Are there any ladies on here or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allie View Post
    Without a doubt JAG got mistreated,... Still, not exactly ladylike. Just sayin'.

What can one expect when so many men she was carrying on dialogue/debate with were soooooo far from gentleman-like??? There was a legendary human rights leader who is well know for his attitude on working on achieving equal rights for all "By any means necessary." When dealing with people who are so far from caring at all about equal rights & the eradication of sex/race/gender/religious discrimination, it often takes drastic measures to get things steering in the proper direction. Sad but true.
    '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
    '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
    '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
    '79 GS425stock
    PROJECTS:
    '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
    '77 GS550 740cc major mods
    '77 GS400 489cc racer build
    '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
    '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Back On Track

Originally posted by Allie View Post
      Without a doubt JAG got mistreated more than once on this site, by people who are still with us. Still, not exactly ladylike. Just sayin'.
      I apologize for dredging up the past. No intentions of derailing this thread with opinions regarding any past members.

Ed
      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-29-2014, 03:18 PM.
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

We didn't have a special topic forum for things Jag seemed to be interested in....
        She told me once that she had "friends" join this site, to help her with the bullying.... I wonder who they are?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck78 View Post
          What can one expect when so many men she was carrying on dialogue/debate with were soooooo far from gentleman-like??? There was a legendary human rights leader who is well know for his attitude on working on achieving equal rights for all "By any means necessary." When dealing with people who are so far from caring at all about equal rights & the eradication of sex/race/gender/religious discrimination, it often takes drastic measures to get things steering in the proper direction. Sad but true.
          Look, if you want to get into a whole big thing about it we should probably go elsewhere, but in all honesty JAG hit this place with all guns blazing and got an enormous kickback right in the face from it, not entirely undeserved. As I pretty much said, yeah many of the subsequent responses were not only ungentlemanly, but downright unhumanbeingly. That's the last I'll say on the subject in this thread, thank you.
          "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Sorry to raise your eyebrows a bit there Allie. I wasn't trying to alienate anyone in this thread.

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
            We didn't have a special topic forum for things Jag seemed to be interested in....
            She told me once that she had "friends" join this site, to help her with the bullying.... I wonder who they are?
            Not I. I just always try & stand up for what's right, & work towards social justice. Sexism/racism/homophobia/etc deserves to be combated with all guns blazing.
            Last edited by Chuck78; 12-29-2014, 04:23 PM.
            '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
            '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
            '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
            '79 GS425stock
            PROJECTS:
            '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
            '77 GS550 740cc major mods
            '77 GS400 489cc racer build
            '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
            '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

God Bless America. I tried to stick up for her, as well as many others... Sometimes you just have to throw in the towel.
              You're right Allie...'nuff said!

Comment

Sorry to raise your eyebrows a bit there Allie. I wasn't trying to alienate anyone in this thread.
                You're certainly not alienating anyone, it's just that this isn't the thread to get into this on, and it was a mistake for me to mention it in the first place. It's history, and doesn't need to be dug up again.

Not I. I just always try & stand up for what's right, & work towards social justice. Sexism/racism/homophobia/etc deserves to be combated with all guns blazing.
                I agree with standing up for what is right, and have defended JAG where I've found it possible to do so. Again, if you want to pursue it we can do so in another place.
                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

So, Allie... How are we going to drum up some more Ladies? (They can bake their own muffins.) What if we had some beefy, sweet, mannerly man meat?

Comment

So, Allie... How are we going to drum up some more Ladies? (They can bake their own muffins.) What if we had some beefy, sweet, mannerly man meat?
                    ?? It's enough to make a sailor blush!!
                    sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

You know... meaty conversation with gentleman...

Comment

Of course, what else would it'v meant.
                        sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

OK... I didn't understand how you took that! Sorry, by meaty I meant a muscular build. You kids have a naughty mind sometimes. See how easily I/you fell into that? I did not mean it in a 'dirty' sense, really.

Comment

Say What Mean...Mean What You Say

My wife Reda was a GSR member (rrok220) when we met over 5 years ago, but since I started wrenching on her '77 gs550b with her, she hasn't frequented the forum enough (was always digging up technical info), & her account got deleted. She was the reason I got into GS's, as I would have probably been riding a CB750 now if it weren't for her trading her good running but heavy/ugly Honda SilverWing for a total basket case GS550 that is now a fine running good looking rat bike! "Rad Reda" is awesome. If any ladies ever go to a West Virginia or Red River Gorge Kentucky GS Meet-up/Rally, let me know, as she would feel more inclined to come if so. We go to West Virginia several times a year to ride & camp/hike/mountain bike/rock climb/white water raft.

Reda's bike, lowered 1.5" & shorter seat installed to make up for being 5'4" with short legs:
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                            ^^That's a "meaty" lookin' bike Chuck...the suspension in the back must be stiff; not much room to absorb what the road sends to the frame.

Of course, I like the color of the tank and the side covers (silver & black). As long as I can get a shine on the chrome, I won't be painting my front tire fender.

This bike also has a single disk up front and drums in the rear...apart from the spoke wheels and kick-start (8V engine/pods/bars/long pipe) she reminds me of my "T".

I'm glad you stuck with the GS and not the CB. Nice bike (if I forgot to mention it).

Ed
                            OK... I didn't understand how you took that! Sorry, by meaty I meant a muscular build. You kids have a naughty mind sometimes. See how easily I/you fell into that? I did not mean it in a 'dirty' sense, really.
                            You know, I used that phrase in this thread and meant it to mean: stocky/stout/husky.

But when it is used in the context such as what Gramma P suggested....well, I'm just gonna stay away from that insinuation.

Ed
                            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-29-2014, 10:06 PM.
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Yes I am here, I just go onto this forum. I am always on the off topics.

Comment

Glad you are here Mrs. Sooke! Hope Mr. Sooke is keeping you a happy woman. He must be if you're posting !!! Thanks Mr. S...
                                Red, get your head out of the gutter ... I really meant meaty on the arms and chest. HONEST! (...I'm just not into skinny guys, I guess...)

Comment

Working...
                                X