No announcement yet.

Memphis TN to Madisonville LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Patti! The kids are great and we always have a good time together! Glad you enjoyed the pics!

Comment

Great gike also, did I mention that?
      Gotta give it to those Hondas...really put together well.

Comment

Yep, she'll ride and ride and ride! I'm really glad I didn't have any mechanical probs! She held up just fine! I really LOVE my bike! And she's comfortable!

Comment

Thanks for the interesting report and pictures, Cruzr.

Having been born and living in New Orleans for 25 years, it was nostalgic to hear the names and accounts of the places you visited. I have been to most of them at one time or another. It brings back memories.

Comment

Nice pics and description.

I too was in Nachez once, and enjoyed some of the same scenes that you posted.

Rode the Naches Trace, which is a National Park scenic/historical road. It goes from Nashville TN to Nachez MS. Isnt as scenic as, say, Blue Ridge Parkway, but is similar in that is limited access, 35-45 mph, no comermcail traffic and almost no crossroads. Was reading your descriptioon looking to see if you had concidered going on that. But, it isnt a road to take if your are trying to get anywhere in any time, because it goes to mostly nowhere and takes a long time to get there.
            Last edited by Redman; 12-02-2006, 08:59 AM. Reason: spulling

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Rode the Naches Trace, which is a National Park scenic/historical road. It goes from Nashville TN to Nachez MS. Isnt as scenic as, say, Blue Ridge Parkway, but is similar in that is limited access, 35-45 mph, no comermcail traffic and almost no crossroads. Was reading your descriptioon looking to see if you had concidered going on that. But, it isnt a road to take if your are trying to get anywhere in any time, because it goes to mostly nowhere and takes a long time to get there.
              I considered taking the Trace and I have travelled on bits and pieces of it along the way since I lived in the Jackson MS area for years. I wasn't sure about fuel stops and since I hadn't planned to take that route and knowing that sections of it are very desolate, I opted against it. I figured I'd better plan for it before I do it. The Trace is really pretty! Some sections are up to 55mph and the Trace cops make sure everyone complies!

Comment

Working...
              X