Amusing encounter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amusing encounter

Made a run to get a bag of dog food this afternoon. On the way back, I stopped at a little country store I frequent and parked the bike at the end of the parking line next to the building. On coming out and being in the process of putting on my helmet, a older woman driving a PT cruiser parked in the spot next to my bike. She was getting close to too close and I was keeping a eye on her. When she got out of her car to walk past me, she said don't worry, I wouldn't hit your bike. I smiled at her and said, "good thing, because I would have to beat your ass" To which she replied, You better watch it, I'm 80 years old and I have a cane". I said I can see it now, the cops arrive and you're beating me with a cane and I'm pounding you with a bag of dog food. hehehe Then she says, "I rode a Harley for a lot of years, but I just can't manage one anymore". She had a few good bike stories to tell. I think we both had a good time swapping experiences. When I see a 80 year old woman with a cane, too often, I probably forget that she wasn't always so.
    Last edited by earlfor; 06-05-2013, 04:58 PM.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

I thought you were an eighty year old woman with a cane.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Hilarious!!! They don't make them like that anymore.

Comment

old bastards motorcycle club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
        Made a run to get a bag of dog food this afternoon. On the way back, I stopped at a little country store I frequent and parked the bike at the end of the parking line next to the building. On coming out and being in the process of putting on my helmet, a older woman driving a PT cruiser parked in the spot next to my bike. She was getting close to too close and I was keeping a eye on her. When she got out of her car to walk past me, she said don't worry, I wouldn't hit your bike. I smiled at her and said, "good thing, because I would have to beat your ass" To which she replied, You better watch it, I'm 80 years old and I have a cane". I said I can see it now, the cops arrive and you're beating me with a cane and I'm pounding you with a bag of dog food. hehehe Then she says, "I rode a Harley for a lot of years, but I just can't manage one anymore". She had a few good bike stories to tell. I think we both had a good time swapping experiences. When I see a 80 year old woman with a cane, too often, I probably forget that she wasn't always so.
        hi a few years ago in orbost i met a old guy that was 70 when he started the OLD BASTARDS MOTORCYCLE club ,,,,you had to be 70 when you got your licence..... had rode a 1981 shaft drive gs1000 with a side car and also a trailer... he used to go camping for 3-4 weeks with his 2 dogs, they both sat in the dusting sidecar,,, god it was a loverly bike/setup regards oldgrumpy

Comment

Good stuff Earl. She sounds sharper than most 20 years olds nowadays. I guess when I ride up your way I'll have to be on my best behavior. I don't want to get beaten by a cane......or dog food.
          Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            I thought you were an eighty year old woman with a cane.
            No, I'm a retired chef.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I'm picturing Earl hopping around the broken bag of dog food trying to duck, but the old lady and her cane are much too quick for him.

Keep your helmet on tight Earl, I bet it's loud in there!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Missile99 View Post
                Good stuff Earl. She sounds sharper than most 20 years olds nowadays. I guess when I ride up your way I'll have to be on my best behavior. I don't want to get beaten by a cane......or dog food.
                One of the few perks of having white hair is that I can get away with things that otherwise would be taken seriously.

Comment

Since you mention she was a "Harley" rider I'll bet she only looked like she was 80.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                    When I see a 80 year old woman with a cane, too often, I probably forget that she wasn't always so.
                    I really try to be conscious of the same, and I know I fail in that endeavor far too often.

Comment

I like it! Bag of dog food, good for defense but a little cumbersome on the attack.
                      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                        I like it! Bag of dog food, good for defense but a little cumbersome on the attack.
                        Not too bad if you open the bag and pummel the little old ladies one pellet at a time. heh

Comment

Working...
                        X