Suzuki Dealer I have known for 50+ years is closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki Dealer I have known for 50+ years is closing

Yesterday, after hitting Donut Derilicts on my '81 1000G, I ran a couple errands and rode over to Southland Cycles in Garden Grove. I remember them from the mid 60s when I used to live near the place. My brother's X6 came from there. Two of his friends bought Titans in high school. 5 or 6 years ago, my 1000G broke a clutch cable, on a return from Derelicts. Southland had it in stock, and I installed it in their parking lot. I bought several nice pairs of deerskin gloves there, as gifts, and for myself. They were putting street wheels and brakes on DR400s and 600s years before Suzuki started putting them on 400s. They were a pretty good shop. Small though. Still 60s size, and single brand only.

Parts stock is sold.

On the way, I wanted to see what I could find in high pressure fast rolling 26" bicycle tires. The Performance Bike shop was closed, permanently. I never liked them as much as I liked Supergo, which had been in the same building until Performance bought them. Supergo's Weighless house brand was way better than Performance house brand, Topeak.
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Working...
X