No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight while watching CSI with Nerobro, the murderer in the show was riding a 77-80 GS 550-750.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorah
      Tonight while watching CSI with Nerobro, the murderer in the show was riding a 77-80 GS 550-750.

He MUST have stolen it!No self respecting GS owner would stoop to such nefarious activities!

Comment

I did see a really nice looking GN450 parked in Los Alamos at the Starbucks. I didn't see who was riding it but I thought it was a GS until I got up a little closer. It was a really well cared for bike though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie
          Originally posted by Shorah

He MUST have stolen it!No self respecting GS owner would stoop to such nefarious activities!
          haha well, if you really MUST know, he was jealous of another guy, so (as I've definately recently learned following Nerobro's accident) some self respecting GS owners will stoop to new lows due to testosterone flowing.

Comment

Buying a battery...

I was trying to get myself a new battery on short notice and was learning through experience that my battery is an odd size. No one carried it, but everyone was willing to order it for me. After checking all the autoparts stores in my area, I ordered one from NAPA. Why? Because one of the employess had a very well maintained 750 in the parking lot. I think thats a reason to choose one store over another. And I only paid 3 more dollars to patronize a fellow GSer. -Chad

Comment

A BEAUTIFUL red 1000 pulled up beside me tonight. I think I met him at the Suzuki/Triumph shop a month or two ago. He bought the bike new, and it still looks it. Man, is it shiney!
              Kevin
              E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
              "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
              Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

saw a nice black with blue stripes GS on Foothills this morning, I've definitely seen it before in town, anybody here??

Comment

Last weekend I saw my buddie's '81 GS850G sitting beside (not in) his garage, partly covered by a blue plastic tarp. It was sad - rust, grime and spider webs everywhere. The right front caliper seal had shrunk from disuse, and brake fluid had seeped down the disc and corroded the wheel rim. This bike once carried him faithfully to Baja and back...

As is my GSR duty, I gave him an earful.
                  He started mumbling about "Settling into the new house after the move"-"been super busy getting my studio set up so I can work at home"-"no time to ride"-"I've got three kids..." etc., etc.

I was having none of it.
                  Then I remembered that my '80 GS1100E hasn't been running in three years.
                  So I cut him some slack.

But at least mine is in the garage.

I told him he should put all his kids' obsolete toys and baby crap outside under the tarp, and put the bike inside, where it belongs!!!
                  Sheeeeeeeesh.

Ted

Comment

The only GS I saw on my Delmarva and More trip this October was on Saturday the 9th, about lunch time, on New Jersey route 94. Bike was an L model, 8 valver (I caught the chrome cam end beauty covers) rider was wearing a black leather vest with some ride pins on it and a white shirt. We passed each other. I was northbound he was headed south. In the vicinity of Hope and Blairsville...or wherever I was...(lost again! )

Comment

There was an 1982 GS750T in my workshop the past week, now happily riding around with a new headgasket. Sighted? I nearly fell over it!

Comment

Saw a '83 750 in my buddy's shop for service. Nice shape too! He's trying to get a fairing because someone knocked it over in a parking lot, and yes, he knows about the site. I also saw a 1979 425 there too. That poor bike needed much "attention." Someone's trying to turn it into a streetfighter, using a hacksaw and lots of black paint. I expect to see it in www.ratbike.org soon!
                        Kevin
                        E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                        "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                        Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

just saw a "77 GS750 at the post office, told him about this site and he said he had tried to find one by google but couldn't!!

hopefully we'll see a TS3 around in the near future!!

Comment

Hey theres nothing wrong with a twin :roll:

Comment

In case anyone in Cincinnati is looking. I saw what looked like a 1982 - 83 GS1100E in a driveway in Lebanon, OHIO yesterday for $1000. It was on Ohio 48 a couple blocks from Colony Square. Blue and white with what appeared to be a stock cafe racer type fairing. Looked in good shape I'll try and go by there again and get more info.

Comment

a 1985 gs 700 has just come back to life in San Marcos tx , with the help of TRI COUNTY CYCLE and their rebulit carb, thanks TRI COUNTY, i am almost scared to twist the trotttle all the way

jay

Comment

Working...
                                X