No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was at Sawdust Days Here in Oshkosh, WI. I saw a 80-82 850GL with a Windjammer fairing..... Anyone on here know of the bike?

Comment

yesterday i was up near pinconning michigan and i saw a g or gk 1100 on the road as i was pulling out going the other direction, very nice shape!

Comment

two 1982 suzuki gs 1100's where I live. I own one and i used to own the other one. also I have recently noticed a gs 650 running around town, going to have to find out who that was.

Comment

Last Friday, a very nice two tone brown GS850 (1980-82) with an old Aero frame mounted fairing at 17th and O in Lincoln, NE.

Headed west, into the sunset. Perhaps it was a dream.

Comment

I saw a very nicely restored black GS1000 sitting in a Wal-Mart parking lot in Jerseyville, Illinois about a week ago. I wish we had access to GS Resource business cards to place on bikes we see like that. Couldn't convince my wife to stick around long enough to wait for the owner to come out.

Might have to come up with something I can just print out and stick in my wallet for times like that.

Comment

craiger,
              they are here:

Comment

Originally posted by Archania View Post
                Dude, you rock. I totally forgot about those. Thanks!!!

Comment

Here's one I saw

in the next closest bigger city to me(38K people, I live in a relatively small town of 1800) today in the AM, just before I downloaded the GSR business card file!! I was in town for a Dr. appt. Hey, I got a question for the Forum, Doesn't anybody have cameras on their phones like me? This thread is boring without PICTURES!!!

and from the other side:

looks like the guy needs some help with running lean from the looks of that 4-into-1 header. Man I wish I had just thought of printing off some GSR business cards earlier.
                  1981 GS750L (sold)
                  1981 GS750L (current)
                  1978 Yamaha RD400 (RD = Race Development)
                  1981 Honda CT70 (86+ MPG at WOT most of the time)
                  1983 GS1100GL (needs work: update, gone to a new home)
                  1956 Simplex (with a TS250 motor)
                  1985 GS1150E (Hammer Time!!)
                  1998 1200 Bandit (Rattler)
                  1980 GS1100L (Janice)
                  Do I continue?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col Jeff Cooper
                  e tan, e epi tan

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman001 View Post
                    Hey, I got a question for the Forum, Doesn't anybody have cameras on their phones like me? This thread is boring without PICTURES!!!
                    I agree. Unfortunately, I have a very old phone (Cingular Nokia) that I badly need to replace. No way to take pics with it (it's even missing buttons...LOL!).

Comment

I saw a red 1100 or 1150E last night in Mason, going the other way on Snider road. It was about an '83 with wheelie bars and a mean sounding pipe. Riding two up without helmets. Unfortunately, I was heading out to get a new battery, so I had to suppress the urge to wave before I smacked the door.

P.S. charging the new sealed battery at 14.01@2k/13.25@5k, in case you're wondering.
                      Dogma
                      --
                      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                      '80 GS850 GLT
                      '80 GS1000 GT
                      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Going down US-322/Mayfield Rd. East. Past chesterland and around fowlers mill. Blew past a 1000 or 1100E sitting at a light on my right. It was a bigger E model because of the fairing and headlight shroud. Stopped at the bottom of a hill for a few minutes and hoped he was coming my way, unfortunately he did not. Does anyone know who this was? I was on an all original black GS450GAZ.

Comment

Yesterday.
                          At Muskegon Bike Time, on the main street.
                          (6 blocks of bikes on boths sides of street and two rows down the middle on the main street, and on the next street over 6 blocks all down one side, and all the side streets in between on both sides of street. For more pics see Muskegon Bike Time posting)
                          Saw the 4th GK that I have ever seen. And it was quite nice, all stock, all there, shiney, stock seat, not all sun faded, with a cycle sound system.
                          And I had camera.
                          Anybody here ?

Yep, 4th one I have ever seen.
                          1st: Steve Giblet's (Texas 2005)
                          2nd: the one I got (2006)
                          3rd: one a guy in chicago area was parting out on ebay, and I got some parts (2007).
                          4th: this one.
                          Last edited by Redman; 07-21-2008, 06:44 AM. Reason: better capitalize "texas" or I will hear about it

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Friday late afternoon, good paintjob on an 83 GS750... Too bad the paint job was over the existing paint and decals... I even got to ride it... the bike is mechanically sound and there should be a small fix or two because of the PO... and one of the guys from work bought it for 1K... I'll see if I can get him on here....

Comment

Ran into another GS450 on the freeway yesterday. Was a GS450E, probably an 84. Blue, white. Guy was really cool, wearing all the gear. Fell in with him and proceeded to carve through traffic until we both got off at the warren exit in lakewood, but went separate ways. Ran into him on the Jennings changeover. Wanting to follow him and invite him to the site if he didn't know about it but I had to go somewhere and didn't know how long it would be until he got to where he was going.

Comment

Originally posted by Draketh View Post
                                Ran into another GS450 on the freeway yesterday. Was a GS450E, probably an 84. Blue, white. Guy was really cool, wearing all the gear. Fell in with him and proceeded to carve through traffic until we both got off at the warren exit in lakewood, but went separate ways. Ran into him on the Jennings changeover. Wanting to follow him and invite him to the site if he didn't know about it but I had to go somewhere and didn't know how long it would be until he got to where he was going.
                                This sounds very much like the St. Louis area. Where are you located?

Edit: Eh, nevermind. Just saw your previous post. Location of that one doesn't sound familiar at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X