No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a Gs-GK on route 2 MA east near route 13 a little before 1pm on 10-1 It was black I think but I just saw it for a second as I was getting off the road. We waved at each other, I was ridding my white Gs1100gk anybody on here driving the bike ?

Comment

Saw a1981 gs650g with 9k miles about 1 mile from work today, owned by a gent that we deal with.
      never knew he had it.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I just saw an old GS in New Lenox IL, looked to be an GS850G. I did get a good look, but it looked like a fine machine, glad to see it out not much riding season left.

Hope it was someone on the forum.
        sigpic

1979 GS1000E
        1982 GS1100GL
        2008 Bandit1250S

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/jsrose-gs/

Comment

Any GS Owners in the Tri-Cities TN area?

I've seen several around here in the last couple of months but have been unable to talk with the owners. Either we're passing in opposite directions or I'm putting on my helmet while one drives by. Like someone else who posted here recently, I saw a GK stopped at a light that I was hoping to catch up to. I was on my GTS and the guy didn't give me a second look. Wrong bike to be on at the time.
          Sure would be nice to connect with some of the other GS riders around here.
          Willie in TN
          Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
          '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
          '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
          '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Thanksgiving GS in Carmel Maine

Route 69 in Carmel, Thankisgiving day. I think it was a GS850 or 1000G '79 to '81. It may have been a 750E.

One of you?
            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

I see one every morning passing me going the other direction as I drive my cage 65 miles home. It's dark, i can see the headlight and rider, It's got to be an old Suzie, it's just got to be.
              V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Two recent sightings...

Anaheim, CA
                I was in Anaheim, CA for a trade show January 15 - 18th. I believe it was the evening of the 17th, we were leaving the convention center near Disney Land and a red GS, I think it was an L of some type, split the lanes and blew through almost two miles of gridlock. You lucky ba$tards...

North of Leesburg, FL
                Then this afternoon, I was testing out my Real Gasket installation (score!) and stopped at a gas station (lost + no cell network connection). It was at the intersection of 425 and cr27 near Leesburg at about 6pm 2/1/09. Someone pulled up on a good sounding light blue GS1000 on the other side of the parking lot. I was too busy trying to figure out how to get home, but should have snapped out of it anyways. Man that bike sounded good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Brown View Post
                  Man that bike sounded good.

GS1000's DO sound good! You should have chatted him up!

Comment

Finally saw one...

I saw this 750 yesterday at City Hall, next to the mayor's parking spot

Left him (or her) a note referencing this site.
                    I really should print myself a couple of GSR business cards
                    McLoud
                    '79 GS850
                    `98 GSF1200 Bandit
                    sigpic
                    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Took my son to the movies on Thursday, June 14. Was at the Cinemark complex in Independence Ohio, down in the vally. As we left the movies and headed to the parking lot, I saw a GS, couldn't tell what year, but looked very similar to the 82 GS 650 I had. It had a maroon tank and looked like it needed quite a bit of TLC.

Gypsyjuggler

Comment

I was riding this morning through the canyon that I live on when I fastly approached a 79 GS1000 that had been converted with the GSXR front end and front/rear wheels!!! He was slowly coming up the pass and I had to slow down pretty quickly when I came around the corner.

I flagged him over to find out that he is a neighbor of mine that I didn't know I had. He had been researching some mods on the internet and found a few websites of this mod but had never heard of the GSR forums! I will post pictures of his bike this next week when we go on a ride.

I asked him why he was going so slow and he said he had just completed this bike and it was his first "shake down" up the pass! He claims he has something for me on my 550EF.....we'll see!

Comment

Went to the bike show

I saw 3 Gs 's , this was the nicest one

I later met Ray, the owner and chatted him up. He bought the bike brand new
                          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                          2007 DRz 400S
                          1999 ATK 490ES
                          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I saw 2 1983 750/1100e's in vancouver last weekend, both times I went "that's what my bike should look like!"

one was pristine, the other well lived in but still very nice.

Comment

While working in the garage on my Red Hotrod, I heard an unmistakable VROOM-VROOM. I looked out at the street and saw this '82 GS1100E pulling up outside.

The rider, Ken, and I have a mutual friend. He gave Ken my addy and suggested he stop on by. I'm glad he did. I always enjoy meeting and chatting with other GS owners. Especially one who lives near me.

Ken and I actually met on the road a while back. But we were going in opposite directions. Sooner or later we were bound to meet up for real.

Hopefully he will visit the GSR and get to meet all of you.

Comment

1000s in westfield, ma?

coming home from work in my pickup friday afternoon on rt. 202 in westfield mass. passed what appeared to be a sweet blue and white 1000s going in the opposite direction. If i was on a bike I would have turned around and chased him down to get a better look and some info. Looked pretty good. Maybe a member?

Comment

Working...
                                X