Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Impact

Originally posted by Allie View Post
    Just a guess, but the stiff suspension might not have the same impact on someone who is 'volumetrically economical' as it would on some of us who, er, are not. Though it could end up being worse, I'm not sure how it works. At any rate, a compact person on that bike (with a, ah, heavy wrist) would be difficult to keep up with. Sounds like a lot of fun!
    Uh...are you trying to say a"heavy-set" person Allie?

You may be right...a conveniently petite person standing at 5'4" and weighing 120lbs (like my daughters) would probably not feel the same bumps as a 190lb rider like me. The important thing would be to have enough cushion/padding to prevent injury to the spine. If a rider puts weight on the foot pegs periodically, this will prevent some of those heartaches. I'm just glad both my seats ("L" & "T") have plenty of padding so that the impact isn't too unpleasant.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
      Uh...are you trying to say a"heavy-set" person Allie?

You may be right...a conveniently petite person standing at 5'4" and weighing 120lbs (like my daughters) would probably not feel the same bumps as a 190lb rider like me. The important thing would be to have enough cushion/padding to prevent injury to the spine. If a rider puts weight on the foot pegs periodically, this will prevent some of those heartaches. I'm just glad both my seats ("L" & "T") have plenty of padding so that the impact isn't too unpleasant.

Ed
      Please, let us not say 'heavy set', more like 'dimensionally not insubstantial'. My seat has a good bit of padding, and so does the bike's seat. We still get a decent jolt every once in a while, suspension is a bit stiff. It was worse with the old shagged out shocks though, my guess is they bottomed out and gave a BIG jolt.
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

What Are Words For? (Missing Persons)

Please, let us not say 'heavy set', more like 'dimensionally not insubstantial'. My seat has a good bit of padding, and so does the bike's seat. We still get a decent jolt every once in a while, suspension is a bit stiff. It was worse with the old shagged out shocks though, my guess is they bottomed out and gave a BIG jolt.
        OMG, really? "Heavy Set" can be taken the wrong way?

A long time ago, it was mean to say "fat" and now this? Please tell me you're: yanking my chain/shaking my tree/rattling my cage.

From a health perspective, having enough padding in the seat cannot be over-stated...no matter how much a rider weighs.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

OMG, really? "Heavy Set" can be taken the wrong way?

A long time ago, it was mean to say "fat" and now this? Please tell me you're: yanking my chain/shaking my tree/rattling my cage.

From a health perspective, having enough padding in the seat cannot be over-stated...no matter how much a rider weighs.

Ed
          I'm not 'yanking your chain', I'm merely 'exploring the aesthetic limits of euphemistic language for humorous effect'. Yeah, that's the ticket!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Expressions

I'm not 'yanking your chain', I'm merely 'exploring the aesthetic limits of euphemistic language for humorous effect'. Yeah, that's the ticket!
            So, you're messing with me?

Ok, I get it. Glad I put to use those expression faces in my replies.

The important thing is, I learned from you.

Ed
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

So, you're messing with me?

Ok, I get it. Glad I put to use those expression faces in my replies.

The important thing is, I learned from you.

Ed
              Such strong language! I'm simply - okay, you got me. Yeah I'm pretty much clowning around

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

I think I'm going to like this new forum. Already, the improvements are showing... Allie hasn't offered "filled" muffins in a week now... Maybe she won't have to lace the muffins at all anymore!
                Last edited by Guest; 12-29-2014, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Play Nice

Such strong language! I'm simply - okay, you got me. Yeah I'm pretty much clowning around
                  That's alright then. But you gave up real quick.

Thx Allie

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
                  I think I'm going to like this new forum. Already, the improvements are showing... Allie hasn't offered "filled" muffins in a week now... Maybe she won't have to lace the muffins at all anymore!
                  I would hate to show up for muffins and find out they were tainted!

Ed
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

That's alright then. But you gave up real quick.

Thx Allie

I would hate to show up for muffins and find out they were tainted!

Ed
                    At 12:41 am I just wasn't feeling it.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Muffins!!!

For two nice boys like yourselves, a whole batch!

At 12:41 am I just wasn't feeling it.
                      "Not feelin' it", huh?

Okay, let's get back on target with this thread. The other lady who hasn't joined us is Joanne (JAG) and one other lady but I think she got perma-ban.

