No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came out to my bike after work last week and there was a 1980 GS850 sitting right next to it! Talked to the owner for a bit, but didn't catch his name. Any other Helena, MT GS-ers on here?

Comment

Originally posted by elwaxoro View Post
      I came out to my bike after work last week and there was a 1980 GS850 sitting right next to it! Talked to the owner for a bit, but didn't catch his name. Any other Helena, MT GS-ers on here?
      That would have been me if you worked at Smyth Automotive in West Chester, OH and rode an '82 650L. I forgot to tell him I like the color he chose.
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Trailed an early 80's 850 today for amile on Montgomery near Kenwood in Cincy. Brown oin color, mostly original, nice and quiet with a smooth idle. Where I moved in February, I see bikers every day all day going back and forth, but only seen 1 or 2 Suzukis. Mostly newer Harleys, and other touring bikes, or younger yutes on noisy crotch rockets.

Comment

saw an 1100E like Craigers at the local Suzuki dealer a few days ago,didn't talk to the guy though.And there's another in my 'hood,older model bobbed w/high bars and sissy bar,short rear fender,it looks good.Parked behind the Cambridge on Pembina Hwy. which is no sissy bar.

Comment

I spotted a Maroon GS1100 this morning just south of Yorkville IL on Rt,47 & 126 St. I not sure it looked like it could have be an 1980 or 81. The old girl sounded sweet and she was looking good.
            I just wondering it someone on this forum is the proud owner.
            sigpic

1979 GS1000E
            1982 GS1100GL
            2008 Bandit1250S

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/jsrose-gs/

Comment

Yup, we were riding these and would have welcomed the other GS into the group.

Comment

Wes Cooley in Sioux Falls

Hi,
                On Thursday we were walking near our house along a street that is now a construction detour. A really nice Wes Cooley went by. I was too surprised to flag the guy down.

Cheers,
                Lyle

Comment

saw a nice 1000 or 750 in town today. orange, red and yellow. followed him for about a mile and gave up.

Comment

81 Gs1000l

Saw a GS on the way home from work today, and was admiring it when the owner walked up. Doug said his Brother was the original owner, and he was taking the bike to the local motorcycle mechanic. His '81 GS1000L is in pretty nice shape!

I invited him to the forums, so perhaps we'll have another new face around here soon.

Comment

Anyone ride a GS in Brookpark/Parma Ohio?

I just finished working Saturday night (June 28th) and on the way home I stopped at the Speedway gas station at the corner of W 130th Street and Snow Road on the border of Brookpark and Parma Ohio (Cleveland Suburbs)

It was a few minutes before 10:30 pm and someone pulled in on a Suzuki to get gas, I think it was a GS, straight seat that looked like it needed some work. I never was able to get a better look at it or talk with the owner.

Does this one belong to anyone here?

Gypsyjuggler

Comment

Not REALLY A GS, but someone around these here parts has a Gamma! How cool is that!! It was dark, and the owner was a bit shy, so here ya go....

Comment

Yesterday, on I-5 northbound, just shy of exit 82, an 850G with a windjammer and saddlebags. Nice shape.

Comment

This morning on the way to work, NE Ohio, 271 South before the 480/422 split. A guy on what was an older Suzuki. It looked more modern than my bike in regards to the tail and overall styling, it might have been a GSR but it was definitely an older bike. Oh, and the guys plate said "SECKS".

Anyone know who this is? I thought the plate was pretty amusing.

Comment

In Leduc AB. Yesterday, Canada Day, at the Royal Canadian Legion.
                              An 80 (?) GS1000G with a vetter and bags. Middle aged gent with a sparkly open faced helmet. I saw him suit up and as he pulled away he let 'er rip! Sounded awesome!

Comment

I've passed a guy riding an 1100GK several times on Fort Henry Drive in Kingsport, TN. Is there any chance you're monitoring this board? If so, drop by Green Spring Marine sometime, I'd like to talk with you.
                                Willie in TN
                                Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                                '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                                '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                                '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Working...
                                X