What is the age of GSRESOURCES members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the age of GSRESOURCES members?

Just wondering where everyone is at in life. Part of a old dodge cars forum and seam like people are running in their 60-70's there...
    under 25
    4.11%
    25-35
    10.96%
    35-45
    9.59%
    45-55
    30.14%
    55-65
    36.99%
    older than dirt
    8.22%

The poll is expired.

Since names are seen with the votes, I did not vote. Had it been anonymous, I would have voted.

Let's just say that I watched God make dirt.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Since names are seen with the votes, I did not vote. Had it been anonymous, I would have voted.

Interesting. The little bar that let's you view poll results and who voted in which category disappears once you vote. Don't remember seeing the polls behave that way before.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I wish I was younger, but I'm proud to have made it to at least 60.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
        Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I didn't see any names pop up for those who already voted

CORRECTION - I didn't see it when I first applied my vote but after going back into the results I can see names
          Last edited by cowboyup3371; 10-21-2017, 11:17 AM.
          sigpic
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I had to LOL this morning, we were at an intersection and my Wife said "Look at that Car", it was a Beautiful 1967 Camaro. She noted "looks like an old man driving it". I pointed out that "Old men" are the guys that can afford classic cars..............
            Last edited by marvinsc; 10-22-2017, 09:56 AM.
            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I don't care if anyone knows that I am older than dirt and been riding that long about as well.

V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

There's been "Age Polls" done before...it's leaning heavy towards 60s and up. I'm just a pup at 51.

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I'm 45 and I chose the "45-55" category and not the "35-45". Although maybe I should've chosen the latter since I'm not 45 and a half yet.

I had my 9th bikeaversary last week. Bought my first motorcycle, a 82GS550L, on 10/18/2008
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Too old for this voting crap

Comment

Well, from my observations here, a good majority of us here have had 70s & 80s motorcycles since the 70s & 80s.... so what does that tell you.

I could select the next to last category, for another couple weeks yet.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

​I could care less if anyone knows how old I am -- 58 and still kicking
                        Currently in the Stable :
                        2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                        1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                        - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

[Edit: deleted double post]
                          Last edited by Guest; 10-23-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

"Old enough to know better but still too young to care" is my stock answer.

Right now there's a neat coincidence in the results. There are 33 responses, and all the percentages are doubles: 6.06%, 12.12%, 30.30%, 45.45%

Also, I notice a distinct gap in age distribution. At the moment there's nobody in the 35-45 range. 18.18% are below that and 81.81% are above it. That tells me we have two different populations:

1) Young folks who can't afford a new bike, and
                            2) Old folks remembering their ill-spent youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hinermad View Post
                              "Old enough to know better but still too young to care" is my stock answer.

Right now there's a neat coincidence in the results. There are 33 responses, and all the percentages are doubles: 6.06%, 12.12%, 30.30%, 45.45%

Also, I notice a distinct gap in age distribution. At the moment there's nobody in the 35-45 range. 18.18% are below that and 81.81% are above it. That tells me we have two different populations:

1) Young folks who can't afford a new bike, and
                              2) Old folks remembering their ill-spent youth.
                              That 35-45 group may consist of many parents that may have given up the two wheel excitement for the sake of the kids. That description fit me too the tee. I got back on a bike 7 years ago when I turned 45 when the youngest of my progeny hit the age of 13.
                              GSRick
                              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Working...
                              X