Cheryl hasn't been on here either...can you think of anyone else?

Muffin break...those look delish Allie.

Ed
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

"Not feelin' it", huh?

Okay, let's get back on target with this thread. The other lady who hasn't joined us is Joanne (JAG) and one other lady but I think she got perma-ban.

Cheryl hasn't been on here either...can you think of anyone else?

Muffin break...those look delish Allie.

Ed
                        JAG is gone, kaput. At least that persona. I think she got a time out and asked to have her account removed. Also not very ladylike. MissFab was posting for a while after a long hiatus then abruptly vanished again. She was a regular for a long time I think. Kinnet faded about the same time as her hubby TCK did, don't ask details... Haven't seen Cheryl in a while. I hope Lila gets up and running by spring time, after rehabbing her wrist.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

I've talked to Cheryl about a month or so ago. She sold her motorcycle but she's doing okay. She's my riding buddy, I'm sure I'll hear from her in the spring for the Burn Foundation Ride in Baltimore/Annapolis or for are Lake Erie tour. It's always fun getting together with her.
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Ladies Of GSR

JAG is gone, kaput. At least that persona. I think she got a time out and asked to have her account removed. Also not very ladylike. MissFab was posting for a while after a long hiatus then abruptly vanished again. She was a regular for a long time I think. Kinnet faded about the same time as her hubby TCK did, don't ask details... Haven't seen Cheryl in a while. I hope Lila gets up and running by spring time, after rehabbing her wrist.
                            Awwww, I liked Joanne...JAG was nice to me. She was cleaning up her bike's Airbox (amongst other things) and started a thread:

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

I see her username is un-highlighted and hyperlink is gone. Her thread will probably be deleted soon.

Not much interaction with MissFab I had...I remember some nasty things going on with her; JAG was also being mistreated. It's too bad things are they way they are but not all the ladies have fled.

TCK is gone too, huh? I vaguely remember him but again...there was some nasty things going on. I don't recognize Kinnet and had no interactions with her.

Cheryl is around...probably taking the holidays off and staying busy with her little family.

Well, let's hope the New Year produces more new members to this section.

(Deathcab - The New Year)
                            The New Year ~ Death Cab for Cutie. Transatlanticism.I do not own this song, etc.

Ed
                            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-29-2014, 02:08 PM.
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Darn, hate to hear of so many no longer being around for lack of bikes or other reasons. JAG got bashed a lot for her politically correct and progressive thinking/egalitarian stance & attitude, which is very unfortunate & just shows how far we have to come yet as a society, as a country, as the human race. This led to a lot of serious disputes about racism/sexism/homophobia/military/government/politics. I would always try to have her back, but it's far too easy to get sick of seeing the level of idiocy & ignorance of many grown up adult men come out in full force in that forum. I like to think of GSR as a fairly logical, educated, intelligent, & mature bunch of folks, & hanging around the OT forum where JAG, Harrop, & others frequent really put a damper on my spirits to say the least.

Hopefully the new year will bring more ladies & open minded individuals. My wife actually is a volunteer coordinator at the local nonprofit bicycle cooperative, specifically in charge of women's & trans night, where no men are even allowed in the shop, & women can learn how to repair their own bicycles with the assistance of other patrons & volunteers. Sometimes it takes this sort of "safe" comforting environment to get ladies to feel comfortable in male machismo dominated areas. Unfortunate.

Best of luck to everyone in the new year, be safe, & get out & enjoy being outdoors & on 2 wheels!
                              Last edited by Chuck78; 12-29-2014, 02:38 PM.
                              '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                              '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                              '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                              '79 GS425stock
                              PROJECTS:
                              '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                              '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                              '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                              '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                              '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Awwww, I liked Joanne...JAG was nice to me. She was cleaning up her bike's Airbox (amongst other things) and started a thread:

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

I see her username is un-highlighted and hyperlink is gone. Her thread will probably be deleted soon.

Not much interaction with MissFab I had...I remember some nasty things going on with her; JAG was also being mistreated. It's too bad things are they way they are but not all the ladies have fled.

Ed
                                Without a doubt JAG got mistreated more than once on this site, by people who are still with us. Still, not exactly ladylike. Just sayin'.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                                X