No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My good buddy called me a few days ago and said he picked up a GS for a very fair price. FREE! A thoughtful friend we know from our community gave it to him. 82' 1100GK
    The fella had just painted it, unfortunately a little too yellow but its a decent job. Nice side luggage and matching trunk all in nice shape. Freshly cleaned carbs and tune, fork seals, new tires, new Slipstreamer on the front. A little rougher up close than it looks in the pics, but absolutely turn key. We did an 85 mile loop out to the PA. border and back, both bikes running nicely. Only incident to report is at about 75mph one of his side covers blew off and flew into the grassy ditch. His rubbers are split but we recovered the undamaged side cover.
    The YELLOW is a bit loud for his (and most poeples) taste, he started talking about flat blacking the whole bike, engine, body, tank, luggage. I not so tactfully told him it would look like a total piece of crap and he agreed it would look totally featureless and show little detail or have much appeal so he is gonna do black luggage boxes and some body striping of some sort. Whew! tragedy averted! Its his bike tho, he will do as he wants in the end.
    Great ride, Frank is a good friend. We will now doubt be riding till the snow flies.

Comment

Yah, that is yellow.
      Wheels too.

And free . . . Wow.

And can tell it is actaully a GK, not a G that someone added the bags.
      And they also would have had to fashion some headlight mount because stock 1100G headlight/mount will not fit.
      And they had to come with some front t/signals and figure how to mount.

Pipes are black. Probably stock GK pipes.

Have seen a few painted over GK. SOme look drab if all same color without any stripping, especailly the darker colors.
      Can not say that yellow is drab.

THose side cover rubber grommets can be replaced for cheap (or at least they were a couple years ago). I would say to replace all of them, before loose sidepanel for good.

THat yellow fits in well with fall color pictures.

Last edited by Redman; 10-04-2012, 09:37 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

You know your GK's Redman... aftermarket head light bracket with what looks like a Harley headlight, mini signals in the front. Pipes are sanded down chrome stockers I think painted of course. I really like that fairing on that bike. A lot of GS's have that rough running clack to them, this thing is quite smooth.
        I sat on it and it is soo very comfortable. Very roomy and great riding position. Just feels great sitting on it. 30k on the clock. Frank is a happy dude.
        Good stuff.

Comment

Parked up beside this beauty the other day. Sounded even better than she looked (dunstall mufflers)

Last edited by azr; 10-04-2012, 10:15 PM.
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Very nice. 78E?
            Your baby Kaw is nice also.

Comment

The GS is a 79. Ya I like that little two stroke in town, she's a whole lotta fun all wrapped up in 10 & 1/2 HP.
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Hey Rob did you meet the owner? Nice 750!
                No signature

Comment

Driving down the road this afternoon, saw what looked like a GK parked in a driveway on the north side of the road, no fairing or bags. Somewhere in the border area of Lancaster / Berks / Lebanon counties of Pennsylvania.
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I met another GS rider in Perth (population about 5500) today-I thought I was the only one. He came up beside me on his '82 750E and we stopped and chatted for a while. His name is Mike. BTW, he needs a replacement seat, a dog ate a lot of his. I told him about the GSR, so hopefully he'll join and someone can fix him up.

Comment

Spotted a green 1000 or 1100 at Menard's in Oakdale, MN yesterday afternoon. Didn't have time to get a pic. Anyone here?

Comment

I spotted this one with a for sale sign on it today in traffic and turned around to take pic's and see what he wanted for it.
                        There was a guy in the shop that said that it was a '78 but I believe that it is a '77.
                        He didn't know what the owner was asking for it and he was not there at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by GSScoobie View Post
                          I spotted this one with a for sale sign on it today in traffic and turned around to take pic's and see what he wanted for it.
                          There was a guy in the shop that said that it was a '78 but I believe that it is a '77.
                          He didn't know what the owner was asking for it and he was not there at the time.

Nice find! The guy has to be here on gsr..what with a swet bike like that. Anybody?
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool
                            ........... I finally said, "hey...you happen to be on GSR....?" low and behold, it was jpaul on his GS750........Sorry, didn't get any pics..
                            Good to hear that jpaul is out and about.

I too have meet JPaul on the road.
                            ALthough in southern Indiana along the Ohio River this May.
                            And I did get a picture.
                            Last edited by Redman; 11-01-2012, 10:30 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Was at a bike shop today and spotted this in the parking lot. A young kid who just started working at the shop owns it. It was a friend of his fathers. It had sat for 20 years and he gave it to the young guy. Cool to see a young guy interested in an old GS. Says he will be on here soon.
                              No signature

Comment

new GSer

I was leaving work and got to "the motorcycle parking spot" outside the lincoln tunnel (a median without any no-parking signs) when i noticed a distinctive red tank and emblem and saw a fellow standing near a GS. "78?" I asked, and he said, "no, good eye though! 77"

So this is John. He's had his 77 GS750 for about a 1 1/2 years (same time I got my 850). He didn't know about our little crew here but I got his email address and sent him some links and hopefully he'll post up here soon to introduce himself. I gather that he'll want to do some work on his ride soon and will be glad to have the support.

~a

Comment

Working...
                                X