No announcement yet.

I had a crash...a big one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trevor, so sorry to learn of this accident. Be patient as this is going to take a lot of time before you will be able to ride again. But, thank goodness you will be able to ride again.

So you have a lawyer, my advice would be to go for the jugular of that asshat that hit you. I really hope he has to pay a severe penalty for his actions.

Best of luck to you with the healing process. I am sending good wishes for a speedy recovery.

If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry for the double post. I tried to delete it but it didn't work.
    Last edited by alke46; 09-19-2020, 05:08 PM.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      I've got a great dent puller...

Did I see a bit of a '69 Camaro in one of those photos?
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        I've got a great dent puller...

Did I see a bit of a '69 Camaro in one of those photos?
        lol...the best we can figure is the top dent in the tank may have been caused by my chest...which would explain the 14 broken ribs...
        The 69 Camaro is my father in law's car...he's owned it for something like 25 years...
        No signature

Comment

Good detective work by your son, getting the video!

Wouldn't you know the scumballs would say they stopped at the sign! It was mentioned , that the accident scene itself would likely tell the correct story. If they HAD stopped, and then proceeded into the intersection somehow managing to hit the side of a fast moving motorcycle crossing ahead of them, I'd think the motorcycle would ricochet but continue to move ahead at close to its original speed and direction....not under their wheels.

Still, even with a police report in hand, ICBC or the other party might try to apportion blame to you. The video will stop that! And I hope the Police lay charges. Even them lying about stopping is attempted fraud to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
            Good detective work by your son, getting the video!

Wouldn't you know the scumballs would say they stopped at the sign! It was mentioned , that the accident scene itself would likely tell the correct story. If they HAD stopped, and then proceeded into the intersection somehow managing to hit the side of a fast moving motorcycle crossing ahead of them, I'd think the motorcycle would ricochet but continue to move ahead at close to its original speed and direction....not under their wheels.

Still, even with a police report in hand, ICBC or the other party might try to apportion blame to you. The video will stop that! And I hope the Police lay charges. Even them lying about stopping is attempted fraud to me.
            I saw the video and he didn't even slow down. He went through that stop sign full nuts on .... Not sure if lying to the police is a charge in Kanada but if it is they're done........
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              I saw the video and he didn't even slow down. He went through that stop sign full nuts on .... Not sure if lying to the police is a charge in Kanada but if it is they're done........

well bugger me.................

get well trevor mind the opiods.........nasty *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$.
              1983 GS 550 LD
              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

lol...the best we can figure is the top dent in the tank may have been caused by my chest...which would explain the 14 broken ribs...
                The 69 Camaro is my father in law's car...he's owned it for something like 25 years...

Be wary do not share the video with anyone doing so may bite you on the ass.
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                  Cops told me it's not against the law to lie to police...I texted the woman that helped me on the scene today to thank her and she said to me that the guy was saying at the scene "we both came to a stop at the same time and then we both went together at the same time and that's how we collided....lol....I think they should be charged with obstructing justice...
                  No signature

Comment

eff me bud you are lucky to be alive. Good that you have video. Wow. I'm sure you will keep us updated with the recovery process
                    1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Cops told me it's not against the law to lie to police...I texted the woman that helped me on the scene today to thank her and she said to me that the guy was saying at the scene "we both came to a stop at the same time and then we both went together at the same time and that's how we collided....lol....I think they should be charged with obstructing justice...
                      I know what he is saying is all BS but that statement alone, even it was true, puts him at fault because 2 vehicles approaching at the same time you must yield to the vehicle on your right. Anyway, lucky you have the video that says otherwise.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

They could be charged with Obstructing Justice if the police have the will to do it.... I suspect they won't though .......
                        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                          I know what he is saying is all BS but that statement alone, even it was true, puts him at fault because 2 vehicles approaching at the same time you must yield to the vehicle on your right. Anyway, lucky you have the video that says otherwise.
                          Hey Sandy, check your email
                          No signature

Comment

Nice hearing you're at home, Trev... hospitals are no fun at all. Much easier to heal in familiar surroundings.

I remember a friend of mine out in Ontario had a crash once that left him with two broken wrists. He couldn't do anything for himself and had to have his elderly parents move into his house to care for him. It has to be a new low to have your mother or father wipe your bum for you. I can't imagine.....

Janice going to wheel you out to the garage for your safety meeting on Friday?

Someone above asked "where's the Bandit"? So where's the Bandit? I need the engine for my pop-up Katana project. LOL!

Chat soon.
                            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                              Nice hearing you're at home, Trev... hospitals are no fun at all. Much easier to heal in familiar surroundings.

I remember a friend of mine out in Ontario had a crash once that left him with two broken wrists. He couldn't do anything for himself and had to have his elderly parents move into his house to care for him. It has to be a new low to have your mother or father wipe your bum for you. I can't imagine.....

Janice going to wheel you out to the garage for your safety meeting on Friday?

Someone above asked "where's the Bandit"? So where's the Bandit? I need the engine for my pop-up Katana project. LOL!

Chat soon.
                              Lol... I’ve just started to be able to wipe my own azz... 🙂
                              I plan on having a safety meeting next Friday.
                              The bandit is here... waiting to see what happens as I didn’t have collision on it but Icbc will have to pay since it was the other guy’s fault. So depending on the buy back... If there is such a thing... I may purchase and part out. 🙂
                              No signature

Comment

Lol... I’ve just started to be able to wipe my own azz... 
                                I plan on having a safety meeting next Friday.
                                The bandit is here... waiting to see what happens as I didn’t have collision on it but Icbc will have to pay since it was the other guy’s fault. So depending on the buy back... If there is such a thing... I may purchase and part out. 
                                If you do, I might take the whole carcass off of your hands.

I delivered the orange Katana to the mainland today, the creation has returned to its creator. I therefore need to build its replacement.
                                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X