Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wazz went down (Remembering Tina Wasserott)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg,

You have been on my mind and on the mind of many who follow this site.

Your post, in some way, gave me a sigh of relief, comforted me, not sure of the words I'm looking for, other than I somehow needed to read a post from you. I needed to know that you're hanging in there through this tough time. Thank you for posting.

God Bless. Hope to see you soon.
    Victor Kolb
    '80 GS1100L -
    '85 GS550L -
    '04 Bandit 1200S - gone
    '02 BMW R1150 RT - gone as well
    '15 Triumph Bonneville NewChurch
    '17 Triumph Tiger 80 XRx

Comment

You know something that I have noticed? I am a member of several other motorcycle sites or forums and there are never ever this many people online or taking part in something so special like this. This is a community and a family. Even though I never met Greg or Tina my heart still goes out to Greg and his family. It is sad when something happens to a member of your family. My prayers are with you. Rest in God.

Comment

Originally posted by blokv1100 View Post
        Greg,

You have been on my mind and on the mind of many who follow this site.

Your post, in some way, gave me a sigh of relief, comforted me, not sure of the words I'm looking for, other than I somehow needed to read a post from you. I needed to know that you're hanging in there through this tough time. Thank you for posting.

God Bless. Hope to see you soon.
        exactly how I feel, Greg I hope as time helps sort things out for you that you continue to be part of our family and I get to see you again at some point.

Comment

I have only just read this thread and am Sorry to hear of the Loss of Tina. It just goes to show that it can happen to anyone and none of us are invinsible. All it takes is 1 stone out of place and your worst dreams are coming true. Hope you have a speedy recovery Greg and are back on a bike soon.

Life is never over, We just move onto the Next Level.

Josh

Comment

Greg,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Shocked is an understatement. Words, quite frankly, have no meaning in a time like this. Having known you and Tina for the last several years has been an extreme pleasure. Getting to know you two better was one of the best parts of any rally I went on. I just don't have words to.........
            You and your family are in my prayers. God bless you and your children and Grand children.

Dave aka DMPLATT.

Comment

Just thought it was update our GSR friends and family.
              The support and love shown by our riding friends has been truly impressive from the very moment we lost Tina. This is an amazing little community as most of us know.

You may someday forget your actions and kind words, but we will always cherish your kindness. Please accept my sincerest heartfelt thanks.

It was 4 months before I could return to work, still dealing with a new "pimp" walk, but otherwise I have physically recovered.
              In the middle of the night a few month ago, I made a list of all the things I told Tina I would do and checking projects off that list has given me some comfort. Strange maybe, but it has helped me. I still have a lot of coping to do, but perhaps in time...
              Our children are all working and attending college, they all deeply miss their mom, but have gone on to make her proud at every opportunity. Great kids..

I have been often asked if I will now give up this motorcycle foolishness....maybe someday, but for the moment there are roads, hills and curves I need to ride.
              The skunk is being parted out, the connie will be sold or traded for a dual-sport and the SV will be my main ride. Not etched in stone, but a riding plan none the less.

Thanks again for all the support and be proud of the GSR community, as I am.

-Greg Wasserott "wazz"
              Loud pipes saves squirrel lives.....

Comment

I hope this doesn't sound wrong but I am sure that Tina is proud of all of you and although I didn't know her I would think she's probably teasing you about finally getting them done. Keep holding on to your memories, make some new ones, and stay strong.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Wazz...thanks for posting. You are missed when you're not here but we understand and you do what you need to do.

I just have to say that I think you are amazing and I'm glad to know you. Wish we got to spend more time together. Maybe we can fix that after the 1st of the year.

Joe, Tim, and I pondered your motorcycling future on our ride home from KY that day. Of course we support and stand by you regardless of your choice, but I'm glad to see you continue to ride. Mostly I'm glad to see you continue to ride for selfish reasons because it means I'll get to ride with you more and I'm looking forward to that!

Thanks again for posting the update. Talk to you soon.
                  Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                  Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

You're a good man, Wazz...

Cannot wait to ride with you again...
                    Last edited by Baatfam; 12-02-2010, 03:13 PM.
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Glad to hear that the healing is coming along, Greg! Look forward to riding with you again, and I have no doubt that Tina will always be our co-pilot when we're with you, Pal!

Sorry we missed each other last Sunday, but I'll let you know next time I'm in the area...

Regards,

Comment

Good to hear from you Greg, You cross my mind quite often. Hope to see you in Indiana in May.
                        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Wazz, I simply can't find anything to say but 'Peace be with You!'

Comment

To a good man and his wife who I always admired.

Gregg,
                            When Victor called me and told me of the accident. I was detvested and could not get the thought of how broken and lost you must have felt. My most sincere sympathy goes out to you and your family for your tragic loss of such a wonderful, wife and loving companion. You will always remain in my thoughts of being a man of extreme character and devoted husband. Tina would wanted the decision you made. She knew your Passion better than anyone.
                            Dennyh

Comment

I don't read a lot here during the winter, but I wanted to add a quick note, mainly because reading this thread makes me see how great this place is. Looking forward to riding with you all next year, a safe riding season, and beginning to clear our heads of this past year as best we can. It's been a tough year to say the least.

Happy New Year to everyone!

~Adam

Comment

Greg, you sent me a PM about attending this ride. I couldn't make it, and saw the story of your accident on the news.

I don't know what to say. I didn't know what to say.

I cry when I think about your loss. Forgive me for not replying sooner. I have prayed for you, Tina and your family.
                                May God bless you.
                                Ahh man. I should have got in touch, but I didn't, I'm sorry.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X