3. GT380.
    4. GS550.
    5. GS1000.
    6. GS850.
    7. Another GS850.
    8. Another GS550 (Dineke rides it now).
    9. Another GT380.

Comment

Seems for as long as I have been riding I have not owned enough motorcycles. I guess living on an EMT salary for most of my life and with kids and a wife to keep happy, I have sacrificed too much of my love for two wheeled machinery.
      in order of purchase:
      1966 Wards Riverside 50cc two stroke 1st motorcycle (Benelli built Italian crap, totally forgettable)
      1967 Wards Riverside 125cc two stroke single (another Benelli milestone but it actually had some power)
      1969 Yamaha 180cc two stroke twin Street Scrambler - bad ass little bike. Wish I still had it.
      1982 Honda CM200T (hey I was getting back into it after some years of forced abstinence) Still got that one.
      1998 79 GS1000, given to me by a friend. Put enough money into it to buy a couple of bikes. Can you say love?? So far invested $3400.
      2001 2000 model ZRX1000 Kawasaki, baddest bike for the money IMHO. Nearly stock (but who can keep them stock, eh?

Comment

Mine
        1980 CB750F
        1990 FJ1200A
        1998 GSF1200S
        1981 GS1000GLX
        2001 FZ1000S
        1978 CB750Four

Hers
        1985 VT500FT
        1997 GSF1200S

My all around favorite is the GSF1200S Bandit. To me it is the pinnacle of the Suzuki GS's.

Comment

bikes

no particular order and this is only bikes over 500cc(i've had 20-30 under 500cc)

1981 xs650 yamaha
          1984 gpz550 kawasaki
          1983 750 shadow
          1986 v-65 1100 magna
          1976 kz900 kawasaki
          1978 kz650
          1986 gs700es
          1991 zx-11
          1996 zx-6r
          1986 vfr 1000 honda
          1983 gs1100e (current)
          1979 gs750e (mine next week)
          1985 500 honda intercepter
          1976 1000 goldwing (before they became a closet on wheels)
          i'm sure i'm missing some. by the way i'm 27 so all of these havebeen in the last ten years.....

over all if i could have one back and i could only have one bike it would have to be the zx-11 fast,good handling, comfortable, smooth enough for 1000+ mile days,, great bike

Comment

Just one....My 83 GS850G. Maybe at some point I'll add a GS1100 or 1150.

Comment

The line-up

1- Late sixties Honda step-thru 90 auto trans, Broke the clutch hub off the 'output' shaft, a clean spire point of the shaft.
              2-1976 Suzuki GT-500 original condition, red,not running traded some stereo equipment for it, handmade an ignitor box for it, seized up broke it free & immediately traded it for.....
              3- 1972 Kawasaki 3 cyl. 750...actually a H1 frame with a H2 motor in it.
              traded the good tires off the GT500, never did get the tranny to work right ,rounded off dogs in the trans, filed the dogs several times to work, shimmed & reshimmed perhaps 5 times, Engine in & out as many times, worked a deal to trade for a 1970 Torino with a 429 fell thru & promptly stolen.
              4-79 GS1000, ran great several tires, chain sprocket combos,headlight update, sprang a leak in the gastank(rust-thru) promptly nailed by a car parked on a busy street...then stolen.
              1996--------2002
              5-84 GS1150, rebuilt this poor abandoned dragstrip veteren to its former glory---current
              6-80 GS850L? shaftie...(wifes machine) really a butch hack thrown together thing...wife thought it pretty with the white powdercoat wheels, never did run right from day one.....now a parts machine--current
              7- 1979 GS1000E, another project for the 'down' time...did good on the 1150, very familiar machine,to be finished for summer 05

Comment

bikes owned

My first was polish Falcon 1000 from 1933 - mostly Indian copy with HD type front end, clutch was operated by my left leg, gear change on the tank. After 3 years of riding and restoring to oryginal I sold it ( for 10 x my buying price ) to buy my second:
                Russian K 750 with BMW R75 tuned engine and AJS front end.
                Used and tinkered on it another 3 years, but in the meantime owned:
                3. Rudge 500 Special in some BSA frame, never on the road and sold,
                4. Zundapp KS750 ( german army bike with a sidecar 2WD, differential lock, strasse und gelande transmission, hydraulic brakes ) restored and sold - I would love to keep this one.
                5. BMW R75 ( as above ) restored and sold
                6. 72 Honda CB350 my first `modern` bike used for 2 years and in the meantime:
                7. 33 Ariel 4F 600 Square Four - I bought it mechanically restored and used it for 3 years trying to restore it visually to original cond, finally sold.
                8. 37 Brough Superior SS100 ( model with Matchless engine ) mechanically intact and in good condition, unfortunatly without oryginal tank and front end - sold after a year of use. The cost of restoration was to high for me to bear, but this is the bike I would love to keep.
                9. 69 Honda CB 750 was a next `modern` bike in my stable.
                10. 7? BMW R75/5 was my last bike in Poland.

