Cop getting happy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cop getting happy...

The motorcycle cops here ride BMW's. I haven't seen one up close but they look pretty nice and BMW's are pretty cool. I was zipping down the main drag--too fast--when I saw two of them pull out behind me and accelerate hard with lights on. I got that nasty feeling in my chest for a moment but they raced by and entered the intersection in front of me. They were going against the lights and had to brake to make sure the car coming in the far lane of cross-traffic had seen them and stopped. By that time they were barely moving and once they were sure it was safe they took off like a shot--with one of them doing a beautiful wheelie! Hadn't seen that from a cop before. I suppose he'd get some criticism if it got caught on video but I liked it. Makes me want to ride one of their bikes.
    sigpic
    1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
    1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
    1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
    On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
    All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Did you see what model they were riding?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Just now got a good look. R1200RT.
      sigpic
      1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
      1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
      1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
      On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
      All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Highway Patrol here (OK) has BMWs. With a nice little spot for an AR-style rifle on the back. I was wondering how fast they were. I think they've got a couple of Hayabusas too. Don't have to wonder about those.

Comment

The Town of Warwick, NY cops had 2 BMWs too....they put em up for auction after the switched to Harleys a few yrs back....I couldda gotten one of them Beemers fer like 1500 I bet (they were 1200's)....theyre good guys too...they wave to me all the time when Im ridin....even though they know my bike aint 100%, lol....once per year, all the Orange County NY biker cops get together in my lil town, and go for a ride together....met a bunch of em....even though I dont go by the book, they RESPECT (statement from another thread) me because they know Im one of the "good guys"....

Damn....I wouldda loved to have gotten one of the Beemers....but it was at a time when Federal Soc Sec Disability fooked me (thanks Bush !!!!), because of my skin color and income, and 4 trillion being spent to "fight daddy's war"....and i wasnt old enough yet to collect my small pension....now I am....and started my own custom biz.....with the meager profits from that, I bought the GS700....to hopefully mod and flip....sadly, since almost winter, I wont see the profit until spring.....

I DO however make custom parts and accessories....if anyone needs....I also do custom paint.....(blatant self promotion)....but hay...Im desperate.....

Comment

Ehh no bmw for me, I don't like my rear wheels to fly off.

Comment

Pretty cool. I hate that feeling when the lights come on behind you, but it is nice when they zoom past you...

The Highway Patrol and SLC proper police here have switched from Harleys to the new BMW's too. They look really nice, hard to imagine one a cop getting his front wheel off the ground, at least intentionally!
              ----------------------------------------------------------------
              2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Working...
              X