Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bicycling from CA. to MI. to pick up my 1982' GS450T then drive it back to CA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grcamna2 View Post
    Getting down to the wire and I still haven't found the fuel tank grommets that Dan(the man who sold the bike to me)lost in his packed garage.. They are the same as GS550E all the way on up to 1100E. I will probably have to wrap something into there until I get to CA,then get some online
    If you can find some automotive shock rubber bushings at an autoparts store (usually in the "HELP" packages), they will work but you may have to trim them down a little (I had to use one when one of mine "ran away" when I removed my tank and still never found that lil booger).
    1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
      If you can find some automotive shock rubber bushings at an autoparts store (usually in the "HELP" packages), they will work but you may have to trim them down a little (I had to use one when one of mine "ran away" when I removed my tank and still never found that lil booger).
      I understand, the main problem is that I don't have the tools needed to cut a large bushing(found one)down. I really need one front one part 09329-10007 and two 09320-14013. I would rather not wait to order them online because this is a strange situation and I Really want to get on the road..

Comment

seems you could source a razor blade?
        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

I understand, the main problem is that I don't have the tools needed to cut a large bushing(found one)down. I really need one front one part 09329-10007 and two 09320-14013. I would rather not wait to order them online because this is a strange situation and I Really want to get on the road..
          They come in various diameters and one might fit without trimming. But you should be able to borrow a pocket knife if needed, or buy a pocket knife as everyone should probably carry one anyhow.
          1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

A rotary dremel tool with a steel bit would work,does anyone local to me have one ?
            The bushing I found is much larger
            The correct part would be a LOT easier to do..
            Last edited by grcamna2; 06-04-2018, 05:55 PM.

Comment

..................... fuel tank grommets that.....lost in his packed garage.. .e
              .........................................I really need one front one part 09329-10007 and two 09320-14013. .......
              Yah, those front rubber bumper things: when remove the tank they can stay there on that post on the frame, then later fall off when you are not looking and roll and hide somewhere.

THe other two, on the rear, do you need only the rubber part #13....? or also that other rubber part #12 and maybe the collar #14. When I have had things apart, it seems that it is part #12 that can stay on the frame and ten roll away later. So I pick up all the parts and set them aside all together, then can loose all of them har har har.
              Other note: there are two sets of these on the 82 450T, right? I know there are on other 82 and after (different than prior to 82).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Yah, those front rubber bumper things: when remove the tank they can stay there on that post on the frame, then later fall off when you are not looking and roll and hide somewhere.

THe other two, on the rear, do you need only the rubber part #13....? or also that other rubber part #12 and maybe the collar #14. When I have had things apart, it seems that it is part #12 that can stay on the frame and ten roll away later. So I pick up all the parts and set them aside all together, then can loose all of them har har har.
                Other note: there are two sets of these on the 82 450T, right? I know there are on other 82 and after (different than prior to 82).

I need the two rear ones reference number 13 on the diagram and one number 10 for the front.
                I really need to be on the road by June 7th
                Last edited by grcamna2; 06-04-2018, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Could possibly make some with some flip flips that cost a dollar at the dollar store. That would be easy to cut I would think and probably close to the right thickness.

Comment

there is a real decent used bike parts/salvage place in down town Mt Clemens that would have most of these missing bits relatively near bye

Comment

Originally posted by smilinbrad View Post
                      there is a real decent used bike parts/salvage place in down town Mt Clemens that would have most of these missing bits relatively near bye
                      I need to wait for a carburetor T so leaving is postponed

Comment

That sucks... Knew how much you are looking forward to leaving.
                        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by smilinbrad View Post
                          I believe the place you are talking about is Michigan Motorcycle on southbound Gratiot. Bill (grcamna2) and I were there yesterday. Hard place to find - by the way. I believe the counter person told Bill that they throw away those things.
                          85 1150E

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                            That sucks... Knew how much you are looking forward to leaving.
                            That's for sure.. I need the part.

Comment

OK,
                              I just made a small parts order from Babbits Online and made sure to order what I need for the carburetor plus the fuel tank cushions.
                              I just hope I am able to make it through another week in this present situation..
                              I hope to pull out and be on the road Wednesday

Comment

I need to wait for a carburetor T ...............
                                OK,
                                I just made a small parts order from Babbits Online and made sure to order what I need for the carburetor plus the fuel tank cushions.
                                "Just..." ....? As in "just now", last night or this morning....?
                                Babbitts has to get the parts from zuki warehouse, just like everyplace else. I dont know if they (Babbitts) order parts every day, or 3 days a week or twice a week or what. Then they have to receive the parts, sort them, and send onto customers. I suspect you may be disappointed if expecting to receive in 7 days. But maybe you know more specifically from having received some estimated delivery time or something.

>>Other Note: I dont know about the carb Tee for your 450, but some of them have o-rings too.
                                Last edited by Redman; 06-06-2018, 02:20 PM. Reason: Other note.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X