No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thursday just after noon i think, northbound I-91 around north haven, Ct. 80 or 81 1100E rollin along in the slow lane. I passed him in my work truck, tractor trailer, gave him a thumbs up, he smiled and nodded. You on here?

Comment

About 2 weeks ago I thought I saw bribirds bike on the back of a truck on I-40 in NC near Raleigh, I told him too, he had to go check to make sure it was still in his garage. so... I guess I a black gs on I-40 East bound near Raleigh.

Comment

saw a beautiful blue 83 gs1100 in merritt today so i stoped at the place where the bike was and looked it over ,very nice had a mac exaust but no pods and only 14000km on it. [thats 9000 miles for you american brothers]
        i will keep on looking for the owner, or are you already here...toolman

Comment

On my way to Philadelphia on Saturday evening, on the Blue Route, in a few miles of congestion...

there was a GS1000L* in the other lane. Black with gold trim, I think, in fair to decent condition.

I tried to get the guy's attention, but what are you gonna do in stop and go traffic, lol...

*I guessed it was a 79-81 1000L. Then I looked and saw that those are the only three years of the 1000L
          Last edited by kerrfunk; 07-13-2009, 11:09 PM.
          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

riding home from work today on rt. 400, which is a divided highway, noticed a bike parked on the far side. the rider had dismounted and seemed to be pacing nervously. though i only had a quick glance i thought the shape of the bike looked familiar so, after carefully scanning the area for the man, i did a median crossing and went back to see what was up. dude had just bought the bike and was on the way home when it died on him. it was an 80 850G. i had seen it before, for sale at a local bike dealer for about a grand. seemed in pretty good shape. he had called the dealer and there was someone on the way. he'd run the battery down trying to get it going so i couldn't do much. checked a plug and it looked like it was running lean. when the mechanic showed up he put it on prime and attached a jumper battery and she fired right up. seems the guy didn't know where the reserve was and just ran out off gas. he was really excited about owning "a classic!" we all had a good laugh and of course i told him about the gsresources. rode with him for a while 'til i could legally turn back around and head home. i don't see too many gs's around here. i'm sure this guy will enjoy his new bike.
            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Last year in Ocean City MD during Bike week, I was riding around and saw a guy goin the opposite direction on a 81-83 Brown GS. I thought it was another 650. Later that night, I found it on a trailer. Turns out it was actually an 82 450G from PA. Yes I checked the vin to see the date.

Around my neighborhood (Joppa Rd. parkville, MD) there's a guy riding an 81-83 650G just like mine but his is the original color (Brown w/gold pin striping). I first saw him in my truck goin to the bar. A few days later, I was on my 650 (before I painted it), and saw him again. We waved, did a double take, and then gave me a thumbs up. I could tell he was laughin too.

Comment

Saw two over the last week, one Thursday morning about 6:30 black with red stripes on the tank turning into Ipswich Bay Glass in Rowley traveling with a Harley the other a Katana at the corner of State and High street in Newburyport at about 4:30 Friday afternoon.

Comment

Black GS1000

Parked at Black Forest Regional Park in Colorado. Very good condition I might add!

Comment

Pictures of
                    GK,
                    1000G &
                    850G
                    parked at Muskegon Bike Time Sat July 18th
                    Do you have a great road adventure that you would like to share? How about a bike repair gone bad? Put your story here and share it with the rest of us.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This one is a couple of days late.

On Sunday, July 19th, I was heading south on AZ60 out of Wickenburg, heading for Phoenix. It was about 4pm, and we were about 10 miles out of town. I spotted a blue & white GS1150 on the northbound side. It was on the giddyup, so I only glimpsed it for a second. Unmistakeable though.

Comment

So who owns the beautiful blue and white checkered Kat I saw at the fancy fish place on Rt 1A in Newburyport, MA on July 10th or 11th during Newburyport Musicfest? Wide rear wheel, olins, etc... Wnyone here own that?
                        I took a picture which my phone immediately lost.

"checkered Kat " not to be confused with a checker cab - thing is wicked gawgeous!

Curious.

Comment

gs 550

I spoke with a young man in his early twenties, from McMinnville, Or.. He was headed south to Phenoix,Az. on his black, with red pin strippes GS 550. Told him he had a nice bike and good luck. It's a 100 plus here , I can only emagine what AZ. is like.

cg
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g
                          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                            I spoke with a young man in his early twenties, from McMinnville, Or.. He was headed south to Phenoix,Az. on his black, with red pin strippes GS 550. Told him he had a nice bike and good luck. It's a 100 plus here , I can only emagine what AZ. is like.

cg
                            I was in Phoenix last weekend. It was 115 degrees!

Comment

Today up at Alice' Restaurant, that's Hwy 84 & Skyline Blvd, I spotted a blue '81 GS750 or 1100E. A gal was riding. Spotted her twice, so she must patrol the territory. I sure would like to chat her up. Find out if she hangs out here.

Comment

On the way home with the "new" 900F in the pickup today saw a nice old 850G parked in Amherst,Ma. By intersection of 116 and 9. Had a plexi windshield on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X