Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wazz went down (Remembering Tina Wasserott)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg,

Words well spoken! Thoughts and prayers are with you and the kids.

Comment

Hey Greg,

It was an honor to meet you. I wish we had had more time to BS. I'm sure I'll see you again. I hope you come out again next year. You are welcome here anytime. Best wishes and prayers for continued strength.
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I don't know Greg and Tina, but I understand the pain of the loss. My deepest condolences go out to Greg and the families. As the shock and hurt fades, the good memories and the love shared will remain, and that's how we make peace with the loss of loved ones. Keep on keepin' on.....

Comment

Wazz,

Think about you guys everyday. Love you man!

Comment

Greg,
            It was a privilege to meet you at Brown County. I never had the honor of meeting Tina, but she lives on in the spirits of yourself, and the amazing people I met in Indiana. Each person here knows we lost a family member last year. My deepest condolences go to you and your family.

It's common knowledge that I went down on Route 250 on the way back from the rally. Damage was non-existent. To say I got lucky is a hell of an understatement. The worst that happened was my mirror apparatus was wiggled to the side. I wound up upside-down in the softest ditch in Southern Indiana. Not only was I not sore the following day, but I didn't even crush the two packs of clove cigarettes I had purchased for my girlfriend and subsequently landed on. Honestly, the chances of getting out a get-off that easily are probably on-par with winning the lottery.

It may not be my place to say this. I kind of feel like I ought to though. Everyone's beliefs run a little differently. However, I honestly feel like there was some level of intervention here. I was spared. I feel like someone spared me. I could have just as easily wiped out dead in the center of the road. I could have landed in a pile of jagged rocks. I did not. Those of us who are Christian may like to think an angel protected me. A more agnostic individual may think that balance was upheld in the universe by not allowing another rider to be injured when someone else had paid too steep of a price just a short time prior.

Personally, I believe Tina's spirit refused to allow me to be hurt in a rally named in her honor. I think it really does work like that. This is what I choose to believe. And I felt like I had to share that.
            1982 Suzuki GS650G - "Blackbird"
            sigpic
            Progressive Fork Springs; Gas piggyback shocks; Electrosport Stator; Dyna 3 Ohm Coils; Shindengen SH775 Series Regulator/Rectifier; Avon Road-Rider Tires; Salty Monk Front Brake Mod [CBR Aftermarket Rotors, Concours Calipers / Master Cylinder]; Steel brake lines
            [Much Love to my wrenching Jedis: TheCafeKid, Steve, Dogma; without you, Bird's awesomeness would remain unrealized.]
            http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...psef4f3ca6.jpg

Comment

<== Chocolate Milk
              sigpic

Comment

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'm happy the chocolate milk toast is celebrated, makes me smile.

For the benefit of those who may not know, Tina always capped a days ride with a choclate milk. Following her service, everyone raised a glass in her memory.
                  Pretty cool IMHO

It was one of those small things, but as Greg White (gbw) said "I'll never drink choclate milk again without thinking of Tina".

Thanks for keeping Tina in your thoughts and prayers.

-greg
                  Loud pipes saves squirrel lives.....

Comment

Originally posted by wazz View Post
                    I'm happy the chocolate milk toast is celebrated, makes me smile.

For the benefit of those who may not know, Tina always capped a days ride with a choclate milk. Following her service, everyone raised a glass in her memory.
                    Pretty cool IMHO

It was one of those small things, but as Greg White (gbw) said "I'll never drink choclate milk again without thinking of Tina".

Thanks for keeping Tina in your thoughts and prayers.

-greg
                    Greg,

Greg is absolutely right. Not only do fond thoughts of Tina come up with every chocolate milk consumed, but I usually wind up mentioning its significance to whoever I'm with. Tina winds up touching people who never met her, and her memory carries on.

Regards,

Comment

Awe Greg,
                      I just saw this and am so terribly sorry I haven't expressed my sincere concern for you and your deep feeling of loss. God be with you.

BTW: She's still here. Spirits do not die.

Sending buckets of love,
                      pmint

ps. I LOVE chocolate milk and will toast you both...right now!!!

Comment

Haven't logged on in quite a while, thought it may be time.

Today would have been Tina's 55th birthday, gone for 5 1/2 years.

Time marches on and we somehow keep moving along, not always easy, but you have little choice.
                        Birthdays, holiday days and most of all Mothers Day are tough for the kids, but they also get thru it, they understand the world doesn't end because of loss or despair...

Grief is a b*tch, but guilt is a far worse. Missing someone hurts, but what hurts even more is knowing you're the reason that they are gone. My cross to bear...

That being said, Tina will never get old or sick, and will forever remain just as we remember her, happily riding along.
                        Loud pipes saves squirrel lives.....

Comment

Originally posted by wazz View Post
                          Haven't logged on in quite a while, thought it may be time.

Today would have been Tina's 55th birthday, gone for 5 1/2 years.

Time marches on and we somehow keep moving along, not always easy, but you have little choice.
                          Birthdays, holiday days and most of all Mothers Day are tough for the kids, but they also get thru it, they understand the world doesn't end because of loss or despair...

Grief is a b*tch, but guilt is a far worse. Missing someone hurts, but what hurts even more is knowing you're the reason that they are gone. My cross to bear...

That being said, Tina will never get old or sick, and will forever remain just as we remember her, happily riding along.
                          Greg,

My heart goes out to you on difficult days like today, and Tina is fondly remembered and thought of more often than you may know. I hope it makes you smile to know that earlier today, for no particular reason, I had the urge to have a big rich extra chocolaty cup of the good stuff, and I did - perhaps that was Tina's influence? Seeing your post and realizing that I raised a glass to her without even realizing it made me smile. ;-)

Comment

There are times when words ring hollow but Greg, I hope and pray you sense the support and good will sent your way today and every day from people from all over, some who you have never met and some of us who get to share a couple of days with you once in a great while.
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Geez ! I never met either one of you but this story hurts every time it comes up. Ill be 55 in a month. I'm compelled to make one of these rally's in her honor. Greg, I wish you and the Wazz family peace.....
                              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Greg, I've always been told that a couple compliments each other. Though I never met Tina, I have had the pleasure of meeting and riding with you the last two years at BC and I'm sure she was one heck of a nice person. My thoughts are with you and your family.
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X