No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw what looked to be another GS L model, maybe a 450, riding in East Lansing last night. Rider saw us but we were going different ways. I was riding two-up, my wife in red on the back. Pretty fun seeing any older japanese bike here, let alone a GS.

Comment

come out to the west side, you'll see me on my 1100 alot, mebby even 2up with my fiencee

Comment

Don't know if anybody caught it but last night on the 6:30 EST ABC news they had a short piece about how a lot of folks were pulling old motorcycles that had sat for years from barns and under covers in the back yard and bringing them in for rehab so they could ride them again to save gas. Had interviews with a few shop owners who stated they were backed up for two months. A couple of shots of GS 400, GS 650G etc. Also had an interview with a fellow who stressed the importance of training course for new riders. Pretty fair and balanced piece and I'm glad they stressed the safety course for new riders. They also stated quoting some government agency that riding a bike was 5 times more dangerous than driving a car.

Comment

My 550L (left) made a friend in the parking garage by my office! It's an 82 650L shaftie. They get to hang out in the shade most days while us working stiffs pretend to work... and post on thegsresources
          Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2008, 11:47 AM. Reason: wrong year :)

Comment

Originally posted by elwaxoro View Post
            My 550L (left) made a friend in the parking garage by my office! It's an 81 650L shaftie. They get to hang out in the shade most days while us working stiffs pretend to work... and post on thegsresources
            How cool is that?

Comment

Originally posted by elwaxoro View Post
              My 550L (left) made a friend in the parking garage by my office! It's an 81 650L shaftie. They get to hang out in the shade most days while us working stiffs pretend to work... and post on thegsresources
              very nice. only gs i know of around here is ericz.. i need to track him down one of these days
              Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2008, 04:12 PM.

Comment

GS on the Schyulkill

Last night while heading down to Manayunk to watch a member of my MC win a battle of the bands for a local radio station, I saw a GS1000G on the expressway by King of Prussia and then getting back on at Conshohocken, was this rider any one here? Unfortunately I was caging it, so I had no chance to let this rider know I was a GS rider as well.

Comment

I've seen a couple GS's... my neighbor has a 78 GS550 (for sale) pretty ratty but runs well and my buddy bought a 77 GS750.. also a little rough had been sitting under a tree for a couple years.. he plans on fixing it up as he goes... I'll try to get up some pics...

Comment

Yesterday while riding from Beckley WV to Fayetteville WV a GS850 Suzuki passed me little did I know it was dped.Hello Don hope you guys had a good time.

Comment

Seen a 550L in at TriCity Cycle in Waterloo a few times this year. In rougher, but still nice shape. Black with blue, shield and bags. Was an older fella, bout late 50's early 60's. Having carb troubles and the dealer guys weren't much help for his questions. They wanted him to bring it in so they could snag some cash on a cleaning and tune up. He left frustrated. Would have loved to have chatted and offered some help, but was in too big of a hurry. Haven't seen him since.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
                        Yesterday while riding from Beckley WV to Fayetteville WV a GS850 Suzuki passed me little did I know it was dpep.Hello Don hope you guys had a good time.
                        Robert, we missed you and your shiny GSXR at the restaurant. You missed some good food. We expect to see you next year, but you have to promise to put some dirt on that showroom 1150 you rode in on last year. It made the rest of us look like we were on old bikes. You need to get a pic of that thing up here on the site and soon.
                        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Leduc, AB, This morning at 7:30 What looked like a GS750T rode into the Fribrex plant.
                          Anyone here?

Comment

Looked in my garage. An 1100EZ, an 1100ED, and a '78 GS750. Outside is another '78 GS750. Life is tough when one only has a single car garage!
                            Kevin
                            E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                            "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                            Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

i285 on the East side of Atlanta 8/18/08 around 10am.

Sadly I was caging it, worse still I was the passenger. Worse STILL I was buried in my laptop and just happed to glance up and see what looked like a GS750T with cafe bars and black wrap on the headers dropping behind on the right. Grey metallic tank, anyone here? Looked sweet in the few seconds I had!

/\/\ac

Comment

a very nice stock looking gs1000e i saw at poags hole hill climb near dansville, NY. i wish i could find a luggage rack like that.
                                By Eli69 at 2008-08-19

also saw several 750's, 500's and spoke with an owner of a very nice 1000l.

oh yeah - very cool kerker header!
                                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                                X