GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Found this on utube, nice music. Wow, 2500 miles with no break downs!!!
    2500 miles on clubmans with no biological breakdown!

Actually, for that rider, it looked like a reasonable posture for highway speed. Especially on the rear pegs.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

We were eating dinner at Frank's Chicken And Waffles last night and two vintage GS's rode by. It was near another member's house, but neither belonged to him so I really think that was just coincidental.

The first was a red 82 or 83 GS 750 or 1100E. The second was an even quicker glimpse of an older model, cafe type build with a black tank and the typical big empty space between the engine and rear wheel.

My back was to the road so I was rubbernecking to see these bikes. That red one was a beauty from what I saw. Glad to see these being ridden.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Saw at autozone when passing bye, but had to get to an appointment. Saw it yet on return trip when had to get somewhere also, but took time to stop to get pics. THought I should make some more of the GSR cards to carry with me.

Engine looks to be 83.
        General size of engine, and the cam caps make me thing 650, .... 83 GS650G.
        I suspect maybe GL but front forks dont look like it.

Maybe sometime I might see again and have time to stepp inside.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

On my ride this evening (first time that had GK out since our mishap 12 weeks ago), I caught up to two bikes, one looked like a 70s vertical twin and other a GS.
          One of them had a bandanna fly off, so we stopped along side of road.

THey had jackets with patches of something like "Oil Leakers" (round patch, no rockers, no MC). Said had just put the old Bates bags on the GS for a recent round-the-lake trip.
          Just chatted quickely, I took a quick picture, they said were on way back to Grand Rapids, I said I was about to turn around back the other way. I did have a GSR card to give. And then we were back underway.
          Last edited by Redman; 09-15-2019, 04:01 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            Found this on utube, nice music. Wow, 2500 miles with no break downs!!!
            Liked that video as well.
            Reminiscent of some of my own trips from decades ago.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I've waited a while but finally uploaded this pic on PB. We visited Dublin, Ireland in March of this year (2019) and I saw this little GS with some contraption on the back.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                I've waited a while but finally uploaded this pic on PB. We visited Dublin, Ireland in March of this year (2019) and I saw this little GS with some contraption on the back.
                Ed
                Pizza delivery guy?
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  Pizza delivery guy?
                  Buahahahahahaha!

Maybe???

Perhaps a Grubhub delivery service?

I love that the little GN125H has a single front disc and rear drum brake.

Ed

EDIT: Review from here: https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-...ki/gn125/1994/

With incredibly low running costs, modest but useful urban performance and funky retro looks, the Suzuki GN125 is an ideal about-town motorcycle or learner bike. Incredibly easy to ride, with a reliable engine and minimal maintenance, the Suzuki GN125 is forgiving and a great confidence-builder. Lousy brakes and finish let it down a bit but, for a real world workhorse, the Suzuki GN125 is a bargain.
                  Last edited by GSXR7ED; 09-15-2019, 12:26 PM.
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I thought only old British bikes marked their territory.
                    Hippo hands? How cold was it?
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Dublin, Ireland in March 2019 was surprisingly warm!

Ed

EDIT: I thought the piece of material on the one end of the handle bar was a balaclava...maybe a hand warmer but they weren't needed that day.
                      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 09-15-2019, 01:42 PM.
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        What is that, 1980 850G, somewhere around there? I thought maybe an L but does it have a tail cowl? and a not-chrome front fender?
                        Last edited by kerrfunk; 09-15-2019, 04:47 PM.
                        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                          What is that, 1980 850G, somewhere around there? I thought maybe an L but does it have a tail cowl? and a not-chrome front fender?
                          They said were "headed back to Grand Rapids" (so 30-50 miles from me).
                          Leading axle fork, teardrop tank, step seat: Is an L (with flatter bars installed).
                          I think they said was an 81.

Comment

GS550L Watkins Glen, NY

Owner was working in the gas station it was parked at. He was as interesting as his bike.

sigpic

SUZUKI:
                            1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                            HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                            KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                            YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Saw this nice looking (1979?) GS 550E here at UNM today. Had to stop and check it out. No owner in sight though.

Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Saw this shiny one at a dealership in Le Noirmont, Switzerland, a few weeks ago. Looks like an 81 or 82 model to me, but I wouldn't know for sure.

It was part of this cool ensemble...

sigpic
                                1978 GS1000 EC

Comment

Working...
                                X