Pensylvania in my KIA :)) :))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotty
    You know Harry all joking aside if it is possible, all of those stupid times i fell of bike in my driveway, gas stations, parking lots and in my garage has made me an expert jumper offer
    :
    Those jumping skills are a lot more valuable when one contemplates mixing it up with a beast like the KZ1300 8O .... Sorry to hear about the mishap.... glad you are OK.....

Comment

Well actually i only like you because Anouk is your daughter.

Comment

I took some photos. In one of them you can see the path the bike took afret it went down. Im g;ad i wasnt under it

if any one wants to see ther photos and is nt signed into the gs garage let me know. Look at the size of those 2 brothers. With friends like that no one would dare be my enmy They are both fine well bred gentlemen tthough

Comment

Bad luck!
          Glad to hear you are OK though.
          Bike doesn't look too bad from the pics - there again it looks small next to those guys!

Comment

Glad you're ok, pal!!

...bikes are replaceable ... even GS's! Looks like the Kawi will ride again, though!

Steve 8)

Comment

By the way, next time don't entitle the post, "Pennsylvania or bust" ... just stick to "Pennsylvania here I come!"

Steve 8)

Comment

Dear Mr. 1100ed Missus,

I am being very glad to hear you are not having been damaged in the described wreck. It is good thing it was being only the motorbike, and not you. Remember, your own safety is being pair-a-mount (sp?) to all else. To be hearing that you are having "walked away" is being very happy news indeed. Of course, hearing "rode away on bike" would have been being even better.

I ask that you please be intent on being very careful in future. We would not want to be missing your serious insights to those many of our questions, and you are being one of the ever so few on this forum with really good typing abilities.

On other subject matter - These two finnish brothers; they are being possibly for hire? I am needing such people to be doing the "Taming of the Shreck" (her name being Niyati - )

Comment

Thanks for your comments Gnadt. I always find your postings to be extremely cool :?
                  The bike runs and i guess i could have driven it home but i wasnt in the mood for riding at the moment. Glad you find my wisdom inspiring. I spoke to the giants and only one is single and would definitely like to tame your sister.
                  I believe i will strip the bike and turn it into an a model. I really dont do too well on a bike when i cant see the ground for ballance when i stop. Not reaching it too well is bad enough.
                  Scotty.

BTW i added some close ups of the dammage to the link in the gs garage and would like some comments from any one.

Comment

Re: Pensylvania or bust

Originally posted by TheBigRed
                    I hope to leave for pensylvania in about 6 weeks
                    Scotty, Does this mean that you will be joining us for the Central PA GS ride?

Amos
                    I was thinking of it Amos but about one hour ago I wrecked it. I hit a lincoln. It was just perfect bad timing for both of us. The cop wrote no one a ticked and said equal fault. My touring days were quite short. I did serious dammage to the fairing and destroyed the right saddle bag.
                    It looks as though ther mechanical stuff and the seat are still good. I guess i wil strip it and turn it into an A model.
                    Me??? just a few scratches and very dusty. I jumped after i hit and destroyed the street sign. I hit the left front bumper of the car as it was turning left. i was in the left lane starting to pass. then he put the signals on so I veered left to avoid but ther just wasnt enough flat ground or i could have gotten away. There was a sort of a hill on the side of the road.--- Phoey I was dreaming of riding to see a few of our gang.
                    Well, I walked away and thats good anytime.
                    Oh Dad you scared me

But you are ok and that's the main thing

Comment

I'm sorry the Kawa got damaged, but I am glad to hear you are OK. I hadn't realized how much damage was done to the bodywork until I saw the close-ups. If the bike is ride-able as is you might think about just doing enough repairs to get it back on the road (Joke). People would start getting out of your way They would be afraid you will run them over. I've noticed drivers tend to steer clear of previously wrecked bikes going down the road.
                      Seriously, as a short guy (5' 4") I also feel much more secure when I can see the ground.

Comment

Scotty, I'm very glad that you are ok. It does look like most of it could be fixed and ridden again though. You are right those are some big boys almost as big as me.

Comment

Damn, Dom, you are to old to be pulling these CAPERS,but I am so thankful you were not hurt bad. But I am so disappointed that you injured your Kaw 1300. When I saw your original post and picture of your bike, I got excited about the possibility of you coming up through Alabama for a stop over to see me. Now, blast, you have messed it all up.

Of course, since you ask the question and ask for advice of what to do, then I will tell you. :roll:

Since you said the bike was running and seemed mechanically sound, and after looking at the pictures, I think you should get on the bike and just head north.

Especially since the bike now looks JUST LIKE YOU my friend. You and the bike will blend perfectly. 8O 8O :roll: :roll:

David

Comment

Originally posted by dgeorge
                            Scotty, I'm very glad that you are ok. It does look like most of it could be fixed and ridden again though. You are right those are some big boys almost as big as me.
                            you were too f
                            ar away to call

Comment

Sorry about the bike man.......glad you're OK!

Comment

Just read this post, i'm so glad you are ok Dom, the bike can always be repaired, take care my friend

Comment

Working...
                                X