Viva Las Vegas.....from Vancouver Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viva Las Vegas.....from Vancouver Island

My wife texted me when I was on my trip to Ontario in the summer saying "I'm booking flights to Vegas for my brother's 40th birthday party (he lives there) do want to fly or ride your motorcycle and meet us there"?
    Now that is a perfect wife! I'm a lucky man....I was in the middle of a 4 week trip and she asked that.
    Anyway my wife and son have now decided to drive for the adventure and we don't want to leave Oreo alone (yes she's still hanging in there )
    I'm headed to Ellensburg to John Day then on to Moab and through Monument Valley over to Vegas....
    On the way home I will go through Death Valley to hit the California coast and take the coast all the way home.
    Looking forward to a good solo ride.
    Bike goes in tomorrow for it's second set of tires....16,300kms on it since late May.
    I'll post updates along the way, Cheers
    No signature

Bon Voyage. Looking forward to pics and stories. Yes, she’s a keeper, for sure.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
      Bon Voyage. Looking forward to pics and stories. Yes, she’s a keeper, for sure.
      Thanks Rich. I’m not even going to make reservations, which is different for me lol
      No signature

Comment

Yikes! I'm worn out just thinking about it! Have a good trip! And I hope Oreo will enjoy the dry climate-supposed to be good for the ol'bones....

Comment

Great ride. I rode Mr. Max down a few decades ago though.
          1986 1150EF
          2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Has your wife got any sisters?
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              Has your wife got any sisters?
              Lol....just the bother in Las Vegas...and he's a lawyer.....yuck! Lol
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Lol....just the bother in Las Vegas...and he's a lawyer.....yuck! Lol
                'Bother'-in-law? Freudian slip?
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

'Bother'-in-law? Freudian slip?
                  Holy crap I can't believe I've never put that together.....lol
                  No signature

Comment

envious, sounds like a great trip

Comment

Hi guys, I'm sitting in a motel in Hurricane Utah....3000kms so far...I ended up leaving Saturday on the 5pm ferry...rode to meet Janice and Liam in Monroe Wa...they went early to go to car drifting races...then Sunday we all headed for John Day Oregon...

First pic was on the canyon road from Ellensburg to Yakima....one of my favorites

Coming into Goldendale Wa

Next outside of Condon Wa

Janice with Oreo...it was fun riding to the same spot to stay with my family...

The motel had these bucket wash kits made up for bikers...nice touch

No signature

Comment

On Monday I was going to ride to Reno Nv but I got spooked riding out of JD into the forest....I was thinking deer...been thinking a lot about them....I turned around and decided to make my original plan of going to Moab happen...
                        This was 20 miles into the day...lol....33mph in a 25mph....nice cops and wrote me a warning ticket.

Adrian Or. Snake River

Breakfast in Brigham Ut

No signature

Comment

All my days have been over 500 mile days....Monday I was going to look at staying in Twin Falls Idaho but felt like I could go further and ended up in Tremonton Utah.....I was 75kms from Tremonton when I realized I would need stop for gas...pulled into a station off the highway and all the power was out and an AAA guy sold me a gallon from his jerry can...lol
                          Oh and I love the 80mph speed limits....lol

Another pic if John Day...fell in love with JD back 7-8 years ago on a GS rally....we need to do those again

And I always wanted to take 128 into Moab...wow that was great!

And I managed to find a room in Moab that only cost me an arm....lol

​​​​​​​
                          No signature

Comment

Today (Wed) I was a little late going....ended up doing 700kms though but got off the road later then I like....Moab to Hurricane and into Arizona for a bit too....Famous Monument Valley....love this place
                            Oh and Late Sept is a great time to see these places...not too hot and the summer traffic.

Outside Mexican Hat

Forest Gump hill

And this was the last pic I took tonight at 7:19pm

No signature

Comment

Wow, Trevor!
                              Some great pics of some great scenery.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                              X