Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bicycling from CA. to MI. to pick up my 1982' GS450T then drive it back to CA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grcamna2 View Post
    I replaced the regulator with the spare that I received from 'Mista M' back in Detroit,it's running well now.
    The Wifi connections I had at state rest areas have been without data so I couldn't get onto the forum and update,I had text and telephone though.I just woke up at the first state rest area in Utah going West on 80,the area is called Echo.
    I'm getting back on the road again now

Way to go Bill!
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
      Thanks Charlie G,I look forward to meeting you.

Comment

We're all cheering for you Bill. Even up here in the frozen wastelands of the north where seals are scared.......
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          We're all cheering for you Bill. Even up here in the frozen wastelands of the north where seals are scared.......
          Thanks bccap,
          I'm at the salt flats getting ready to leave because the rest room doors are locked! To all of us. I need to get more rest,the winds have been fighting me for a number of states.

Comment

I think I jinxed you asking about the r/r. Glad it got you back on the road.
            1984 GS550ES
            Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
            4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

Good to hear you resolved your problems.
              Had spare R/R (thanks to GSR member) in addition the replacment one.
              How much down time was that....?

Sounds like making progress fairly well.

Go GO Go. But do stop for rests. If get too tired is then too difficult to recover.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Mista M View Post
                I think I jinxed you asking about the r/r. Glad it got you back on the road.
                That oversize r/r is performing real good Matt,sure glad I was carrying it on the trailer in a box along with a few other parts I bought from Dan. I lost power to the battery right in front of the Legion hall (American Legion)in Rock Springs,Wyoming at 10:30 pm Thursday evening.
                I camped-out on their property and in the morning the maintenance guy drove me from place to place in that city,nobody had anything or cared I was stranded,even a few dealerships.
                Thanks again Matt !

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Good to hear you resolved your problems.
                  Had spare R/R (thanks to GSR member) in addition the replacment one.
                  How much down time was that....?

Sounds like making progress fairly well.

Go GO Go. But do stop for rests. If get too tired is then too difficult to recover.
                  Dave,it was 24hrs. extra time.
                  The other thing is the drive chain,it's Toast!
                  I'm lubing the crap out of it every chance I get and hoping for the best. I will put an o-ring 530 chain on it next. I have a new oem Suzuki front C/S sprocket with me now and sent a new rear from Ebay back to my apartment which is waiting for me. I waited until sundown yesterday to ride any further as my face is real burned,riding West into the sun,I'm at a McDonald's in West Wendover,NV. Waiting to drive in the cool of the evening ! I will get back for my Monday appointment at the dentist.
                  Last edited by grcamna2; 06-23-2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Here are some pics Bill sent.

THis he sent last night saying the picture was in Lyman Wyoming at a rest area

THis he sent this afternoon. Siad was at "the salt flats on way to NV".

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Bill sent me some more pictures, about 2 hours ago today (Sunday).

All he said was "Roadside service at an o'rieleys in Elko NV."
                      Did not say anything about the nature of the "service".

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        Bill sent me some more pictures, about 2 hours ago today (Sunday).

All he said was "Roadside service at an o'rieleys in Elko NV."
                        Did not say anything about the nature of the "service".

I wanted to smooth-out how the bike was running,it felt a lot less powerful.I checked all the standard stuff:carb slides for holes in the diaphragms, clogged fuel filter, rust in the carburetor Jets,etc.
                        I found a pair of cracked plug caps(Duhhh !!!)Man, that's usually the first thing I replace��a along with the plugs.. I screwed up on that AND not replacing the drive chain.
                        There are no motorcycle parts to be had here in Elko on Sunday.I may have located 2 used ones after looking all day. I am determined to make it back on Monday for my dental appointment at noontime so I will drive through the night and make it.
                        Thank you very much Dave for posting these pics,I appreciate it. I'm going to learn how to post pics from my smart phone when I get back.
                        Last edited by grcamna2; 06-24-2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grcamna2 View Post
                          I found a pair of cracked plug caps(Duhhh !!!)Man, that's usually the first thing I replace��a along with the plugs.

There are no motorcycle parts to be had here in Elko on Sunday.I may have located 2 used ones after looking all day.
                          Just get a pair of used or new plug wires, remove the boots and end connectors from them and re-crimp them in place of your old plug caps. Easy peasy. 30 minutes and you are back on the road.
                          De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                            Just get a pair of used or new plug wires, remove the boots and end connectors from them and re-crimp them in place of your old plug caps. Easy peasy. 30 minutes and you are back on the road.
                            Dale,
                            Do you mean automobile plug wires?

I found a pair of nice plug caps that a guy gave to me, but it took me all day to track down someone who cared enough to 'Go the Distance' !, they came off of a separate pair of burned up pressure washers,they had Honda engines in them,5K.i'm back on the road tonight at 10 p.m. ! ! Pacific time and going to ride all the way,keep going with cups of coffee to make my dental appointment tomorrow.
                            Last edited by grcamna2; 06-25-2018, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Yes sir, automotive plug wires.

The 5K plug caps that are on the bike are just there for electrostatic noise suppression. It would be no different than replacing the little resistor inside the caps with a piece of brass rod.
                              De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I need to get from Lovelock,NV. to Reno to get a new drivechain,does anyone live out this way?

Comment

Working...
                                X