After relocating to Canada )) I just used old jap iron:
                11. 82 Kawi 1100 Spectre,
                12. 81 Suzuki GS 750 ( I liked this one)
                13. 82 Honda VF 750 Sabre,
                14. 84 Honda VF 1100 Sabre,
                15. 84 Suzuki GS 1150 EF, modded - GSXR front end, brakes and wheels for 4 years now and looks like a keeper.
                After my house is paid off - Zundapp KS 750 is coming back to my garage.

Adam M.

Comment

I have only owned a few probably due to my late start...

'80 Yamaha GT80 - dirtbike, part ownship with my mother who thought I
                  would never come up with my half of the money. Bought it during first of
                  summer in grade 7. Sold before going away to college.

'82 Yamaha XJ650 turbo - I thought it was the baddest bike in the
                  shop during high school. Bought one in 1988 after finishing college
                  and starting my "career". Sold before getting married.

'85 Suzuki GS1150ef - another "baddest bike". Saw these bikes on many
                  of my tours on the '82 Yamaha and thought it would be a great "step up"
                  from the 650. Bought one in spring of 2004 apon my return to the
                  two-wheeled world after 12+ years away.

SC

Comment

Well I have been at this a little over a year and have amassed a collection, most of which did not run or were troubled in some for or another.. Ready? here we go

1. 1982 Honda CM200t Twinstar ; Restored to good mechanical and visual condition for wifes B- day.Fun little bike that I later found was a collector, Hey SCOTTY hold onto yours its worth it..It was sold ( ) so the wife could get new bike.

2. 1981 Suzuki GS1100gl ; Did not run had been sitting in a buddies back yard for quite some time, not a whole lot left when I got it. Stole good parts off and sold the rest

3. 1982 Suzuki GS1100gl ; It too did not run when I got it, was a parts bike that I bought off ebay that was basically an engine and rolling chassis but in great shape. I took parts off of bike 2 and this one to make a great bike that after some great frustration with (what turned out later to be a float) carbs I sold it .Probably should have kept it but oh well..

4. 1997 Kawasaki Ninja 250 ; This is the one the wife bought for a mothers day gift, A GREAT beginner and a blast to ride, low on power but man you can literally throw it around! This to got sold at a later date due to upgrade.

5. 1999 Kawasaki Ninja 250 bought in a package deal with a newer version to replace, rather add to the upgrade. OK long story there. It had been blown up(head gasket) during breakin and driven that way for another 4200 miles,left outside to die then sold to me with the next bike...

6. 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250 See above. This one had about 250 mi on her until the owner had it parked at the DMV and it was backed into an run over. Only damaged plastics and bent up Exhaust but totaled nonetheless.. Enter me put 2 together and made a great bruiser looked good tooo..... This too was later sold due to not being ridden

7. 1985 Honda VF500 Interceptor : This one was never intended to be bought . I went to pick up the other GS and this was there another parts issue but I saw potential.....See next post

8. 1985 Honda VF500 Interceptor : Hmm I got bit on this one. It was originally intened to replace the previous VF but didnt work out that way. It was found on YAhoo and came with a jacket the was a perfect match and fit.Anywho when I got there I rode it (was already warmed up should have known better) and all seemed fine...Well after a few issues after returning home. I decided that there was definitely something wrong out come the tools. Bent forks, one wheel, a WHOLE lot of metallic flake in the carbs and an endless assortment of gremlins that seemingly came from nowhere and I was beat, for the fist time I didnt win, She got sold along with her sister to a honda mechanic shortly after finding my next ride ( which has been the most fun to date) He spent a few weeks with her and after swapping and buying hard to get parts shes spinning like a top...

