Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about the cager who thought he could take you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for posting the pic wrench, I dont reconize the skinny guy in the photo however.

Comment

Thats a great story Skip, I love it. :-) You are one sly ole dog. heh heh

Earl
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I know this is backwards but I sitting at a light in my stock 5.0 Mustang and a Hardly pulls up next to me. A few words were exchanges and the the light turned green. Well I went just fast enought stay in front of him. :twisted: This guy was *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed. :x

Comment

"Well I went just fast enought stay in front of him." ..............and then shifted into 2nd. :-) :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Wingingit
          I know this is backwards but I sitting at a light in my stock 5.0 Mustang and a Hardly pulls up next to me. A few words were exchanges and the the light turned green. Well I went just fast enought stay in front of him. :twisted: This guy was *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed. :x

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Racing

Years ago I decided to race a Honda NSX (car) against my GS G and I was out acelerating him until I heard "Bang"
            I managed to get home on 2 cylinders and completely twisted the crank and smashed 2 pistons..... wont be doing that again!

Comment

This morning while riding to work some ditz in a minivan decided she was going to pass me and cut in front. My 550 is no superbike but it can put down a minivan no problem. And it did!

The Housewife from Hell didn't give up easily though. She was determined to get in front. I had to hold 80mph for a mile or so (in a 45 zone) to keep her in her place. Fortunately, no cops today. She finally had to give up and get in behind me. hehehe.

Debby
              1979 GS1000N
              2019 Kaw Z900RS
              plus a few more

Comment

Originally posted by debby
                This morning while riding to work some ditz in a minivan decided she was going to pass me and cut in front. My 550 is no superbike but it can put down a minivan no problem. And it did!

The Housewife from Hell didn't give up easily though. She was determined to get in front. I had to hold 80mph for a mile or so (in a 45 zone) to keep her in her place. Fortunately, no cops today. She finally had to give up and get in behind me. hehehe.

Debby
                Keeping control of the environment around you debby, very proud of you

Comment

I was coming home from looking at apartments tonight on my 83 GS 750 and I was making a right turn onto a 4 lane road. The intersection had a lot of ripples in it where people make the turn so I went out around them and into the left lane since it was 2 lanes each way. I had noticed when I was rolling up to the light that there was a decked out honda civic behind me sporting the fart pipes, snow plow and fancy wiper blades. So I'm in 3rd gear when I take this turn at a reasonable cornering speed. I start to roll on expecting the civic to show up in my mirror but nope, he wants to dance. I could see him starting to pull ahead of me so I increased throttle and pulled even with him and continued to accelerate. I shifted into 4th at probably 5k rpms and I was ahead at that point. Then I realized I had to turn soon and backed off, He went flying past me. I think he waved at me or something.

Anyway, I don't consider this a real race at all. I don't know how hard he was trying but I wasn't really. I was in the wrong gears and not even that hard on the throttle. I surely hope he wasn't trying to hard.

Comment

Everyone needs to play a little now and then. A Civic is playing with a sitting duck if youre on an 1150. :-) I exceed their acceleraton on a normal leisurely bump through the gears. eh eh

Earl

Originally posted by joeadams
                    Anyway, I don't consider this a real race at all. I don't know how hard he was trying but I wasn't really. I was in the wrong gears and not even that hard on the throttle. I surely hope he wasn't trying to hard.

Comment

I forgot about this thread. Guess I should pay more attention.

I had 2 recently.

Comment

Civic junk

I had a Civic Desol, or what ever they call that crappy little 2 door wrong wheel drive thing, with the Red Baron's wings on the trunk and Nauws (nitrous) pull up next to my GS1100e at a light. I was not even paying him any mind and I hear that crappy noise of the engine reving followed by a burn out up to the line. Just to amuse myself I do my imitation of John Force to let him know I am willing to spank him proper. The light changes I roll with him as he punished his little car :roll: he shifted to second gear and does his best Vin Diesel and hits the nauws. I admit the car did pick up the pace more than I expected but not enough to worry about. I rolled up to his door and gave him a little wave thats the last I saw of that cage :twisted: so sad too bad. I bet he spent more on that wing that I did on my bike.

Comment

Re: Civic junk

I find it very difficult to race Civics with the 1150. I cant stop laughing long enough to think about what I'm doing. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by jimphoenix
                          I had a Civic Desol, or what ever they call that crappy little 2 door wrong wheel drive thing, with the Red Baron's wings on the trunk and Nauws (nitrous) pull up next to my GS1100e at a light. I was not even paying him any mind and I hear that crappy noise of the engine reving followed by a burn out up to the line. Just to amuse myself I do my imitation of John Force to let him know I am willing to spank him proper. The light changes I roll with him as he punished his little car :roll: he shifted to second gear and does his best Vin Diesel and hits the nauws. I admit the car did pick up the pace more than I expected but not enough to worry about. I rolled up to his door and gave him a little wave thats the last I saw of that cage :twisted: so sad too bad. I bet he spent more on that wing that I did on my bike.

Comment

Well the noise that car was making was irritating my bike. Not to mention I have R.A.S. (Rapid Acceleration Sickness) and stomping on anyones machine is good for a momentary cure, even a Hondaboy. But I don't limit myself to poor garish econoboxes with 10 second fantacies even the occasional exotic or musclecar gets treated to a spanking. So far my only loss has been to a bike and there is no shame in a newer steed rolling you off the line. But I am working on that too. I am going to take a Busa one of these days :twisted: and it will feel good. Just need more power I already dropped the weight my GS1100 weighed in at 447lbs now for the power. 1261 turbo RSI fuel injection and nitrous not Nauws or however it is pronounced. Expecting alot of power and praying for enough to terrorify myself just by looking at my bike.

Comment

today I hear this loud, seriously cammed motor and when I turn my head to look there is a beatiful 1970 chevelle with pro street tires ladderbars, wheelie bars and a blower comming out of the hood. We stop at a light about not far from my house,and he starts bringing the rpms up. The motor sounded mean and I thought nawww hes not gonna, is he? our light turns and im up on tank slipping the clutch and he is on it big time!!. Well I would love to say I kicked his a$$ but the truth is I had a weak launch,( it was the first ime I tried launching the zzr and I need a few more trys) he had a great launch and with the traffic in my lane as soon as I was along side him I had to back off. I never passed him . The race was not even 1/8 mile long but I was impressed with that chevelle. I have been dragracing on and off for 30 years and I know a fast car when I see one. this car was easily a low to mid ten second car . In a 1/4 I probably would have won, but in that short distance I didnt get it done

Comment

Way to admit it Skip. No ones gonna admit it but..how many of you have gotten your ass handed to you by a bike or car that you "Knew" you could take??

I got spanked on my 101 RWHp, 94 ftlbs trq, high 10 second, 83 Kat..BY A VW DUNE BUGGY...no joke...he lifted the front wheels on at least two of the shifts I was able to pay attention to. Then at the light (he was waiting for me at) I see the two turbos and skidder wheelie bars on the back of his engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X