No announcement yet.

I had a crash...a big one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you are healing...but those aches...oh, man!

The way you describe your rib pain...yikes!

Thanks for the update...and yes, grateful for health care in Canada. (My bilateral knee replacement was covered with no out-of-pocket expense to me!)

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
      I am in favour of something like this:

A stunt puts pedestrian safety in the face of drivers as part of a push to reduce the alarming amount of recent collisions.
      LOL, nice one!
      -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Hey Trevor...How's the healing body treating you on the 1st day of October?
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          I would also like to say how grateful I am for the care I received while in hospital and the care I'm continuing to receive in the community. And none of it will cost me one penny of my own money. What a great place to live!
          Its odd you don't consider money paid as tax as covering some of your medical care.
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
            Hey Trevor...How's the healing body treating you on the 1st day of October?
            Hey Carter,

Well I went for acupuncture on Tuesday and will do that twice a week, they say to help with pain management. Then I had an ultrasound because I had some leg pain and they wanted to rule out blood clots...i was fine.
            Then yesterday I had a follow up xray and appointment with my hip surgeon and he wasn't happy with what he saw...the screws have moved a bit because I've been putting too much weight on my right foot...the PT told me using a cane was ok...but he says no weight and use crutches...well with a broken collarbone and 14 ribs, crutches wouldn't work...so I using a walker now for 3 more weeks of no weight on the foot. He scared me when he said "We are trying to avoid a hip replacement"... yikes...that woke me up! Showering in a chair should be interesting...lol
            Sleep is getting better....5 hours...and pain is better and I'm weaning myself slowly with less medication....tomorrow another acupuncture session...I like the old guy because he rode motorcycles for most of his life...400f supersport in the 70s and rode a bucato trials bike...lol
            I'm bored out of my tree!...but I'm remaining positive....what choice do I have? Lol
            I have had lots support from friends and family...and my managers have been great...the clients in my houses have even made food for us...very sweet.
            Thanks for checking in with me, I really appreciate it.
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
              Its odd you don't consider money paid as tax as covering some of your medical care.
              Oh god...of course I do...take a hike Cipher.
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                I suspect he knows how the system in his own country works..... But your empathy toward a fellow downed motorcyclist is touching ......
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

All those appointments must taxing just to get there.

One of my older sister's boyfriend took me for my first streetbike ride on 400F SS, back in 78 or so.
                  I was hooked after that. I thought for sure we were going to crash going around a clover leaf from 520 to 405 S in Bellevue.
                  The lean angle & speed had never before been felt.

September 20th 1988 was my last big accident on Mt Baker Highway.
                  My girlfriend/wife was on the back of my 2 week old red 1980 GS1100ET, when a State of Washington Fisheries truck turned into our lane on a straightaway going 60 mph.

Lucky dude to have family n friend lending a hand. Let healing continue...
                  GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                    All those appointments must taxing just to get there.

One of my older sister's boyfriend took me for my first streetbike ride on 400F SS, back in 78 or so.
                    I was hooked after that. I thought for sure we were going to crash going around a clover leaf from 520 to 405 S in Bellevue.
                    The lean angle & speed had never before been felt.

September 20th 1988 was my last big accident on Mt Baker Highway.
                    My girlfriend/wife was on the back of my 2 week old red 1980 GS1100ET, when a State of Washington Fisheries truck turned into our lane on a straightaway going 60 mph.

Lucky dude to have family n friend lending a hand. Let healing continue...
                    Thanks Carter,
                    yeah just having a shower wears me out lol
                    Did acupuncture today... having a couple of guys over for a safety meeting in my garage later... which will nice. 🙂
                    And first time face to face meeting with my lawyer tomorrow.
                    Cheers
                    No signature

Comment

I got new wheels! Lol....a buddy had this awesome 4 wheel cart at his house...it was his father in laws...It was great to take my dog out for a walk.

No signature

Comment

You have all the fun, Trevor!

That's great you have such wonderful friends...looks like your ribs are doing OK if you can lean forward like that!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Are those pin-striped jeans, or pajamas?

Good to be outside...
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                            You have all the fun, Trevor!

That's great you have such wonderful friends...looks like your ribs are doing OK if you can lean forward like that!

Ed

Lol...they are feeling better for sure....pain meds have been cut in half.
                            Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            Are those pin-striped jeans, or pajamas?

Good to be outside...
                            Lol...those are pjs...have not had pants on in 4 weeks....4 weeks today was the accident....and it is sooo good to be outside!
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              I got new wheels! Lol....a buddy had this awesome 4 wheel cart at his house...it was his father in laws...It was great to take my dog out for a walk.

I now have the image of the dog pulling you along in the cart.
                              ---- Dave
                              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                                I now have the image of the dog pulling you along in the cart.
                                Lol....she can be a puller sometimes...
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X