9. 1998 Yamaha YZF 600r ; What has to be one of the best entry-mid level bikes on the market, underated too... Lots of power lots of comfort for those long rides and excellent handling for those track days.. Truly a blast to own and drive... Howeever buyer beware inspect trannys as they are the week link( 2nd gear dogs resulting in rplacement of gears 2/6 and consequent complete engine teardown approx 1500$ ), if well taken care of and not abused unlikely to have issues but a shift kit is available from Pro-Yam 1, for $40 - 80 depending on model, that almost elliminates any issues at all.... On a scale 1-10 I give it a steady 8.9 would be a bit higher if not for the tranny! The story behind this one is long, I rode it for a while and the wife liked the looks, She went away juat prior to her b-day
                    and I went to work. Lowered it 1.75 inches in the front and 2 in the rear(still kept the rake using a modded R-6 shock) and cleaned her up good.Gave it to her as a b-day gift. One month later riding to work she was hit( backed into by a lady in a Bronco at a red light) The lady said she couldnt see her and thought she was poking into the intersection so she backed up, the wife layed on the horn(which the lady did not hear as her phone was to her ear) and brace for the hit. Well a cracked upper bent forks,front brace, bound tranny,wife was in gear as the light was cycling, and a few others totallying more than $ 6800 in damage and the bike was a loss.RIP.. The wife has not ridden since.......Well I think its more due to the fact shes waiting on her Busa..lol

10. 1985 Honda Shadow 750 : Well I bought this one due to being confused as to whether or not I wanted a cruiser or a sport, wel the sport
                    Won.....Good torque but parts are a rare and expensive as this was one of 2 years that they used this particular engine....Dont reccomend very uncomfortable and needy.

11. 1985 GS1150 ; This is a bike I had wanted since the 1100s, I found it not realizing what I was going to get into, as Earl hes been a GREAT help.
                    The bike is not currently running as a matter of fact its only been ridden about 5 miles since I bought it. Its now partially in my shed and partially in my workshop as I search for a good used crank......Oh well this ones a keeper however as the wife and I have bonded through starter gears/clutches,welders and gobs of JB Weld, I dont think it will ever go anywhere.....Now wheres that BUSA?????lol

Comment

1. 1977 GS750 - Bought it just 3 months ago, my first and only bike so far. I had my mind set on an 83 Nighthawk 750, but then I stumbled upon the GS for $600 with only 11,000 miles on it. It just needed a new battery and condensers and it has been running great since!

Comment

bikes

Including the ones that I bought for the cycle salvage bussiness about 800, give or take a hundred or two over 6 year period. of my own to keep about 23.

Comment

Some of these lists are very impressive. Which I had the funds $$$$.

1. '76 Kawasaki 250 Enduro (Ton o fun on this thing. Rode the trails and kept up with buddies on dirt bikes. This thing was heavy for dirt, but it was a tank. )

2. '85 Honda Nighthawk. Sweet bike. Bought it slightly used but in Mint condition. Loved this bike. Had it for about 8 or 9 years and got what I paid for it. Gotta love that.

3. '83 Suzuki GS 750 ED. Rough going, but she's running great now. Now I got some cosmetics to work on (Right Earl?). This will be a working project. I can't seem to stop riding it so I can work on it.

I've only been riding for about 15 years, so at this rate my list will remain low. At least til the kids grow up and fly the coop.

Comment

probably forgot some, too....

1962 honda 50
                            1971 yamaha 175
                            1974 cz175
                            1972 suzuki 250 twin
                            1974 honda 360 chopper
                            1978 yamaha 650 twin
                            1982 yamaha 650 four maxim
                            1980 suzuki gs850 (two of them)
                            1979 suzuki gs1000
                            1999 suzuki katana 600
                            1985 honda ascot 500 twin
                            1985 kawasaki eliminator 900

Comment

Let's see, I'll include the dirt since some others are:

Dirt

1 77 Honda XR75
                              2 76 Honda MR175
                              2 78 Honda CR125M
                              3 78 Can Am 250 MX4
                              4 76 Yamaha TY175
                              5 82 Yamaha YZ490
                              6 86 Kawasaki KX250

Favorite...Toss up YZ490 and the TY175, Least Liked CR125M (maybe it was the hospital visits from that one).

Street

1 74 Honda XL350
                              2 79 Honda CM400
                              3 85 GS550E (still have it, bought it 6 months old)
                              4 74 (I think) Yamaha RD250 (purchased for $15 dollars and rode it the same day...Yahoo what a deal!)
                              5 85 Yamaha FJ1100
                              6 82 Honda CB450 Nighthawk ($120 and rode it the first night, bought it this fall for my wife to learn on)

Favorite: easy GS550E, least liked...CM400, everyone called it the Purple Rain bike (loked like the Prince album cover...blech!).

Not too many for 28 years...Currently only own the 3, FJ, GS and Nighthawk.

Kenny

Comment

five toal

The frist bike I had was honda CB 125s Then a Honda CM200T, CM 400T, Suzuki GS 750T And now a 2001 Suzuki GSF 1200 BANDIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X