Sunrise / Sunset Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

This one doesn't have my bike in it, but it's such and outstanding picture.
      sunset.jpg
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Had to meet my wife at my in-laws' place last night. Took advantage of the weather and brought the bike out. Finally joining in on the Sunset thread!

IMG_7958.jpg

Comment

Scooting around Campus today for we had POS initialization failures I had to address... Caught some awesome sights and a gorgeous fall sunrise.

Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Went early for Saturday morning breakfast, so could have something of a sunrise ride.

Stopped at a couple places were have a view to the east so could expect a sunrize view.

ANd then went through town, just to go by beach .... and surprized to see sunrise colors off to the west...

(and a lake freighter in view)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Looks like another freighter's stack over the horizon.
              Nice pic!
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                Looks like another freighter's stack over the horizon.
                Nice pic!
                about 2/3rd the way from freighter to the pier....? I think that is a seagull with wings spread at an angle.....

I framed pic so it does not include where I about got stuck and about lost it in the sand to get to that sidewalk.
                Nor did I include folks looking out the window of their camper/motorhomes at me at 7:40am wondering how some guy on motorcycle got in the campground.

Notice anything about the pier....?
                (compare to post 92)

( .... no catwalk now )

Last edited by Redman; 10-09-2016, 02:24 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Ooh, chilly campground that night huh?

No catwalk anymore??? How 'bout the dog walk, is that still available?
                  Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 10-09-2016, 05:12 PM.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

In low 40s at night recently.

Pier sturcture under renovation. Closed to walking till mid summer. CAtwalk removed.
                    Army Corps ENg stated was going to remove catwalk as no longer needed. Community group raised funds to have the catwalk moved inland, refrebrished and then put back after the pier work is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      In low 40s at night recently.

Pier sturcture under renovation. Closed to walking till mid summer. CAtwalk removed.
                      Army Corps ENg stated was going to remove catwalk as no longer needed. Community group raised funds to have the catwalk moved inland, refrebrished and then put back after the pier work is done.
                      Michigan City lighthouse has a similar raised catwalk, and maybe 20 years ago did the same thing. I read that on a plaque they have there.
                      Must have been miserable to sit out there on duty in winter, back in the olden days

Comment

Another Saturday morining ride to breakfast, before sunrize.
                        Stopped at a couple places looking for sunrize.
                        Heavy clouds and something of a purple sunrise.

Was guys fishing there. Scheesch, man, they must have gotten up early, to go stand along side of bayou under a bridge, just to go fishing, on a cold and threatning rain morning.

Another place.

Looking out over the river.

Was drizzle rainiy after breakfast.

Comment

20161031_182844.jpgTwo disclaimers: 1) this was not a ride.
                          2) it is a picture of a picture.
                          In 2001 when I bought this house I had to fix it up to even live in it. One night while I was working on it I went outside and witnessed probably the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen.
                          Sorry it has nothing to do with bikes but it is a sunset.
                          Alan

sigpic
                          Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
                          Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
                          Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
                          Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

Originally posted by AMK View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]48186[/ATTACH]Two disclaimers: 1) this was not a ride.
                            2) it is a picture of a picture.
                            In 2001 when I bought this house I had to fix it up to even live in it. One night while I was working on it I went outside and witnessed probably the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen.
                            Sorry it has nothing to do with bikes but it is a sunset.
                            Beautiful pic! I don't mind that your bike isn't in the pic. What say you, Glen? Thanks for sharing.

Ed
                            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 10-31-2016, 10:38 PM.
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Fine by me... i just revived Lurch's idea. I'm a keeper of no threads. Once a thread is posted, it belongs to the world...
                              My friend sent me this over the summer. He ocassionally razzes me with things like this.
                              20160702_203945.jpg
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

This deserves a larger format
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X