No announcement yet.

RIP Tom Murphy, aka TomMLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GS rallies will never be the same.... Tom talked me (as a new rider) into going to that first Yosemite trip and then let me ride behind him for a couple of days learning. He then talked me into organizing the Julian one. Lots of good memories looking at the pics above.

I'm sad I didn't get to see him in the last year. Too much travel means I will miss the memorial, I fly in from china Friday.

I'm sure you guys attending will help to relay my condolences.

I spoke to him the day before he went, he was still trying to be brave for sure...

1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
      The GS rallies will never be the same.... Tom talked me (as a new rider) into going to that first Yosemite trip and then let me ride behind him for a couple of days learning. He then talked me into organizing the Julian one. Lots of good memories looking at the pics above.

I'm sad I didn't get to see him in the last year. Too much travel means I will miss the memorial, I fly in from china Friday.

I'm sure you guys attending will help to relay my condolences.

I spoke to him the day before he went, he was still trying to be brave for sure...

Sure will, Mr. Monk

Comment

Karen and I will be heading down friday to pay our respects. He was a great man and a great rider. If anyone is comming through Sacramento and needs to take a break or wants to carpool into SJ, drop me a line.

Comment

Tom's daughter Michelle asked Bruce and I to be ushers so we will be meeting out front about 4. If you're lost or have questions I'll probably have my cell phone up until about 4:30 and my number is 408-426-1663.

-Bob

Comment

RIP Tom

I would have loved to make it down but unfortunately I am shackled and unable to get time off from work....and wife and I are still in plans for our overseas wedding ceremony *a lot of work in itself coordinating all the flights*

Tom was a great person to shoot information off of and one heck of a speedy devil on his 1100... I think the best memory I will have of Tom is from the first GSR Rally I attended where him and I were at the front of the pack and passed a certain officer going the other way at 'generous amounts of speed' he didn't stop and neither did I so we outran the law that day together all the way back to Happy Camp... others who were there and in the back were not as lucky - I remember a few colorful gestures too... - definitely a memory I will remember for a long time...

I'm sure Tom is up their driving the folks crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by Kcwiro View Post
              I would have loved to make it down but unfortunately I am shackled and unable to get time off from work....and wife and I are still in plans for our overseas wedding ceremony *a lot of work in itself coordinating all the flights*

Tom was a great person to shoot information off of and one heck of a speedy devil on his 1100... I think the best memory I will have of Tom is from the first GSR Rally I attended where him and I were at the front of the pack and passed a certain officer going the other way at 'generous amounts of speed' he didn't stop and neither did I so we outran the law that day together all the way back to Happy Camp... others who were there and in the back were not as lucky - I remember a few colorful gestures too... - definitely a memory I will remember for a long time...

I'm sure Tom is up their driving the folks crazy...
              He liked you alot Scott. We would give you crap for being slow and he always had your back.
              You're not so slow now.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Good to know

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                He liked you alot Scott. We would give you crap for being slow and he always had your back.
                You're not so slow now.
                That is very nice to know I was certainly apt at taking the groups jibes regardless of my young years - being up where I am I did not really get to know Tom as much in person as if I had been closer to come down more often I would have loved riding more on the weekends with him. Unfortunately all I have now are regrets....not being present at Tom's last rally this past summer is definitely one of them...

just so happens Tom_MLC passing also coincided with another old friend of mine I known since I was 18 passing away from cancer ... they got me into rally cars and certainly never let up on me either taught me the all or nothing go 100% or not at all.. his name was also Tom too | certainly hearing about Tom_MLC passing as well in JAN was a double tap to me to lose two people I knew under similar circumstance was just a real shocker

----

...Give his family my best, wish I could have been down there for this but the cards seem to be stacked against me on timing right now...

I'll have to try and turn those tables and see about being more visible when socials come around.

Comment

Tom's service was very moving guys. Tom touched a LOT of lives & was a good man. He was very loved & will be missed. I was blessed to know him, Ray

Comment

Amazing service, fitting for an amazing guy. It was really nice to meet all the fellow GSRs. Thanks everyone

Comment

Hi,

A few pictures from Tom's service.

Bob, Bruce, Beth, Bill, Ray, Charlie, Mark, Cliff, Kent, and one of Tom's bikes that Bob is now looking after.

Tom has a beautiful family and I was glad I got the chance to meet them. It was a beautiful and fitting service. I knew Tom was a good guy but I did not know until now what a *GREAT* guy he was; husband, father, brother, son, friend, servant, and leader. When the family took turns speaking I could feel the loss and hurt but I could also feel the love and strength that Tom had imparted to each of them. Until we see you in the next life, Tom, you will be missed, your memory will be cherished.

May God continue to bless Tom's family through their loss, bring them comfort, healing, and peace.

For anyone who'd like to download full resolution copies of these and other pictures I have of Tom, click here on my Skydrive.

Thank you,

Cliff
                      Last edited by Guest; 02-10-2013, 01:13 AM.

Comment

rip tom ride on ride on !

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Cliff.

I only knew Tom from a few PMs from the drawing for the bike.

He looks and sounds like he was one of the good ones.

Thanks again,

Tim

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                            Hi,

A few pictures from Tom's service. ...

Thank you,

Cliff

Thank you for the pictures ... Tom will be missed

Comment

I got a nice card from the family thanking Amanda and myself for coming to pay our respects.
                              It was very nice.
                              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                                I got a nice card from the family thanking Amanda and myself for coming to pay our respects.
                                It was very nice.
                                Me too. I was touched. Nami and the family are nice people.

Tom will be missed.

Cliff

Comment

Working...
                                X