No announcement yet.

I had a crash...a big one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My heart sank when I read about your accident. I wish you the best recovery possible.
    1983 gs1100ed restro-mod. 1998 gsxr 1100 almost mint, 2019 kawasaki klx250, 2011 Beta 250 evo trials bike, 2017 Montesa 300rr trials bike, 2021 honda crf250rx woods weapon

Comment

OMG! Wowsers man. So glad your able to get on GSR and let us know your doing ok! Looking at the Bandit and seeing your notes make me grateful you came out above ground on this.
      Heal up, hope things get better everyday for you. Keep us posted on your recovery progress.
      Be well and stay positive!
      My very best,
      -Justin
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        My wife and I celebrated out 12th year anniversary of our first date yesterday...it was also our 8th anniversary of the day we got married.
        You and Janice are almost on the same schedule as Simone and I... today is our 16th wedding anniversary, tomorrow is the 26th anniversary of our first date.

There must be something in the air in September.
        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Nasty prang, I hope you heal up quickly, makes harrowing reading. Get well soon.
          sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Almost got run over today walking across the street with right of way light at a crosswalk. It is true: Humans are getting dumber every day behind the wheel.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
              Almost got run over today walking across the street with right of way light at a crosswalk. It is true: Humans are getting dumber every day behind the wheel.
              Not just behind the wheel.

120302932_10224333250298973_482763976301898194_n.jpg
              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                The guy who hit me was not young...he was at the very least in 50s
                No signature

Comment

A pint of beer says there was a cell phone involved....You don't blow a stop sign at that speed when you're paying attention .....
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                    A pint of beer says there was a cell phone involved....You don't blow a stop sign at that speed when you're paying attention .....
                    There is even a flashing red light at the intersection.
                    No signature

Comment

The guy who hit me was not young...he was at the very least in 50s
                      Neither was the idiot woman driving the Econoline that had to stand on the brakes this morning.
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

How are you doing Trev ? I know what kind of pain broken ribs can cause though I only broke a couple not 14 like you have.... Any relief in the pain ?
                        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

There is even a flashing red light at the intersection.
                          They need to put a gate there for some drivers....
                          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                            They need to put a gate there for some drivers....
                            I am in favour of something like this:

A stunt puts pedestrian safety in the face of drivers as part of a push to reduce the alarming amount of recent collisions.

Hang in there Trevor. I know you know it's going to be a tough road, but you (and Janice) will come out stronger at the end.
                            '83 GS650G
                            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                              How are you doing Trev ? I know what kind of pain broken ribs can cause though I only broke a couple not 14 like you have.... Any relief in the pain ?
                              Hey Garth,

The last two nights were better...getting up to 4-5 hours sleep. I have some appointments this week for x-rays etc..I'm also going to try acupuncture.... My hip is getting sore and I have a lump forming and sore calf so the doc wants me to go for an ultra sound.
                              The ribs...well...it moves around all the time...sometimes it feels like someone is sitting on my chest and other times like I'm getting a big hard bear hug. And when the one in my back act up it feels like someone is poking me with a knife.
                              The collar bone is not real bad but I still feel it. I'm trying to stay positive....thanks for asking my friend.
                              No signature

Comment

I would also like to say how grateful I am for the care I received while in hospital and the care I'm continuing to receive in the community. And none of it will cost me one penny of my own money. What a great place to live!
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X