Is this a sign I am riding too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a sign I am riding too much?

After multiple days of riding my bike, I was driving my truck, when the first motorcycle I passed, my left hand smashed in to my window trying to wave to the the guy on the bike. It made me laugh!

Originally posted by Willmrx View Post
    After multiple days of riding my bike, I was driving my truck, when the first motorcycle I passed, my left hand smashed in to my window trying to wave to the the guy on the bike. It made me laugh!
    This is how it SHOULD be done.

Comment

I've done that, I think it means you're riding enough. cause there's no such thing as too much.​ I also catch myself trying to wave a cool cars while I'm on the bike.
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
        ​ I also catch myself trying to wave a cool cars while I'm on the bike.
        I do the same and even try to talk to the driver at the stoplight if it is a really nice one
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          I do the same and even try to talk to the driver at the stoplight if it is a really nice one
          Unfortunately, when uttered from behind a full-face helmet, "Nice car, mate" can be heard as "Ice Argh Gate", or something possibly more threatening, as if you're having a go at him for him having cut you up in traffic. However, when the meaning and intent is clearly understood, I found that drivers of said cars actually quite appreciate it and suddenly become friendly.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Oh no! All those years I thought they were making rude gestures........ just smacking their hands off the glass. Hmmmm.
            Doesn't happen so much these days though...... they're ON THE PHONE.
            97 R1100R
            Previous
            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I find that if I've been riding regularly, that when changing lanes in the car, I check my mirror, then glance over my shoulder as I do on the bike.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

You are riding too much if you accelerate out of corners with a front-wheel drive car?

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  I find that if I've been riding regularly, that when changing lanes in the car, I check my mirror, then glance over my shoulder as I do on the bike.
                  I think most would agree that riding a bike makes you a much more aware driver.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Wouldn't you normally shoulder check when changing lanes, anyhow?

I know I've been riding too much when I try to put the kickstand down when I open the car door
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

The spot mirrors on my work van work very well. This is the vehicle I do 99 precent of my driving in so not always.
                      In the family car i do.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

You know your riding to much;
                        When you talk to your motorcycle, and it answers you.
                        When your head feels weird cause your helmet is off.
                        When you wear holes in the finger tips of your gloves.
                        When you buy more than a gallon of Rotella at a time.
                        When you ride 600 miles just to go riding with friends.
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Been riding too much recently Norm?
                          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I find myself waving at bikers all the time while driving my truck. What am I gonna do? It's too engrained in my subconscious.

Comment

Originally posted by Willmrx View Post
                              Is this a sign I am riding too much? After multiple days of riding my bike, I was driving my truck, ...
                              No, it's obviously a sign that you are not riding enough.

You were in your truck.

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                              X