Tam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tam

This is really difficult to write, and more involved than it appears. Tam died October 1, 2023, in Australia. (Sept30 up here) Tam’s husband asked that no social media posting be made, so I honoured that request until now. I know some of our members may wish to know of this as they not only knew Tam personally but worked very hard in giving her a chance to escape, and even opened their homes so she could stay with them, when her then-boyfriend’s violence escalated, and police were of no help.

For all of your help and generosity, I deeply thank every one of you, and also Frank, who endured problems caused by said boyfriend and his friends/accomplices.

After that was resolved Tam met an Australian man and they married. She moved to Australia and became a well-respected veterinary technician..

Tam was diagnosed with bipolar disorder more than twenty years ago. It was kept under control by medication that allowed her to lead her normal life. In September, her doctor changed her prescription and while she was still adjusting to the new medication she overdosed on it.

Tam was my first-born child and only daughter. When speaking to others while in my presence she always referred to herself as my favourite daughter. From the day of her birth, she was not just that, she was my favourite child.​
    "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Sorry for the loss. Hoping you can cherish all them good memories, and gradually not even think about the others.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Geez, I hate to hear about losing the founding members of this forum. She had the most engaging threads and posts. Wow ! just looks at these names from 04. Brings back memories.....

Condolences

Tam's Great Adventure - I added pics! - The GSResources Forums
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

OK, this almost makes you tear up. I proclaim this the GSR Mantra

As I sit here typing this I smile. This has been a truly awesome trip! I spent a great deal of time in thought as I rode, admiring the beauty around me, the feel of the air racing past me, the utter sense of freedom. Being a woman, this trip meant taking a chance. I travelled alone, meeting with people, some of which I had not previously met (except through GSR) to ride with, and covered 3200 km/2000 miles mostly alone through two countries. For years I have dreamed of being adventurous but too afraid to actually do something daring. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!!!!!! Had I not had the bike, odds are I would never have even entertained the possibility of such a trip. Riding had freed my soul by allowing me to take a chance, to test my limits and just be. Oh, how I love to ride!
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Thank you, Dave.
          Tam was introduced to motorcycling at a very early age. .
          I did not own a car at the time so I rode my Moto Guzzi year-round, regardless of weather.
          She was five when I finally found a helmet that fit her.

As long as the weather was good, and not too cold, other than to/from work, which she also did a few times, everywhere I went, Tam went with me.

On her first trip into US of Eh? she saw Niagara Falls from both sides, while snugged up against the backrest with bungee cords on the way home to keep her safe when she got tired..
          During the next two years...which is when her mother and I split...she logged a lot of miles, and loved every minute of them..

Last edited by argonsagas; 03-20-2024, 08:13 AM.
          "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

So sorry to hear this. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Deepest Condolences.
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Very sorry for your loss, Ron.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

I am truly sorry for your loss.
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

A warm hug from me also.
                    She is scouting the sky.
                    GS1000G '81

Comment

Hey Ron. Truly sorry for your loss. You have my condolences. I remember Tam from when I was new here. As I recall she offered me advice after our dog got blasted by a skunk.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Never had the pleasure, but she sounds like a wonderful person. So sorry for your loss, Ron.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this Ron, I chatted with Tam a few times and always enjoyed her wit.
                          Currently bikeless
                          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

My prayers are with your family and her husband. God speed Tam.
                            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                            X