No announcement yet.

RIP PntrDave (Dave Davis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long for now friend. Save me a spot, I hope by the time I get there I will be ready for one of your "sight seer, Smell the roses " rides.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Be sure to add the comments in the off topic forum as well. Ride on pntrdave!

Comment

My sincere condolences to family and friends.

As many mentioned, a very sad time for all.

Comment

I was told a copy of this would be presented to the family.

I'm sorry I can't be there tomorrow. Dave will be remembered. That's the best that can be said about anybody. Memories of him, and stories with him will outlast any memorial.

Thank you. I'm glad I got to share some time with him.
          You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
          If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
          1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
          1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
          1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
          1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
          1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

UPDATE 11:09pm: Unfortunately I have been suffering from some kind of digestive tract problem most of the day and it has escalated into "praying to the porcelein g-d..."

I was planning to print this thread (and the other one) out and leave it with the family, but unless I make a major improvement overnight I will probably miss Dave's funeral

SO... I would greatly appreciate if one of you other fine GSR'rs who are going to the funeral would be so kind as to copy off this thread (and the other one Scott started) and step up and say a few words on behalf of the GSR community if I am unable to attend. I will update you in the morning as to my status, but figured I should give one or more of you a chance to move forward as soon as possible...

Damn, I hope this thing passes - I so do not want to miss Dave!

'nite,

Comment

Sorry to see you go Dave at such a premature time.
              Ride on, my friend....

Comment

Last Update: It wasn't a good night for Planecrazy Steve ... as much as I had wanted to make it to the funeral I'm just not going to be able to swing it - a sour stomach has sidelined me. Ride safe, guys, and please extend my deepest condolences to Andy, and the rest of Dave's family...

Regards,

Comment

I just printed out this entire thread and will give it to Andy today.

I'll be on my way in about half an hour.
                  sigpic

SUZUKI:
                  1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                  HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                  KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                  YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                    I just printed out this entire thread and will give it to Andy today.

I'll be on my way in about half an hour.
                    Thanks again, Brett! You're a good friend!!

Regards,

Comment

Rip

R.I.P.

read many a good thing from Dave over the years here. God speed.

Comment

Just made it back home. Very nice service to remember a very loved man.

Comment

For reference:
                          PntrDave's last posts. Both on BrownCounty thread.

THis on May 23rd
                          Originally posted by pntrdave
                          As you all know my legs were bothering me all weekend, and had been bothering me for several weeks before that. I had had ultrasound doppler scan done and no blood clots found. May 19th I woke up and couldn't breathe, I went to the ER with severe leg pain chest pains and shortness of breath, turns out after 6 hours in ER I have several blood clots in each lung, and both legs have lots of clots. Spent Thurs. and Fri. in ICU, Sat. and today in regular room, they think I'll be here another 3 or 4 days. It seems the blood clots are kind of the least of my worries. They also found a mass the size of a golf ball on one of my lungs. They say the clots should be cleared up in a few weeks, after that they will do a biopsy on the mass and be able to tell me what the mass is. Won't know anything until after the biopsy.
                          THis a couple days later
                          Originally posted by pntrdave
                          Yeah my spirits are pretty high. Not going to stress about the mass untill we know what it is. Kinda hoping it is scar tissue from all the harsh chemicals I've used over the years as a painter. I've got lots of work lined up so I can get money saved up for RRR.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I just made it in. 523 miles round trip on the G, no issues as usual.

I'm very glad I went. I'm also glad that both Billy Oliver and Skreemer made it there as well. I spent about an hour talking with Dave's lovely sister, Kathy. I have a lot to tell about Dave's final days, and final hours. I'll give all the details tomorrow, I have to get up in six hours and go to work.

Rest easy all in knowing that Dave's final hours were spent with his family, and he was able to say everything to them that he needed to, and they to him. His pain was gone, and at the end he peacefully slid into sleep.
                            sigpic

SUZUKI:
                            1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                            HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                            KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                            YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally Posted by pntrdave
                              YeaOh my spirits are pretty high. Not going to stress about the mass untill we know what it is. Kinda hoping it is scar tissue from all the harsh chemicals I've used over the years as a painter. I've got lots of work lined up so I can get money saved up for RRR.
                              I can relate. I've been at it longer than Dave and worked with some horrible stuff. I have it luckier than generations before me that worked in the paint and wallpaper trades. Still you run into the same things the old timers ran into. Asbestos, lead based paints, mercury, arsenic, strychnine, molds, toxic vapors, breathing silica, and a laundry list of others; not to mention the wear and tear on the body.

Being self-employed isn't always peaches and cream either. Many at some point will have tax problems, especially early on when you may have to rob Peter to pay Paul. In the case of small contractors like Dave you have to be diligent and there are no excuses or anyone else to blame if something doesn't go quite right. I've had jobs that once I started them I find I've seriously underbid. All you can do is suck it up, honor the price, and don't cut any corners trying to save a few bucks.

That Dave could be tough enough to make a living being self-employed in a trade that doesn't get much respect and remain the upbeat guy he was shows the kind of strength not many people possess. The world needs more people like him.

Comment

RIP Dave...One hellava guy.

Al Jones
                                82 Suzuki GS850GL
                                97 Suzuki TL1000S
                                "Godspeed and may your rubber not fail".
                                Bill Cosby - "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
                                sigpic

___ -\
                                (O)--(O)

Comment

Working...
                                X