No announcement yet.

I had a crash...a big one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really sorry to read this Trevor but also really glad that you're alive and posting!

I've had three very low speed offs on the 450 with just a few bruises, so I can only imagine what it would like to be hit by something at speed. I hope you recover well and quickly and get back to doing what you love soon.
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
      Speaking of pain pills...

I've been having a bad year for back spasms. Aging sucks. After suffering two week long episodes inside a five week span I hit up my medical team for some pills, at which time I was lectured for literally half an hour by one (female) doctor telling me how evil opiates are. After a while I interrupted her and asked if 25 Norco pills (received from my previous doctor) in 7 months constitutes abuse?, to which she answered no. So I then asked her why is she lecturing me? In the end she gave me 10 freaking Norco's (250g version.) Big flipping deal. The freaking addicts are causing us normal people a lot of needless pain.

Sorry for my personal story Trevor. I hope you aren't suffering too much.
      I recently went through 37 days with a kidney stone. I got 12 Percocet. And something called Tramadol which is a non opiate pain killer with a warning list that is pretty scary. Potentially every organ in your body could be harmed in lieu of an addiction lawsuit. I had to wait 2 weeks for a CT scan, 2 weeks for a urologist, and a week for surgery. 42 minutes in the OR and the associated costs was $27k.
      sigpic
      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
      1983 GS1100e
      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
      1980 GS1260
      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

I am late to this party, having just noticed Trev with an Ace bandage on a Facebook post and I inquired as to what's up. Trev, best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. The bike can be replaced, your body parts can't. I hope everything works out in the best way possible with no lasting damage. I have been pondering hanging up my street riding for exactly this reason. Still going to enjoy my drag racing but nearly every week a local rider goes down and many won't get back up. Drivers are not what they once were, too many distractions. Each of us has to decide if it is worth it. I am at the age I won't heal well
        sigpic
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
          I am late to this party, having just noticed Trev with an Ace bandage on a Facebook post and I inquired as to what's up. Trev, best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. The bike can be replaced, your body parts can't. I hope everything works out in the best way possible with no lasting damage. I have been pondering hanging up my street riding for exactly this reason. Still going to enjoy my drag racing but nearly every week a local rider goes down and many won't get back up. Drivers are not what they once were, too many distractions. Each of us has to decide if it is worth it. I am at the age I won't heal well
          It if comes to that, make your last street ride a roadtrip to Victoria to bring "PaTINA" back to me.
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

My jaw dropped when I saw the thread title here, Trevor. Hoping for a full recovery for you.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

That's a long list of bones you've broken Trevor -ouch big time. Take care and wishing you speedy healing.
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Best wishes for your full recovery Trevor, you're a very popular guy with everyone here.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                  It if comes to that, make your last street ride a roadtrip to Victoria to bring "PaTINA" back to me.
                  If the border opens in 2022-ish it could happen.... It now has a semi-nice black chrome stock exhaust which slowed it down considerably....
                  sigpic
                  1983 GS1100e
                  82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                  1980 GS1260

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                    If the border opens in 2022-ish it could happen.... It now has a semi-nice black chrome stock exhaust which slowed it down considerably....
                    Boooo! Keep it.
                    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Ouch! Get well soon mate
                      1980 GS1000G - Sold
                      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                        Boooo! Keep it.
                        I do have a stainless Supertrapp.....
                        sigpic
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260

