Raced Against Another Suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raced Against Another Suzuki

Well, not so much raced, as tried to keep up. I was on my 79 GS1000, he was on an SV650. Went up Lookout Mountain from Windy Saddle to the Nature Center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s6SrHEHmI4

Great stretch of road but i would want to ride it on off-hours to avoid all the cyclists.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

LOL those SV's are light ,nimble and torquey. Much underestimated IMHO.

Comment

Look out mountain is awesome. I agree about the cyclists and they will ride in the road just to make their point with cars which is why I will not drive it or ride it in the day. I have always been afraid of hitting one of them. But man what a drive and a huge reason I miss living in Golden. Thank you for the video brother, I truly miss it

Comment

Originally posted by jeffgs View Post
          I agree about the cyclists and they will ride in the road just to make their point with cars which is why I will not drive it or ride it in the day.
          Mob mentality. I've seen that too.

Comment

Originally posted by crankshaft View Post
            Well, not so much raced, as tried to keep up. I was on my 79 GS1000, he was on an SV650. Went up Lookout Mountain from Windy Saddle to the Nature Center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s6SrHEHmI4
            Thanks.

One of the more interesting ride vidios.
            (made mine look boring.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Looks like a fun ride other that the 2 wheeled vehicles without motors........
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Multiple Replies

Speaking of bikes without motors...

When I owned my first bike (Gixxer750) I stopped by a bagel place and came upon 2 cyclists who looked at me after I took my full-face helmet off and said, "wrong bike!"

My response was quick and automatic, "it takes more skill to ride a motorcycle". Then I proceeded to walk past them to get my breakfast.

And as for the video, yes...SV650s are nimble, but I've seen guys handle big cc bikes with ease on twisties. I give those who can maneuver the twisties nothing but respect because I know it's gonna take many years to get to their level.

Ed

EDIT: I like the song by the Pretenders, Middle of the Road. It was relevant to riding in the middle because (Hello!), there cyclist on the outside.
                Last edited by GSXR7ED; 07-23-2015, 12:34 PM.
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Enjoy riding videos but ditch the music please, it takes away from the experience. No idea why everyone seems to bed their videos with bad tunes

Comment

Probably because the camera's only pick up annoying wind noise.

Comment

There's a volume control that fixes both...

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        There's a volume control that fixes both...
                        Mute button's good.
                        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Try a GoPro, they never pick up wind noise on any of my bikes.

Comment

Working...
                          X