Headed to Ontario...on a Honda...yikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok.....
    So the I left on Thursday July 6th...took the 3pm ferry and crossed into Blaine Wa at 5:30...I left at this time so that I wouldn't have to cross the border in the morning when it's so busy.
    I mentioned here that the steering head bearing was notched....therefore the bike wanted to wander....and was slightly unsteady in corners....when I crossed the border it became apparent to me that this might not be enjoyable or wise for that matter, to ride 6 days and 4400kms across the country...lol
    I decided I would "get used to it"....and thankfully I did.
    I made no motel reservations for this trip...travelling alone I decided to stop when and where I felt like stopping each day.
    Because of the late start I only managed 220kms the first day and pulled in at Marble Mount Wa.....this would leave me an amazing morning riding over the Cascade mountain range.
    Saw some cabins and that was it....around 7:30pm

And they even had a little dive bar....

And what a glorious morning it was....breakfast first

If this interests you let me know....it's a lot of work lol

No signature

Comment

Beautiful pictures. Well worth looking at. That's some beautiful countryside that I'd never see otherwise!! Thank You!

Comment

Keep 'em coming.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Always look forward to pics of your trips.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Hwy 20 through the Cascades is spectacular.....it didn't open this year until sometime in June....this is near the summit at 1669 metres

Hwy 17 near Brewster Wa

It was pretty hot on day two....I normally have breakfast and then that's it till I stop for the day....but I decided to stop for a later lunch in Wilbur Wa on hwy 2
            It was here that I asked them to fill up my Toronto Maple Leafs water bottle and promptly forgot it there....lol

I wanted to stop in Bonners Ferry Idaho for the night and found this place on the outskirts of town.....nice spot. The owner was super friendly and I got their last room! Really enjoyed this place in all its log glory.

Oh and the Honda.....by this time I was regretting telling my cousin I would sell him the bike.....I have made fun of my friend's ST Honda's for years....lol...I was so impressed with this bike....so comfortable without sacrificing fun and sport riding. I could ride this thing all day..not enough O's in the word smooth!
            So quite too....I am getting old. Lol
            And I wanted to stare at it in my motel parking lot....which is always a good sign

Awesome room.....I did spend more in general on rooms though....it's gotten so expensive to travel since covid

Gotta get to the gym....this trip to a lot out of me...lol....I'll post more later. Cheers

No signature

Comment

Good stuff, Trevor....
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hope you slept in the bunk bed.
                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Next up....Montana!

I stopped in Columbia Falls MT so that I could return a room key that I accidently took with me last year on our way home from Ontario....dropped it in the key box.....I'm sure they wondered what the heck? Lol
                  Then I had lunch at the Gunslinger Saloon...we had a great time there last year. Really beautiful bar. Just look at the ceiling

It was another hot day...and I opted to wear my cooling vest with no jacket in the afternoon...don't feel great about not wearing a jacket but the heat was crazy.

I was going to stay in Havre MT and arrived there at around 6pm but the only motel there was full....and I was not about to stay in a place I couldn't park my bike in front of and relax with a cold one beside my bike. So I travelled down hwy 2 for another 70kms to Harlem MT....pretty slim pickings there but I checked in at The Moonlight Motel.....a wonderful woman checked me in...she told me here and her husband, a farmer bought and renovated the motel after she retired as a school teacher in Harlem....they named it Moonlight because they were "moonlighting" from their regular jobs.

What an amazing evening....I washed the days bugs off my bike and sat and watched the sun go down on another day on the road.....I remember feeling very happy and peaceful.

Beside the motel was a yet another weed shop...the motel owner told me they were great neighbours and that the owner was a former grade two student of hers....lol

Last edited by trevor; 07-25-2023, 12:06 AM.
                  No signature

Comment

You and your bike both look like you're having a great time!!

Comment

Here you go Trevor.

Glad you had a great transcontinent trip.
                      How about a Gold River run?
                      Last edited by Rkz!b; 07-25-2023, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkz!b View Post
                        Here you go Trevor.

Glad you had a great transcontinent trip.
                        How about a Gold River run?
                        Hi Rick,
                        Sold the bike in Ontario....Gold River, funny you should ask....I'm working on something and will keep you in the loop if you like....also working on an interior ride to Toad Rock
                        No signature

Comment

Great shots as always, like Rich says, enjoying any road trip photos you post.

I stayed in Harlem MT on my one & only long trip back from Michigan.
                          I tried to ride home from Harlem to Bellingham (989 miles) in one day on the Kat, thru Lolo & Hwy 20.
                          After 18 hours in the saddle, I made it to a turn out between Twisp & Winthrop & fell asleep immediately in the dirt.
                          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Canada is so laid back. We could learn so much from them (we as in U.S.A.). IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
                              Canada is so laid back. We could learn so much from them (we as in U.S.A.). IMHO.
                              I'm curious how you get that from my posts?
                              No signature

Comment

The few times I've been the the Ontario Province, it seemed very laid back, and the people were very friendly. I've never been out to the B.C section, it is so beautiful out there, from the pictures I've seen, and the pictures you are posting, where your bike is just parked and not being harassed, a lot of places in New England aren't very friendly to bikers. those pis are great, by the way.

The weed shops. The U.S. is so uptight about weed. It's just been decriminalized in Connecticut. But there are so few places you can get it, (4 in the whole state) and they charge and arm and a leg. I have been able to get Medical Marijuana because of my Spinal Cord injuries, but the State of Connecticut requires that I pay them $100 dollars for the dealer fee. I am under pain management, it's hard enough just paying for the wed, the fact that the state taxes you for it, and makes you pay $100 bucks a year for the privilege is a bit much.

I don't like to smoke anyways, and would rather consume it, but to be honest, the buzz lasts too long. I used to grow the stuff back in the '70's and '80's, I was on my 6th generation Sinsemilla plants, 18 feet high with 6" diameter stalks, but I lost the place where I could grow it at. I stopped smoking back then. Having road side shops, I doubt that will ever happen down here, in my State, anyways.

Your posts are great, your pictures are great. Am I reading too much into them? Seem like a great place to be to me. .

Comment

Working...
                                X