No announcement yet.

The GS Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bike looks great. I really like the seat, is that designed like a removable cap on the back covering the seat?

Comment

Originally posted by robs View Post
      The bike looks great. I really like the seat, is that designed like a removable cap on the back covering the seat?
      Yes it is, and could be used to store small stuff.
      I'm afraid I choke about stripping off the OEM stuff like mirrors, fenders, signals, because it's so hard to come by.
      I tried some bar end mirrors and dumped them because they make you look way down. I need to keep my eyes on the road in front.
      I did this project 6 years ago, but when I posted the pics here I just got dead air, no comments. Cafe was considered gaffe around here then.
      Glad this thread was started!
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Just stopped by to see what you butchers are up to.....

Heres one that looks pretty thought out. Price seems a little high but thats typical for this shop/salvage yard. Plus there's plenty of parts and labor too.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I love the transformations! Id love to meet more people with gs cafes! I just finished my Gs850c for cafe. Looks good everyone!
          Attached Files

Comment

Apparently the guy that rides this
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Rides this as well saw this at the job today. Same helmet. I was amused. Beaters are cool!
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Lost and side cover today wondering if anybody has some i can pick up. they would be for a 80' gs850g. Thank you!
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice color choice on the 850, I was thinking of a pastel yellow when I redo the tank & seat pan

Comment

I don't necessarily consider mine a "cafe"...at least not in the sense that the style has become, but in the sense that cafe racers originally emphasized improvements in performance and handling. (More emphasis on the "racer" part, I guess)

Attached Files
                    Last edited by 8ball; 07-02-2015, 02:57 PM.
                    1979 GS550, 2003 R6, 1998 XR400 Dual Sport, 2004 V-Star.........

Decisions, decisions, what to ride, today.
                    sigpic
                    My GS550 Build

Comment

Originally posted by lbuwalda View Post
                      Lost and side cover today wondering if anybody has some i can pick up. they would be for a 80' gs850g. Thank you!
                      Love the color, almost like mine. But your poor butt…torture padding there, looks as comfy as a church pew in Salem Mass.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by lbuwalda View Post
                        Love the color, almost like mine. But your poor butt! That's torture padding there, looks as comfy as a church pew in Salem Mass.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                          I don't necessarily consider mine a "cafe"...at least not in the sense that the style has become, but in the sense that cafe racers originally emphasized improvements in performance and handling. (More emphasis on the "racer" part, I guess)

Really nice photo and style 8ball!
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g
                          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

nice pictures everyone , ,.. looks good, keep um coming!

heres my contribution

i just finished messing around with a dynojet kit, i already had a kit from Sigma6 in it, it ran good, but a slight stumble/hesistation at around 3500rpm , i was still using the stock needles, so ordered a kit from dynojet, put that in, now its all good, now it runs perfect from idle to the end of the rpm-range

still gonna swap the pod-filters to APE-ones, i had the china-ones on-off a couple of times now,.. well lets just say, you get what you pay for

Comment

I like it! The exhaust wrap (in hand) and the shorty front fender are on my to-do list. I'm not sure what to do with my side covers. They are not so nice looking. Leaving them off would be pure cafe.

Comment

G-3, Though I see you have a kick start{lucky dog- my '80 doesn't}, how'd you loose the battery...or did you? I love the clean thru look with it being gone from the oem location. I miss my H-2s, Rd, CBs and KZ-B that had kick.{no choice on the H-2s and RD-lol}
                                Nice ride!

Comment

Working...
                                X