I can't sell it!....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Temptation

I know what you mean. By personality type, motorcyclists are the same people found in other high risk hobbies. Some people will avoid any risk, others will take some risk if unavoidable while a few are attracted to activities that are high risk. None of us have to ride. Some of us push the envelope more than others, but I do know that if you ride a bike, youre going to be prone to pushing it more than average and agreeable to accepting a higher risk level. I consider that a good thing. I'm all for going for the "gusto" and letting it hang out there a bit. However, for the newbies, I try to curtail the enthusiasm a tad so they will be around long enough for their experience and skills to catch up with their enthusiasm.
    I probably come across as Mr Fuddy Dud oftentimes, but my intent is to keep them around and in one piece long enough for them to have a chance. The first year is the most difficult. At about a year, everyone starts to feel like the have a wrap on it and are bulletproof and they get lax. I was there once too, I know exactly how bulletproof I am when hitting a stopped car at 65 mph. :-) So, I'll keep preaching to stay within one's skill level and build it up gradually.

Mr. Fudd
    Earl :-)

[quote="Giblet"]
    I find "the temptation" to be much less on my GK than the old RD350 as there is a difference in the manuverability. That helps but I must be honest as well. There are times when I like to let it all hang out (Ok go ahead and laugh) even if it is a tourer.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Last word

Earl,

If I've learned anything in my 42 years, its to pay attention to my eldersn whether in age or experience. My dad foretold my accident a couple of days before it happened. He said I had lost respect for the bike and it was going to get me hurt. He was right on target. Keep on handing out the advice. You might just be responsible for keeping someone alive. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year . Hoping Santa brought me a tank bag for Christmas.

Comment

Re: Last word

Tank bags are great, You'll wonder how you lived so long without one. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Giblet
        Earl,
        Hoping Santa brought me a tank bag for Christmas.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

There is some good conversation going on here. Merry Christmas guys!!!

Comment

Thanks, a merry one to you too JJ.

Earl

Originally posted by JJackson
            There is some good conversation going on here. Merry Christmas guys!!!

Comment

Got my bag

My wife bought me an Oxford-1 (OF-412) . It doubles as a "ruck sack" so I can throw the ratty old backpack I've been carrying away. Lots of great features on this one.

SF

Comment

oxford ruck-sack thingee

Hey, where did your wonderful Santa-wife get the Oxford ruck sack? Is is a magnetic type, or a tie-down?

I am going on a long ride this Spring,and I think I'll need a bag like that... if you got a good deal and she's happy with it, I'm all for supporting good vendors.

Thanks!

Comment

Tank bag

She bought it at a motorcycle shop called Two Wheel World here in Garland, Texas. They are usually more reasonable than the Suzuki guys on parts but I always check both since the Suzuki guys are closer to my home. Its a magnetic type and is definately NOT coming off unintentionally. I usually carry migraine medications and other assorted stuff daily so the shoulder straps are great for days like the last 2 when its raining and I have to cage it. It has a fanny pak that zips off and I keep my meds in there so I don't have to remove the whole bag. She paid right at $70 for it. I can almost carry a small circus on my GK now. Oh, & did I mention my wife is too cool ?

Comment

thanks! I had heard mag tank bags were cool, so now I'll start looking. good info to know.

Comment

For sure, they dont go anywhere. Once the magnets grab, you have to peel the bag off the tank. You sure cant pull it off without giving yourself a hernia. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by wharrah
                      thanks! I had heard mag tank bags were cool, so now I'll start looking. good info to know.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
                        For $2400, you would get a couple of pretty nice 750's or a really nice 1100, or just get one pristine 750 and have a nice profit. But then, I feel the same way about my 1150. Its not for sale even for a good profit. Do what you really want to do rather than what you think would be the most prudent or reasonable thing. You cant ride a prudent or a reasonable, but you can ride a 750. :-)

Earl
                        when I owned my 1150 I was offered more than I paid for it new! I could not sell it. It wasn't till I bought a new bike and the 1150 sat untouched in the garage did I even consider it. Now that its gone I miss it and If money wasn't the object it always is, i would be looking for another.

Comment

Now that its gone I miss it and If money wasn't the object it always is, i would be looking for another.
                          Some guy in Maine has a really nice one. Doubt he'd sell it though.

I wouldn't have sold that beauty. What a mistake Skip. Must be kicking yourself. Live and learn.
                          Currently bikeless
                          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

well the xrx is no slouch it does everthing well and mirrors the gs1150 in performance it is growing on me. I will be doing stuff in the off season this year that will make it more personalized. Once I get the turbo installed , It will happen its just when, the gs will be a forgotten happy memory.

Comment

Working...
                            X