No announcement yet.

Portland, OR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a great ride. There are a few spots where the road is due for repairs (just some potholes) 5 miles outside of Estacada, but they're avoidable and the rest is fabulous. No gas in the 70 miles from Estacada to Detroit so make sure the tank is full.

edit - forgot to mention - it's southeast of Portland...

Comment

ride oregon

I forget where I read it but they say that hiway 101 coast north and south is one of three of the best rides in the country. Other than Kentucky for the last 4 years I've lived here all my life. between the coast, valley, high mountains, or the desert, all u have to do is pick a direction and go. I recomend the gorge or the coast. Keep in mind the gorge can get awful windy at times use caution but it's worth it. U can ride the old highway or 84. you'll see the previously mentioned falls. Keep in touch with me and maybe I'll have my old girl back on the road again and I can point u in the right direction.:-D

Comment

If you want to go to the coast another route is hwy 47 off of hwy 26, freshly paved last year and quite a few turns, like , 116 in 17 miles, the curviest. 70 odd miles of fun letting you out near Astoria. I live in Portland, many sights and pubs.
        V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I appreciate everyone's suggestions...it's gret info. Unfortunately, we decided to Portland might not work this year, as it's about $900 for airfare. We're going to drive somewhere in our area instead...most likely the Outer Banks of NC.

I'm a bit bummed. Hopefully next year we can do it though...

~Adam

Comment

Too bad you're not going to make it to Oregon. I've heard it's nice up there. But hey, so are the Outer Banks. Enjoy your time off regardless.

Originally posted by AOD View Post
            ... I also heard it has the most microbrews per capita in the US...
            I'll argue that one. The first Portland in the States has about 10 breweries with only 85,000 people in the "metro" area. Portland, Oregon has 38 with 562,690 residents. You do the math.

We have around 20 breweries in the state with under a million people. We like our beer! :-D

Comment

Working...
            X