Things I hate....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planecrazy;
    I happen to notice 24alaus' tagline indicates Toronto. Up here in the great white north, we don't have the same proliferation of handguns, so it's easy to get carried away and not think about that kind of consequence (that's not to say it can't happen, just less likely - don't get me started about our gun registry).

Unfortunately, taking his license number won't do much. I had a chat with a cop here the other day and he said there's pretty well not much they can do for a single incident.

Is anybody on the GSR a law enforcement official? Any input here? I often see the brit bike mags get letters from cops, it's interesting to see their side of the story too.

Comment

I noticed that too, Eddie, which is why I threw in the obvious addition of using one's car as a deadly weapon. Even people who might otherwise avoid confrontation might get a little bananas and do something stupid if they've just been threatened by a stranger on a motorcycle (regardless of whose fault the "incident" was). The protection of one's car can do some strange things to their sense of invincibility...

Regards,
      Steve 8)

Comment

Amen to the "car as weapon" theory. Sad but true.

A friend at work has just started her bike lessons, and already she feels it will help make her a better car driver.

Comment

Originally posted by fast eddie
          Planecrazy;
          I happen to notice 24alaus' tagline indicates Toronto. Up here in the great white north, we don't have the same proliferation of handguns, so it's easy to get carried away and not think about that kind of consequence (that's not to say it can't happen, just less likely - don't get me started about our gun registry).

Unfortunately, taking his license number won't do much. I had a chat with a cop here the other day and he said there's pretty well not much they can do for a single incident.

Is anybody on the GSR a law enforcement official? Any input here? I often see the brit bike mags get letters from cops, it's interesting to see their side of the story too.
          As a student of Law Enforcement, and from working with police officers at my former PD. I can say that unless someone comes in and signs a complaint, nary a damn thing will/can be done. Unless the officer witnesses it, all they have is the testimony of the citizen, and unless they have the 'time' to come in and sign the complaint. nothing will go on record.

Comment

Just tear off rear view mirror and hand it to him, then ask him if he knows how to use it.The cop that was 2 cars behind me at the light didnt do anything.(Didn't see him until I turned around to go back to my bike.OOOPS)

Comment

Scratched face shields.

Patches of leaked fluids at the apex...smack-dab in the middle of 'The Line.'

Dead batteries.

Old, carmelized gasoline, with the volatility of waterlogged kerosene.

Forgetting to add Sta-Bil to gas before storage...again.

Mysterious, inexplicable electrical gremlins.

The New York Yankees.

Shagged, torched tires that I'm too damned cheap to replace - even though I know better...

I Hate That.

Ted

Comment

Things I hate:

3. People interupting me while I talk.

2. Undercooked home fried potatos.

1. Michael Jackson. Please lock him up forever.
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I remember my brother (84 maxim 700) telling me about some ...... driving a big ass SUV, tailgating him in the city real....I mean real close, for a long time. After cutting him off, and giving him a glare (some people really let money get to their heads) as if he should have been tailgating the person in front of him. Coming up beside the guy at teh stop, the driver repeats the glare with attitude, looking for some verbal confrontation, which he got... and he lost is left rear-view. maybe bad in retrospect, because he wont see the biker until its fixed , but he also wont be tailgating the next biker hes behind.... :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
                    Things I hate:

3. People interupting me while I talk.
                    Gee ... I hate people who talk while I'm interrupting!!

Steve 8)

Comment

Working...
                    X