Legal age to purchase ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal age to purchase ?

I was buying some alcohol in the local shop yesterday when the girl at the checkout , less than half my age asked I remove the helmet so she could verify I was of legal age - Woooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo. Some days are great.
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

I was in one of our local liquor stores recently. The girl in front of me was being I.D.'d so like a smart ass I asked the salesgirl why she didn't I.D. me ? Her reply........I would have but we don't have any seniors discounts this week....
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

She just wanted to do an ear hair check.

When my brother was in high school, he had a friend who was already going bald at sixteen. He was always welcome at parties, because he was able to purchase alchohol.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Right as they're looking at the ID, I always say "that's a good fake, right? It costed me a lot of money!"

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
          I was buying some alcohol in the local shop yesterday when the girl at the checkout , less than half my age asked I remove the helmet so she could verify I was of legal age - Woooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo. Some days are great.

You can't walk into a store around my parts with a helmet on without the cashiers freaking.

I had a gas station clerk yelling at me to take the helmet off before I entered the store last winter. So I did, I had a black balaclava on under my helmet and was wearing my camouflage winter riding suit. Looking like a member of the Michigan militia or a suicide bomber.
          I could almost hear his blood pressure rise.

Comment

Originally posted by Notz View Post
            I had a gas station clerk yelling at me to take the helmet off before I entered the store last winter. So I did, I had a black balaclava on under my helmet and was wearing my camouflage winter riding suit. Looking like a member of the Michigan militia or a suicide bomber.
            I've always questioned the wisdom of walking into places with my FF helmet on, particularly gas stations, and my local post office. I've done it so many times at my Post Office now though (I typically make one or two visits a week), that they now recognize me and address me by name before they even see my face.
            ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
            13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
            PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

Working...
            X