I had a crash...a big one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
    If you do, I might take the whole carcass off of your hands.

I delivered the orange Katana to the mainland today, the creation has returned to its creator. I therefore need to build its replacement.
    Ok cool.. you have first dibs if you like. 🙂
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Ok cool.. you have first dibs if you like. 
      I suddenly feel like a vulture.....
      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
        I suddenly feel like a vulture.....
        Lol...don’t! 🙂
        No signature

Comment

Well, Trevor, as usual when you go, you go big.

14 broken ribs? I broke 2 and cracked 2 windsurfing and I thought I was never going to sleep again.

You have my sympathies. No wonder you're keeping the narcotics on hand
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
            Well, Trevor, as usual when you go, you go big.

14 broken ribs? I broke 2 and cracked 2 windsurfing and I thought I was never going to sleep again.

You have my sympathies. No wonder you're keeping the narcotics on hand
            Lol... thanks for your words Todd. 🙂
            Yes, I will never take being able to sleep without pain for granted again.
            I’m trying to stay off the “hard stuff”...
            Funny, my wife wheeled me out to my garage to be with my bikes for a bit today and for a brief moment I imagined myself as some super bike legend that had been hurt racing and I was back home in my garage. Lol 🙂 that was fun.
            No signature

Comment

Glad you are still with us after playing bumper tag with a F150. What a crazy turn of events. Heal up fast.
              Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
              2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                Lol... thanks for your words Todd. 
                Yes, I will never take being able to sleep without pain for granted again.
                I’m trying to stay off the “hard stuff”...
                Funny, my wife wheeled me out to my garage to be with my bikes for a bit today and for a brief moment I imagined myself as some super bike legend that had been hurt racing and I was back home in my garage. Lol  that was fun.
                Something else you and Wes can talk about!
                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Speaking of pain pills...

I've been having a bad year for back spasms. Aging sucks. After suffering two week long episodes inside a five week span I hit up my medical team for some pills, at which time I was lectured for literally half an hour by one (female) doctor telling me how evil opiates are. After a while I interrupted her and asked if 25 Norco pills (received from my previous doctor) in 7 months constitutes abuse?, to which she answered no. So I then asked her why is she lecturing me? In the end she gave me 10 freaking Norco's (250g version.) Big flipping deal. The freaking addicts are causing us normal people a lot of needless pain.

Sorry for my personal story Trevor. I hope you aren't suffering too much.
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Gods, Trevor-I'm glad you're alive. I just got back from another 400 mile weekend (just rolled in, in fact), and this is the first thread I see.

Heal well, then heal quickly.
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post

I've been having a bad year for back spasms. Aging sucks. After suffering two week long episodes inside a five week span I hit up my medical team for some pills, at which time I was lectured for literally half an hour by one (female) doctor telling me how evil opiates are. After a while I interrupted her and asked if 25 Norco pills (received from my previous doctor) in 7 months constitutes abuse?, to which she answered no. So I then asked her why is she lecturing me? In the end she gave me 10 freaking Norco's (250g version.) Big flipping deal. The freaking addicts are causing us normal people a lot of needless pain.

Its a scary reality that the very same agents who created an epidemic are now holier than thou.
                      Drs. are anow at the point where they do not care if people suffer so long as they cannot be looked upon as easy suppliers of narcotics.
                      20 years ago they gave em away like candy.
                      I had an unknown ailment either kidney stone or bowel disease about 5 years ago with crippling pain and was shocked a young Doctor gave me percocet. Apparent he could see the pain I was experiencing.
                      Legitimate pain sufferers are being victimized.
                      1983 GS 550 LD
                      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post

Lol...no problem my friend, I know, I get it. But I guess in their shoes there is so much blame on medical professionals for the opioid crisis in the world that they are gun shy...and who can blame them? Damned if they do or don't.

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                        Gods, Trevor-I'm glad you're alive. I just got back from another 400 mile weekend (just rolled in, in fact), and this is the first thread I see.

Heal well, then heal quickly.
                        Thanks Mason,

I'm certainly trying my best.
                        No signature

Comment

Well Trev, I gotta say “oh *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$!” Your lucky to be alive. Glad that you are, heal fast and all that Jazz.

V
                          Gustov
                          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                          81 GS 1000 G
                          79 GS 850 G
                          81 GS 850 L
                          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                          80 GS 550 L
                          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                          2002 Honda 919
                          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                            Well Trev, I gotta say “oh *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$!” Your lucky to be alive. Glad that you are, heal fast and all that Jazz.

V
                            Indeed my friend, thanks Vince.
                            No signature

Comment

Just out of curiosity do the cops have any idea what that moron's speed was when he blew that stop sign ? Hard to tell from the video but it looked like he was moving pretty fast ......
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                                Just out of curiosity do the cops have any idea what that moron's speed was when he blew that stop sign ? Hard to tell from the video but it looked like he was moving pretty fast ......
                                I never heard a speed but the Rcmp say there is no doubt he was speeding.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X