GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Saw this when going to a customers site in Zeeland.
    Anybody here?

That was about 6 weeks ago.

Saw it again today, same place.

Oh, look ...something different now.

Hey, The trunk and bags match my bike.
    Took a quick picture. Didnt look it over much at all. Was folks inside awaiting for me.

Last edited by Redman; 06-28-2012, 05:47 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoBob View Post
      Last week at the railroad station, I saw this near-stock GS550, so I parked next to it and took a few pics (with my phone, so not the best resolution). Bike looked to be stock, except for the paint. Looks better than mine did when I got it. Here are the pics:

Can anyone tell what bar types these two 550's have?

Particularly the one on the left ( I assume ChicagoBob can tell me what his bike has)

Mine has the prancing pony setup on the teal 750 next image down.
      I'm on my 2nd set of buy,try & return handlebars and would like to have a keeper next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Notz View Post

Particularly the one on the left ( I assume ChicagoBob can tell me what his bike has)
        They look like 1100E bars to me.
        ED model or ES model as they are black or just painted E model bars.

Eric

Comment

I wish I had taken more pictures of the 2 previous GS750E models I have owned.
          One a 78 the other a 79, both had nearly the same handlebar dimensions as the 550 pictured (So it appears). I bought my current 78 GS750E and it has the PP bars and I can't stand them, wrist cramps, forearm fatigue and posture is all wrong for me. So I am attaching a pic in hopes that someone, somewhere can illuminate why some of the stock 78-79's had one handlebar type and others had the preferable (at least to me) ones....

Of course this picture is nearly useless, but the 550 on the left regardless of color looks closer to what I would like. Chicagobob, what are yours?

I'm almost ready to go for the rental streetfighter bars unless I can find the ones I like.

Sent back:
          Euro Touring Bars
          Emgo Superbike bars
          There also seems to be a difference betwixt Emgo and other Superbike bar dimensions.

Thanks for any help!

Oh And I saw a Blue 1100L cruising up Werk road today about 4:00pm. Looked to be an early 80's model. Sounded pretty good.
          Last edited by Notz; 06-28-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
            They look like 1100E bars to me.
            ED model or ES model as they are black or just painted E model bars.

Eric
            The do look similar to the bars you mentioned.

Good staring point,
            thanx!

Comment

I have those on four bikes currently and am always looking for another.
              Stock G model bars are very similar to the stock '79 750E bars that I like also.
              You might try looking for some of those also.

Eric

Comment

A few days ago, I saw a 4 cylinder L model in the parking lot of the main South Windsor Post Office parking lot; I'm pretty sure I've seen it there before. Then yesterday, whilst waiting at the light off I84 East exit 63 (by the VIP store), I saw a guy riding a 4 cylinder GS, no front mudguard, chopped up rear frame and rigid struts. How sad.

Comment

I saw an 1100 sitting at the Dayton VA Hospital this afternoon but didn't want to stop and take a picture with it storming like it was.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Skunk in Lake Tahoe!

Saw a skunk in south lake tahoe today, and not the plant or animal type, the Suzuki kind! Nice looking black skunk with a yellow stripe rolled through California side of tahoe. Anyone here?

Comment

Was going past there again, swung bye to get a better picture

Okay, maybe not much better photo.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I've only been riding my GS around for less than a week, and I already had a guy come up to me at the hardware store. He's got a '80 GS750. I saw a GS a could weeks ago in front of a local pizza place, but didn't have time to pull over for a better look. Now that summer has finally arrived here, I expect I'll see them around.

Comment

Originally posted by Notz View Post

Mine has the prancing pony setup on the teal 750 next image down.
                          I'm on my 2nd set of buy,try & return handlebars and would like to have a keeper next time.
                          They look like the Renthal bars that I have on my 1000G
                          1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                          80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                          1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                          83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                          85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                          “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                          If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Seen in Holland MI this afternoon.

550L
                            82 I suspect.

anybody here?

Comment

Fellow GSRer Buddy. Met him at the Cracker Barrel in Malbis , Al. for the Eastern Shore Breakfast Bunch.

Comment

Florence, KY

I was sitting at a red light at the intersection of Weaver Rd. and Dixie HWY (Rt. 25) in Florence, KY. I saw a bearded guy ride by on a GS 1100E (no helmet). I think it was a 1983, based on the paint, but that may have been changed some time in the last 30 years

Comment

Working...
                                X