No announcement yet.

Another SVSooke what to paint my 750 poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What paint did you choose for your 85 750 EF?

Comment

Honestly I haven't.I should be stripping it down to sand all the paint off but the tins are still sitting on the bikeTo much stuff I NEED to get done with about 0 energy
      Edit:Interesting that silver and dark blue is in the lead with back to yellow secondYeah Joe Nardy's 1100 is at least part of the silver/blue thing but I had done my pre GSR GS650E in those colours to.Do I wish I had pics
      Last edited by Guest; 01-05-2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Bring back Old Yeller! That bike looked so good in that bright yellow. It want's to be Yellow again.

Comment

Guess I never said one of the reasons the silver/dark blue is one of my picks is that I want left over paint to do the stripes on my 82 GPzWaste not.........

Comment

Hmmmm..........
            Edit:Maybe with a darker blue?Yeah the poll is closed.KNEW there was a combo I'd missed
            Last edited by Guest; 01-25-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Well I think the winner in my head is the poll winner toThe more I think about it the better silver with dark blue sounds to me.Thanks to all who took the time to vote!The wife ain't fond of silver either is a plus

Comment

Well, too late to vote, but I think half the effect will be the graphic layout.
                I look at the fairing creases for line ideas, and a wide look at all the historic photos of bikes from the period, mostly the race bikes.
                What I dislike most about Suzuki colors is the Virgin Mary blue with white, really wimpy.
                The Yoshimura colors are great, and so are some other race team colors.
                I've found that the fairing creases I dislike can be hidden by the graphic layout of the paint.
                Mono color is boring, and sometimes hideous.
                Bad graphics can make a bike look clownish.
                Medium Blue is a popular color for circus clowns, so watch out with that.
                PS: I have 4 graphic designer books of and about color combinations.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Voted. Light silver and dark blue.
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-19-2016, 03:46 PM.

Comment

"WRAP" it.....{yeah, too late, I know}

Comment

Sorry I'm late but I will go with Red and Black

Comment

Red. Paint it red. Either fire engine red, or candy apple red. ALL motorcycles should be painted red.
                        Expecting the Spanish Inquisition
                        1981 GS850G: the Ratzuki
                        1981 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Lou View Post
                          Sorry I'm late but I will go with Red and Black
                          Six years is more than late! Geez
                          Ron
                          When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                          1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                          1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                          1982 GS1100E
                          1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post

Six years is more than late! Geez
                            True. SV made his goodbyes, stopped riding, and dropped out of the forum several years ago, I believe.
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

True. SV made his goodbyes, stopped riding, and dropped out of the forum several years ago, I believe.
                              I don't care, I'm still voting for red. Everybody knows the red bikes are the fastest ones.
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Yes, that is correct....why in the world would someone answer a 7 year old post?? Lol
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X