Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcycle-nut
    Originally posted by Hoomgar
    Just got back from lunch. Went up to the Lebanon Valley Cycles and was looking around. They had a GS650G? there with 33k on it for 1,495.

It was in really good shape but had a crotch dent in the top of the fuel tank. Weird? The type you usually see on dirt bikes, not street bikes.
    Must have set something heavy on it.
    Like his 'nads?
    That's what I was thinking. Looked very painful.

Comment

now I don't remember, but I bet it's the same one!

just tagged another a street over from my house, nice black 450GT. maybe we'll see him soon!!

I just took my driver's test in boulder last week (passed too!! ) and had to run to the atm twice to pay for all the fees, etc!! I was looking for the guzzi at Vic's, but I guess BB was busy elsewhere!!

Comment

Originally posted by snowbeard

just tagged another a street over from my house, nice black 450GT. maybe we'll see him soon!!

I just took my driver's test in boulder last week (passed too!! ) and had to run to the atm twice to pay for all the fees, etc!! I was looking for the guzzi at Vic's, but I guess BB was busy elsewhere!!
        That would be the notorious Claude......I have too much class and ride a white '83 GS750ES!

BB

Comment

Originally posted by Bolder Biker
          Originally posted by snowbeard

I have too much class and ride a white '83 GS750ES!

BB
          That would be the slower white one..right

Comment

Originally posted by wrench
            Mucho faster than a geriatric shaftie!

BB

Comment

well I certainly wouldn't want to run into him then, I'll just watch for the GS!!

Comment

I saw a dusty rusty '82 GS550L today

Comment

From what I've heard, it was in a totally neglected condition. Filthy! A real shame! Did you help her wash/polish the bike?
                  Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
                  "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
                  1982 GS1100E
                  1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Originally posted by frosty5011
                    From what I've heard, it was in a totally neglected condition. Filthy! A real shame! Did you help her wash/polish the bike?
                    Robin was too busy boogying with his banana!

BB

Comment

Last Frikday, Auburn, ME, a red GS, rider with a silver helmet. Bike looked like it might've been an L model? Each of us was coming from opposite directions, and turning left onto Court St (me heading over the bridge into Lewiston). At first I thought it was MaineZuki, except I met him later that night for the trip to the drag strip, and his '83 GS550E is styled more like a sport bike (amazing how DIFFERENT it is from MY '80 GS550E, which is a standard UJM).

If you're reading this, drop a line! There's at least a few local GS riders on here already (me, MaineZuki, lhanscom....)

Comment

I saw a black 400L in nice shape yesterday, on which I left a GSResources card. I just had time to leave the card, as I was really rushed for time. I never noted the year or kilometerage.
                        Kevin
                        E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                        "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                        Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

I finally got a chance to see my 84 GS400E on the road last Thursday. First bike, 28000 km, and was having issues with air starvation on Thurs. Replaced my home-made air filter with an OEM Suzuki element, and now the beauty revs all the way to 9.5 without a problem. Boy oh Boy, motorcycling is fun. Haven't seen many other GS's in Ottawa, except the 1100 that our Union Rep at work rides...

I've put on about 300k since then, and am loving every kilometer, even in the thunderbursts we've been having here lately...

Mark
                          Proud owner (and rider) of a bike! woop woop!

Comment

Originally posted by Bolder Biker
                            Originally posted by wrench
                            Mucho faster than a geriatric shaftie!

BB

Wife (as pilion) and I were out for a brief ride today to visit a friend. On the way back we almost got to speak to the rider of a nice looking blue GS450T. Pulled up behind him just a couple of seconds before the traffic light changed.

(Presumed to be a him because of the slogan on the jacket: "If you can read this the bitch fell off")

Carried on up the highway for a while as the 450 pulled away, then decided to let the GK go for a moment.

I almost ( :roll: almost :roll: ) felt guilty as the old shaftie rolled on past the 450T rider who was bent over behind his shield, searching for another MPH, or even two.

Stopped at a gas station and hoped the rider would show up there, but he must have turned off, as we did not see him again.
                            "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Every Tuesday evening (weather permitting) there is a gathering of anywhere from 50 to 250 riders at our local Tim Hortons. Tonight there was a couple riding an 1100GS. I hunted through the crowd of roughly 100 riders for almost an hour until I found the owner(s).

Needless to say, I asked them if they were familiar with this site. They informed me they had glanced in the technical section once or twice but never joined.

Hopefully we will see them here soon. I encouraged them to join us after extolling the virtues of this fantastic site !!!

Comment

ellie your cop chase needs a little red on the ground after the wreck

Comment

Working...
                                X