Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bicycling from CA. to MI. to pick up my 1982' GS450T then drive it back to CA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grcamna2 View Post
    Hello Mista M, Did you find the helmet ?
    Thank you very much for the helmet Matt !

Comment

Thank you very much for the helmet Matt !
      Cool!
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

This journey is mainly about 'breaking the boredom' ,meeting new people and enjoying being on the road again. I need adventure,being robbed in Nevada was no picnic., but I got through that. I'll post pictures of the bicycle I began the trip with and the GS450T & trailer with the help of member 'redman' before I leave soon.

Comment

This journey is mainly about 'breaking the boredom' ,meeting new people and enjoying being on the road again. I need adventure,being robbed in Nevada was no picnic., but I got through that. I'll post pictures of the bicycle I began the trip with and the GS450T & trailer with the help of member 'redman' before I leave soon.
          Look forward to the pictures. Have you planned you route west yet? If I'm in town, you've got a place for the night here in far far NorCal.
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
            Look forward to the pictures. Have you planned you route west yet? If I'm in town, you've got a place for the night here in far far NorCal.
            Thanks
            Because of pulling the trailer with the 450 and how strange that may look to some officers, etc.. I plan to stick to I80 the whole way and exit from there when needed.

Comment

Bike and trailer might look something like this.

40 045.jpg

V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

With the exception being the trailer is a folding Harbor Freight 4x8.
                De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                  With the exception being the trailer is a folding Harbor Freight 4x8.
                  the trailer I have just 'looks' bigger..
                  Last edited by grcamna2; 06-11-2018, 05:35 PM.

Comment

That is pretty big for a 450 to drag around, especially up hill.

v
                    Gustov
                    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                    81 GS 1000 G
                    79 GS 850 G
                    81 GS 850 L
                    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                    80 GS 550 L
                    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                    2002 Honda 919
                    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I believe he's aware of most of the pitfalls involved in towing the bike and trailer behind that 450.

I tried to make the hitch as rigid as I could in order to minimize any possible sway. The only additional thing I would suggest he do that I haven't mentioned thus far is that he considers lying the CB125 on it's side drained of all possible fluids. That would reduce CG and possible swaying effects.

Last edited by rustybronco; 06-11-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                        That is pretty big for a 450 to drag around, especially up hill.

v
                        The trailer weighs exactly 260 lbs and the CB125s is 200lbs.

Comment

I believe he's aware of most of the pitfalls involved in towing the bike and trailer behind that 450.

I tried to make the hitch as rigid as I could in order to minimize any possible sway. The only additional thing I would suggest he do that I haven't mentioned thus far is that he considers lying the CB125 on it's side drained of all possible fluids. That would reduce CG and possible swaying effects.

I will see how I can do that Dale, thank you

Comment

Have you fitted the seat?

Comment

Have you fitted the seat?
                              Yes,
                              I took it back off for just now, it fits.
                              I'll get some pictures sent to 'redman' shortly.
                              Last edited by grcamna2; 06-11-2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

I'll get some pictures sent to 'redman' shortly.
                                Bill, Today or tommorow morning please. (Will not be available for a few days after that.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X