Riding 'B*tch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding 'B*tch

Guess this is now my destiny..... Who's driving?

I will be there soon as my hip is done grandma...I need one more good road trip before Jesus pulls te plug..lol
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I'd be happy to do it, but I don't have one of those seats on my bike.

If you ARE one, you don't get a ride, it's as simple as that.
      If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Took awhile to get to that huh?
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Patti, you have gone through more than most, if not all, of our entire list of GSR members..

You have been a beacon of strength, as well as hope, for all of us for many years.

There is no dirt blanket yet, so why give up now?

Two FYIs:

1-Chuck Hahn is facing a few of those things you went through already.. Maybe you can share some secrets with him?

2-You had a long fight against balloons. Here is a current court case about government drones that is very similar to your experience.

Michigan lawsuit over local government's drone use in zoning dispute could jumpstart limits for fast-evolving issue across the country

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

For Who Dat and others: Patti has a well-earned, and fully-deserved, position in the top ranks of the most respected GSR members of all time.
            "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Peppermint Patti View Post
              Guess this is now my destiny..... Who's driving?
              Patti, what exactly is the disability that will keep you from riding? Holding the bike up at stops? Shifting? Braking?
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
              80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Wonder why you got no response, Don.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                  Wonder why you got no response, Don.
                  It looks like Patti's last activity on the site was Feb 16, five days before my post. Patti sometimes goes for long stretches away from the site and then reports back in.

All of us if we ride long enough will arrive at that decision point as to whether it is prudent to continue on two wheels. My hip surgeries probably caused me to ponder that reality earlier than most Fortunately there were no limitations once I was healed but Father Time always wins eventually.

I see options such as a trike (not my style really) or a sidecar (something I might be able to have some fun with). I am also smitten by the Piaggio MP3 which has three wheels and stands upright on its own but also leans into turns same as two wheels. I wouldn't mind having one of those now just because they are so trick. They are not cheap though and I am not sure if I would feel the same after the novelty wore off.

But those are all options that could possibly be available to Patti depending on her issue.
                  Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                  80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Looks like the Yamaha Niken, apparently NLA in the U.S.
                    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I've mentioned these before, as they are very cool:

Tilting Motor Works | Two in Front and Made in America | Rider Magazine
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                      X