Comment

Holy sh** man, that is one brutal blow! I'm so very sorry. Take your recovery seriously bud. Get well.
                          Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
                          1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Oh man...just seeing this thread. Trevor, sorry to hear about this accident and happy you are alive! 4 way stops are brutal around here, changing the Stop to GOOOOOOO would put most in compliance.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                              Oh man...just seeing this thread. Trevor, sorry to hear about this accident and happy you are alive! 4 way stops are brutal around here, changing the Stop to GOOOOOOO would put most in compliance.
                              Thank you my friend...I would love to see them all turned into roundabouts...
                              Little update on how I'm doing...
                              The nights have been pretty awful to sleep...the pain in seems to move all over the place and I am experiencing a lot of anxiety at "bedtime" because I don't know what I'm going to get...I keep the tv on for distraction until usually 3am...the ribs that are broken in my back can feel like I'm being stabbed with a knife.
                              I had a doctor appointment yesterday with the plastic surgeon that did my finger ( I have 4 different doctors, Hip, Chest collar bone, finger and my own MD) and he is happy with how it's coming along...I'll tell you it sure is a blow to the ego to have to be pushed around in a wheelchair by your wife...I feel so helpless. Then I went and seen my therapist for an hour....he's someone I used to see often when I was going through anxiety issues some years ago....I plan to see him again regularly. I was pretty beat after those appointments.
                              Today I go to Victoria General for follow up chest X-rays and X-rays on the finger.
                              My wife and I celebrated out 12th year anniversary of our first date yesterday...it was also our 8th anniversary of the day we got married.
                              My wife had some serious health issues in Aug being hospitalized herself for 8 days with a blood infection...and it attacked and already leaky heart valve...she's been on an IV pic of antibiotics for 6 weeks injecting herself 3 times a day...she just finished that on the weekend...so we went from me caring for her to her now caring for me..and with Covid we have spent a lot of time home together...and it has been a blessing in disguise...we are closer than ever before and we have a greater appreciation for one another...I feel so lucky to have Janice as my partner. And out son who turned 18 while I was in the hospital has been a trooper as well, I'm proud of him and how he has handled himself through these trying times.
                              But I would also like to acknowledge how much the support here has meant to me....It's so nice to open this thread to see new comments everyday of support and encouragement.
                              Thank you all...
                              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                Thank you my friend...I would love to see them all turned into roundabouts...
                                Little update on how I'm doing...
                                The nights have been pretty awful to sleep...the pain in seems to move all over the place and I am experiencing a lot of anxiety at "bedtime" because I don't know what I'm going to get...I keep the tv on for distraction until usually 3am...the ribs that are broken in my back can feel like I'm being stabbed with a knife.
                                I had a doctor appointment yesterday with the plastic surgeon that did my finger ( I have 4 different doctors, Hip, Chest collar bone, finger and my own MD) and he is happy with how it's coming along...I'll tell you it sure is a blow to the ego to have to be pushed around in a wheelchair by your wife...I feel so helpless. Then I went and seen my therapist for an hour....he's someone I used to see often when I was going through anxiety issues some years ago....I plan to see him again regularly. I was pretty beat after those appointments.
                                Today I go to Victoria General for follow up chest X-rays and X-rays on the finger.
                                My wife and I celebrated out 12th year anniversary of our first date yesterday...it was also our 8th anniversary of the day we got married.
                                My wife had some serious health issues in Aug being hospitalized herself for 8 days with a blood infection...and it attacked and already leaky heart valve...she's been on an IV pic of antibiotics for 6 weeks injecting herself 3 times a day...she just finished that on the weekend...so we went from me caring for her to her now caring for me..and with Covid we have spent a lot of time home together...and it has been a blessing in disguise...we are closer than ever before and we have a greater appreciation for one another...I feel so lucky to have Janice as my partner. And out son who turned 18 while I was in the hospital has been a trooper as well, I'm proud of him and how he has handled himself through these trying times.
                                But I would also like to acknowledge how much the support here has meant to me....It's so nice to open this thread to see new comments everyday of support and encouragement.
                                Thank you all...
                                Wow....not fun. I hope your recovery goes way better than anyone expects. And your wife, too! I have been meaning to post a quick story of my August. My perspective on life and family definitely changed a bit. The reason I have been meaning to write a quick blip is that it could potentially save some ones life. It was certainly nothing like you are going through, but I too am grateful to be seeing September.

Comment

Working...
                                X