I had a crash...a big one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
    Just read this today. Really makes us all stop and think about our own mortality. I am very glad you are going to be ok after some healing up. Sorry this happened to you. Get well and get back on when you can!
    Thank you my friend, I appreciate your post.

I'm going to the hospital this morning for another hip xray to see where we are at as far as me being able to put weight on that leg...it's been tough getting around on crutches with the ribs and collar bone. I hope it's good news.
    No signature

Comment

A little update...another hip xray yesterday and the surgeon is happy with the way the bones are healing and with the screws positions...
      So I can put some weight on the right foot now but he still wants me using crutches for another 4 weeks until at that time I get another xray.
      I asked him about doing rehab and he said "You can do it if you want"....wth? the rehab people tell me that they are frustrated with Surgeons as they don't push rehab like plastic surgeons do....so I went and signed up for rehab....and I have since found out that I should have been doing leg exercises as far back as when I was in the hospital.
      Oh and my lawyer and I went through the hospital reports (100 pages) and I was wrong about it being 14 ribs...turns out it's 17! Lol
      No signature

Comment

Trevor,

thank you for the update. You sure have been through some healing process and able to come on here and tell us what's going on...

that plus, you're still feisty in the Vortex. You sure know how to maintain a balance in life!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Sounds like you are on the mend...(slowly)....so that's good.

Good call on the PT...
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

PT is a powerful process, but DAMN, is it painful.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              ...I was wrong about it being 14 ribs...turns out it's 17! Lol
              Good thing you have spares.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                PT is a powerful process, but DAMN, is it painful.
                Yeah I have never done it...I hear it can be painful...I'm going to a real fancy rehab place..lol insurance is paying so why not get the best! To be honest I'm looking forward to being pushed...I miss going to my trainer for that reason. I feel like a lazy slob right now...lol I\m eating a lot of ice cream....
                No signature

Comment

Yeah I have never done it...I hear it can be painful...I'm going to a real fancy rehab place..lol insurance is paying so why not get the best! To be honest I'm looking forward to being pushed...I miss going to my trainer for that reason. I feel like a lazy slob right now...lol I\m eating a lot of ice cream....
                  Take me with you when you get back to your trainer... I have ten pounds of ugly Covid weight to get rid of.

So I succumbed and bought a new Katana (not Action's, shh! Don't tell them!) and I can say from first-hand experience that Suzuki cured the poor fuelling issues that the GSX-S1000 had. This tells me that if you pulled the trigger on the GSX-S, it would likely be an easy fix if yours was snatchy.

Speaking of my new Katana, how about that handlebar? Lol!
                  2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                  2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                    Take me with you when you get back to your trainer... I have ten pounds of ugly Covid weight to get rid of.

So I succumbed and bought a new Katana (not Action's, shh! Don't tell them!) and I can say from first-hand experience that Suzuki cured the poor fuelling issues that the GSX-S1000 had. This tells me that if you pulled the trigger on the GSX-S, it would likely be an easy fix if yours was snatchy.

Speaking of my new Katana, how about that handlebar? Lol!
                    Lol....congrats on the new Kat Dave! I'm sure it looks good with your modded one.... I assume you bought it from Doug at Mile 0?
                    Great guy. I would buy from them for sure.
                    Yes...get some Renthal fat bars.
                    No signature

Comment

That's Jedz colors right there... Also a bike on my radar as well for the next big high miler bike.... Why Hayabuser needs to go rip his new Kat and tell us about that awesome engine .
                      I hate to admit it but I'm salivating over the new BMW R1250R... I'm enjoying my Eurotrash. The New R1250 Engine is amazing. $18.8k USD is steep and my wife did not approve... More miles on the Bonneville I guess. Glad to hear the K is still holding up well! Trev does the K1300R have cruise? I hate to admit it but I think a BMW will be in my future... Someday. The next bike i need though needs to be one that won't break my heart when I let it go at 100K miles.

Hope your feeling good today! Stay positive buddy!!!

Best,
                      -Justin
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Just wanted to wish you well on your upcoming rehab. Yes it hurts but it will pay off big time! I crashed on my bicycle a few years back and broke my femur. They just lined everything up and hammered some rods thru. I followed my rehab 100% and I don't even know that titanium is in there. Good luck, here's mine.
                        1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Lol....congrats on the new Kat Dave! I'm sure it looks good with your modded one.... I assume you bought it from Doug at Mile 0?
                          Great guy. I would buy from them for sure.
                          Yes...get some Renthal fat bars.
                          It would had I not sold the orange Katana last month.... ... it was a feel-good sale though, it went back to Rob who built it. He never thought that he'd ride again after falling very ill but once he started getting better, the bike had to return to its proper home.

And yes, it was Mile Zero's demo. Really enjoyed shooting the sh!t with Doug in my garage yesterday, enthusiastic guy. Nice to see one local dealer enthusiastic about Suzuki products....
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Get a good lawyer -
                            Sue the offender driver for all they have, all they will ever have, and all their family will ever have.
                            Jail time - Compensation in the millions - without question
                            Do not take sympathy on them - they LIED about nearly killing you -
                            They don't give a $hit about you - only their own sorry azzes
                            Pardon me for ranting - I am Italian - Sicilian to be exact -and this makes my blood boil
                            No amount of punishment will ever mollify the crime

I pray you recover fully -
                            Currently in the Stable :
                            2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                            1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                            - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by rkroby View Post
                              Just wanted to wish you well on your upcoming rehab. Yes it hurts but it will pay off big time! I crashed on my bicycle a few years back and broke my femur. They just lined everything up and hammered some rods thru. I followed my rehab 100% and I don't even know that titanium is in there. Good luck, here's mine.
                              Thanks for the positive thoughts!
                              Here mine..the one on the left was taken last Friday and the one on the right was taken 3 weeks prior...

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                              It would had I not sold the orange Katana last month.... ... it was a feel-good sale though, it went back to Rob who built it. He never thought that he'd ride again after falling very ill but once he started getting better, the bike had to return to its proper home.

And yes, it was Mile Zero's demo. Really enjoyed shooting the sh!t with Doug in my garage yesterday, enthusiastic guy. Nice to see one local dealer enthusiastic about Suzuki products....
                              Yeah Doug is great...he came to my garage party for when Wes stayed with me...Here Doug is getting his gs tank signed.

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              That's Jedz colors right there... Also a bike on my radar as well for the next big high miler bike.... Why Hayabuser needs to go rip his new Kat and tell us about that awesome engine .
                              I hate to admit it but I'm salivating over the new BMW R1250R... I'm enjoying my Eurotrash. The New R1250 Engine is amazing. $18.8k USD is steep and my wife did not approve... More miles on the Bonneville I guess. Glad to hear the K is still holding up well! Trev does the K1300R have cruise? I hate to admit it but I think a BMW will be in my future... Someday. The next bike i need though needs to be one that won't break my heart when I let it go at 100K miles.

Hope your feeling good today! Stay positive buddy!!!

Best,
                              -Justin
                              Thanks Jedz,
                              The bme has no cruise control...no biggie for me as I use throttle clips on all my bikes..works great and only 20 bucks. 90,000kms and going as strong as the day I bought it.
                              Last edited by trevor; 10-27-2020, 09:09 PM.
                              No signature

Comment

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X