No announcement yet.

Motorcycling safety tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't follow trailers, because they can detach from their vehicle.

Don't be anywhere near an old guy wearing a hat in a big car. They'll just go wherever they want. No signal, no warning. 8O

My $0.02

-istp

Comment

Originally posted by istp
      Don't follow trailers, because they can detach from their vehicle.
      That's happened to me, although it was the other guy who failed to dog it down right.

Also happened to another crew, whose trailer actually overtook them on a long downhill 8O 8O 8O They rammed it to stop it. Luckily there was no one else around either time.

Pete

Comment

Justa bump........and waiting for sticky on this
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

dont ride with anyone who has one of those new plastic 180 mph bikes

Comment

Or with anyone on a new Harley :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Shovelheads are OK, of course

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by skip[
              Or anyone on a older bike that thinks he can keep up with the above

Comment

Originally posted by wrench
                Or don't think you can pass an old fart on an old bike if does know what he's doing and doesn't really like getting passed.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy
                  Originally posted by wrench
                  Or don't think you can pass an old fart on an old bike if does know what he's doing and doesn't really like getting passed.
                  LOL

Comment

Lobby your political representitives, to pass laws that before you can get a licence to drive a car, you have to have ridden a motorcycle for 3 years!

Also, lobby for a law to be passed where car drivers do not have seat belts or air bags, and the standard fitment of a 6 inch steel spike pointing out from the centre of the steering wheel is compulsory 8)

Footy.

Comment

watch for ungulates.

Comment

Originally posted by 1150bob
                        watch for ungulates.
                        not sure what these/this is
                        Keith
                        -------------------------------------------
                        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Neither was I, so I looked it up at http://www.ultimateungulate.com/

A hoofed mammal 8O I thought it was something nasty, like cholesterol

Pete

Comment

I thought that's what they called 'speed bumps' in affluent communities

Comment

I don't think I saw this one yet and it has been a habit of mine for many years.

Always ride with your hi-beam during the daylight hours.
                              On my 1100E I have been able to put the switch in the right postion to light both low and hi beams at the same time.

Just remember, even though I had both beams shining with a Silverstar bulb, I still had some Jack a$s almost pull his BMW convertible right into me, while looking right at me. 8O 8O
                              Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                              2000 Kawasaki Concours
                              Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Awesome thread folks, especially with me bieng riding for less than a month, luckily as I went through em most of them I was saying "yup, I do that" or "Yup, I practice that"

A safe motorcycle ride is one of the best feelings ever. 8)

Comment

Working...
                                X