GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure wasn't the house for sale?
    Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
    Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
    '84 Honda VFR 500
    '86 GSXR 750
    http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

Two in one day!

So today I took and end of the semester celebratory ride. I went up out of newark into Harriman St Park in NY. Lots of bikes out, which makes sense because the area looks like this...

Only it gets a lot twistier just up the road a bit. There are 7 lakes in the area and Bear mountain so the roads are awesome.

On the way back however, I rode by a yard sale and this caught my eye.

Didn't get any details on the sale other than it was all original from '77. It looked very nice.

I also noticed a bike white SUV with a trailer and on this trailer was a GS650! I went over and talked to the driver. He was on his way to the motorcycle shop when like me saw the red yammie. We talked for a bit and I told him about GSR. He seemed very interested as he really liked his 650.

I snapped this picture just as he was leaving.

I thought it was pretty neat seeing another GS. And then while I was walking down the street I saw a 450T sitting outside a local cafe.

Two GS sightings in one day!! I also got in a great ride and was able to hit some nice curvy roads in the process.

And just because I think its a pretty bike here is another of my 850.

Comment

That's awesome Tim Tom! I think that red bike is an XS400.

The GS650 looks pretty cool when it's all lowered down with the tie down straps .

Comment

I think the 650 didn't have fork springs or something. The forks look totally collapsed.

Comment

Maybe the tie downs are compressing them all the way?

I had my son out today to try out his new helmet and we passed an oncoming bike - as i waved I swear it looked like a GS gas tank. Call this one an unconfirmed sighting.
            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Saw a clean GS750T yesterday at a convenience store here in LA.(Lower Alabama)

Comment

Saw what looked like a late 70's 300 or 400.
                Bike on side stand, girl sitting on guard rail on RT10 Swanzey NH.
                Stopped asked if everything was OK, got the scared deer look.
                She said out of gas called friend, still scared deer look.
                I said OK see ya.
                A spooked girl can be a dangerous thing....

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
                  I've passed a guy riding an 1100GK several times on Fort Henry Drive in Kingsport, TN. Is there any chance you're monitoring this board? If so, drop by Green Spring Marine sometime, I'd like to talk with you.
                  Willie in TN

i know its an old post, and im not the guy you saw..but im a local thats currently bastardizing a gs1000

Comment

Once again, I saw that GSX1100E. It's the one with the square headlight. Color is stock red/maroon with stock decals. I saw you at Lowe's on Pacific Highway. I was going to say hi but you already left .

Comment

I thought I saw an mid-80s 750 or 1100 from a distance yesterday going into Peterson AFB. Not sure though.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Around noon on 5/22 Norwich, NY. L model on a county road SE of town.
                        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                        82 gs1100L probably the next project
                        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

today in the parking lot of the building adjacent to mine, 1982 GS1100E:

Comment

While at the Rally over the weekend we saw a tired looking GS850 with a Vetter fairing in Tell City Indiana.
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I seen a gs550e ride past me at the cruise night at lancaster speedway today. I tried to find it to take a picture but i couldn't find where he parked.

Comment

1100E Newaygo Mich, Sunday the 22nd

A week ago Sunday, my son and I went for ride to Newaygo (more about that in a "story" in a few days, maybe).

Had my GK and his SV650 parked at the curb downtown and we were standing in the shade just down an alley within view.

A nice red 1100E went by slowly, and parked about half a block down, within view of us and our bikes.
                                Rider got off and went in a bar.

My son says "well, there wasn't anything blocking his view of your bike and us. Must be he does know you from the forumn."
                                Scheesch, smart alek kid.

Anyway . . .
                                Anybody here? Red 1100E, In Newaygo, a weekago Sunday, went into Sportsman bar. We were standing by Jerkeys jerky store.

Dave
                                Last edited by Redman; 05-31-2011, 05:42 PM. Reason: N e w a y g o .

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X