Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
    Here it is...Thursday already!

Last minute tid bits to ship out and sweeping the work area before we depart.

The program was a success. Great opportunity for everyone to shine and we did just that...

Ed
    Drive safe Ed, you got alot of riding to do yet lol. Be safe friend.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Safety

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
      Drive safe Ed, you got alot of riding to do yet lol. Be safe friend.
      Thanks Bill. I'll keep you posted.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

First Travel Day

First stop...OKC...stayed at the Howard Johnson/OKC Airport. Not bad for the price; and they have a mini fridge! Believe it or not, I've stayed at hotels that cost about the same and they had no where to keep my drinks cool.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Second Travel Day

Spending my 2nd night in Jackson, TN.

Wow! I'm really out of my element. Interesting place is all I have to say. I've got a 14hr drive tomorrow (893 miles). Also, I want to stop at 2/3pm (depending on which time zone I'm in) to watch the World Cup Final.

Ed
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Spending my 2nd night in Jackson, TN.

Wow! I'm really out of my element. Interesting place is all I have to say. I've got a 14hr drive tomorrow (893 miles). Also, I want to stop at 2/3pm (depending on which time zone I'm in) to watch the World Cup Final.

Ed
            Making some good time there. Jackson TN? Humm, I believe that is where I stayed on my trip to NC some years back.
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Sunday - WC Final Day in Knoxville, TN

I drove 300 miles in 5 hours (yeah, that's probably slow for most) and wanted to watch today's World Cup Final. So I stopped in Knoxville, TN and I must say, it's much more of a place that I'm use to. (Not gonna explain that one)

Anyhow, I got a smartphone special rate hotel for $40 at the Red Roof Inn. I give it a thumbs up.

I'll start my 580 mile drive to Dover tomorrow. It won't leave me much time to do anything but sort out all the boxes/bags/tools/tv and other things in my truck. And then I have to check out my "T" and clean her up before I depart for FL this Saturday.

Ed
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Monday Morning - 14 Jul 2014

Having breakfast and watching The Weather Channel...not looking good for clear weather. Thunderstorms await me all the way to Dover!

On a good note, TWC showed Rehoboth Beach as a point of interest. I love that beach boardwalk where I chow down on Crab Legs/Blue Crab.

Ed
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Not A Bad Drive and A Surprise!

I had to go through one rough part of hard rain in Virginia but other than that, not too bad of a drive to Dover.

Well, after going through the DC Belt loop and reaching the Bay Bridge, I decided to get in touch with Cheryl for a possible visit. It all worked out!

I got to meet Cheryl and her son Matthew and of course the little GS450L. Of course I didn't think to take pictures (duh). I was too busy being hungry but Cheryl had made enough dinner to share with me. Great cookin' btw. Baked chicken and white rice...with a side of pizza that she baked for her son.

So I've met MrBill, RonA, and now Cheryl. Three GS members! Pretty cool man.

Well, I'm tired...gonna unpack tomorrow but right now it's a beer and SportsCenter.

Ed
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I didn't think to take a pic until after you've already left. D'oh! It was great having you over for dinner!

Comment

No Pic But That's OK

Originally posted by Cheryl View Post
                      I didn't think to take a pic until after you've already left. D'oh! It was great having you over for dinner!
                      Yeah, I guess we were both preoccupied--me getting home and you with Matthew. Next time we'll remember.

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I had to go through one rough part of hard rain in Virginia but other than that, not too bad of a drive to Dover.

Well, after going through the DC Belt loop and reaching the Bay Bridge, I decided to get in touch with Cheryl for a possible visit. It all worked out!

I got to meet Cheryl and her son Matthew and of course the little GS450L. Of course I didn't think to take pictures (duh). I was too busy being hungry but Cheryl had made enough dinner to share with me. Great cookin' btw. Baked chicken and white rice...with a side of pizza that she baked for her son.

So I've met MrBill, RonA, and now Cheryl. Three GS members! Pretty cool man.

Well, I'm tired...gonna unpack tomorrow but right now it's a beer and SportsCenter.

Ed
                        Glad you are home safe and sound, sleep should be in there somewhere huh lol
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

My Status

Glad you are home safe and sound, sleep should be in there somewhere huh lol
                          Bill!

I'm still lounging and sleeping...I woke at at 7am today //bathroom break// then laid back down and BOOM it's almost 10am!

Normally, I don't sleep that much but I guess this 2K mile road trip across America did it to me. And then I have only till Friday before I have to drive down to Panama City on Saturday.

I'm not complaining because I do need to keep this job. I'll be unloading the bike soon...she's gonna stay here in DE.

Ed
                          Last edited by GSXR7ED; 07-16-2014, 02:17 PM.
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Sun 20 July 2014

Finally arrived to Panama City. I'm friggen' exhausted.

Ed
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Finally arrived to Panama City. I'm friggen' exhausted.

Ed
                              Too exhausted to check out the bikini clad ladies at the beach?
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Heaven Can Wait

Too exhausted to check out the bikini clad ladies at the beach?

(I know you're messin' with me, Bill)

Just like the diet I'm gonna start, it's gonna take discipline to set myself up for success. The ladies will come...I just have to concentrate on other things at the moment...like my regiment at the gym and of course my job. I can't do my job if I'm not taking care of myself. More to come...especially pics since I haven't logged on the PB in a while.

Ed
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X