No announcement yet.

How many miles on your GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my GS550E a bit over a year ago with 5000 original miles. The original owner crashed another one of his bikes soon after getting the GS, and it sat for most of its life. The guy I bought it from was the second owner. He bought it for his son. Then mom said "no motorcycles." I snagged it for less than it would've cost to fix up my GS650L.

It sits in my garage with a little over 10,000 miles on it. A 24 year old bike, with its mileage doubled in a year. I flipped the actual 10k mark while banging apexes through a rotary (roundabout, whatever people who aren't from New England call them) at a "spirited" pace. 8)

Comment

The worst thing for a bike is to sit up and not be used. 25,000 miles after buying my 1150 from David Price, it runs better than ever.

Earl

Originally posted by Zook

It sits in my garage with a little over 10,000 miles on it. A 24 year old bike, with its mileage doubled in a year. I flipped the actual 10k mark while banging apexes through a rotary (roundabout, whatever people who aren't from New England call them) at a "spirited" pace. 8)
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Absolutely. The carbs needed a serious cleaning, and all the fluids - especially the gas - were changed when I got the bike. It's run like a top ever since I began maintaining it properly - by riding it, of course.

Comment

I put 76,000 on my '79 GS850 and Just HAD to upgrade to an '80 GS1100E, put about 10K on it before I decided to tear it down and while apart picked up my brothers GS1100GL and have about 2K on it! (I still need to put the 1100E back together again)!!
          Just Keep riding!

Comment

Originally posted by doleg
            I put 76,000 on my '79 GS850 and Just HAD to upgrade to an '80 GS1100E, put about 10K on it before I decided to tear it down and while apart picked up my brothers GS1100GL and have about 2K on it! (I still need to put the 1100E back together again)!!
            Just Keep riding!
            Sounds like we should get some good comparisons of the shaft vs. chain. We like to argue about which is better. CHAINS RULE!! :P

Brad tt

Comment

Sounds like we should get some good comparisons of the shaft vs. chain. We like to argue about which is better. CHAINS RULE!!
              I knew you were a smart guy!
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Re: How many miles on your GS

Originally posted by Dlancer
                I was just reading feelerguagephil's thread (On Patrol). He said he stopped a guy on a GS 850 that has 120,000 miles on it. It got me to thinking how many miles other members have on theres. My 1980 GS 1000L has 26,625 miles and it still looks and runs like new.
                GS1000GT 80,200 miles, GS550MZ 19,000 miles,GS850GLT 24,500 miles , SP250Z 9,000 miles, and last but not least my token Honda 350 9,000 miles, OH! 13,000 on my first 850 I sold to get the 1000.

Comment

Milage

My '79 850 has 39,500 miles on it. I've had it for the last 8 months of its life and so far I've put on about 5 miles total, no miles on all cylinders. I wonder how much I'll spend before I find out if its worth messing with.

Comment

83 GS850G 23000

Comment

89K on my GK

Comment

I'll roll 27k on the 750 tomorrow or Wednesday. At this rate, it'll be close to 45k by the end of the year though.

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
                          My '79 GS1000E has 125,000. All under my butt.
                          Boy that must be some big butt.

Comment

gs400l

my 81 had 5000 kilometers on it when I purchased it two years ago. I can't remember what it is at now, not alot cause its used mainly for city riding.

Comment

Mine has 29K on it and 7.5 miles of that is mine, all mine! It statored park on the patio for few a months

Comment

Originally posted by mdole
                                Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
                                My '79 GS1000E has 125,000. All under my butt.
                                Boy that must be some big butt.
                                Hey now!
                                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                                X